Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about broadband services, please help

Options
  • 02-07-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We recently had our contract terminated by eircom for not paying our bill because we simply couldnt afford it. We owe about 180 euro to them. My question is this. I know we will have to pay eircom back, that goes without saying, but is it possible to get broadband with utv for example, even though we owe money to eircom. We need the internet back desperately. So to sum up, Is it possible to get a different supplier straight away despite owing eircom money or are all companies connected in the way that if we try to get a different supplier they will know we owe eircom money? thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You'd need a provider using cable rather then the phone but they will require a deposit most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any company using eircom lines won't deal with you. Unless you can use fixed wireless, or cable (UPC) as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 randomuser24

right so what about utv or perlico? i dont think upc is available where i live.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Perlico = Vodafone,
    Them and utv both use eircoms lines.

Advertisement