Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Less than 24 hours to complete meltdown,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is the Sahin deal dead in the water or are we just waiting to see what happens with him and Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Is the Sahin deal dead in the water or are we just waiting to see what happens with him and Arsenal?

Yeah it's off, he's gone to Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/mercado-de-fichajes/destino-sahin-sera-liverpool-2186154

The final race for services awarded Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin seems to be in the hands of Liverpool ahead of Arsenal. The good relationship between Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, and new coach of the 'reds', Brendan Rodgers, second team coach of Chelsea in the first stage that trained the Portuguese, has been instrumental in the operation is set and materialize the assignment for a year of Sahin Anfield club.

Be effective once the arrival of Croatian Luka Modric, Tottenham Real Madrid midfielder German of Turkish origin on loan accept his leap to the Premier League after a first season at the Bernabeu to forget, just minutes to consolidate all the expectations generated by his move from Borussia Dortmund German. At 23, Sahin was called to organize the Madrid midfield and well because of injuries or low confidence from his coach, Jose Mourinho, has been with the desire to claim all the supposed quality of his football. Just ten games with the first team and one headed goal balance are unfortunately limited to a player chosen by UEFA as the most promising player in 2011.

The mourning between Liverpool and Arsenal Sahin seems opted at the last minute in favor of the 'reds', which will see improved midfield with a much stronger, the third of this season after the acquisitions of Joe Allen, from the Swansea and signed for 12 million pounds also to strengthen the midfield, and Italy striker Fabio expunta Borini of Rome, which cost eight million.

While Arsene Wenger's Arsenal was the most suitable equipment for the arrival of Sahin, to the injury absences of Jack Wilshere and the imminent start of Alex Song to Barcelona, ​​the eternal difference between Wenger and Mourinho, along with the problems raised to strengthen a possible rival in the fight for the Champions League, have made the Gunners' rivals uncomfortable compromise on loan to the eternal promise of international football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I am pie wrote: »
    The only concrete piece of news on Sahin is that Wenger said he was 'following' him. We can at least say for sure they are interested.

Everything else is just fluff. Rumours include agents, Buck calling the player today, Song etc. All talk made up by anonymous sources, I'd give the S*n more credibility than most of the ITKs on twitter.
    cloptrop wrote: »
    Holy **** . Steve Clarke is claiming that if brendan rodgers gets top 4 its down to the team him and kenny built . He pretty much reckons brendan just took over a top quality team like pep guardiola did at barca. This is just crazy and pretty much embarrassing . Goes on to say he was sacked and didnt walk . Hmm wonder why .
    Its in the sun .

It really is fucking silly season in here,isn`t it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sahin will be at either ours or the Arsenal game this weekend. We'll all know then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

budgemook wrote: »
    Assaidi is number 11 anyways. First teamer so.

Yay, another players who's name spelling will be bastardised in here for the next 12 months!

If he is really bad "Ass", if he is really good "Ass-aid" :eek: :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well it was comparing the punishment a Liverpool player got to another player who breached the same FA Rules, but deleted now

You, citytillidie, are absolutely obsessed with Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Here he is!

Oussama Assaidi Completes Transfer

copy_(3)_of_oussama_assaidi_19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Brokeback Le Deux

oussama_assaidi_16.jpg

oussama_assaidi_15.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Stevie interrupts Assaidi medical -

copy_of_oussama_assaidi_09.jpg

Looks like he is crushing the kids hand! Nice touch though to drop in, that's gotta make him feel good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Jeezx and I only just got the hang of Aqui ... Acqu Aqua..the expensive floppy Italian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Des wrote: »
    You, citytillidie, are absolutely obsessed with Manchester United.

And not a hint of irony. I love it.

Dickerty wrote: »

Looks like he is crushing the kids hand! Nice touch though to drop in, that's gotta make him feel good...

Looks like Stevie is buying a new car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Some birthday present (belated) for Assaidi. Turned 24 on the 15th of this month, then two days later he is completing his move to Liverpool.

Just as well Torres left! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BR does seem to like his players alot;) :D

Attachment not found.

Picture tags FTW

Jeezx and I only just got the hang of Aqui ... Acqu Aqua..the expensive floppy Italian

Lucky for you Liverpool never signed Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Brendan could be a priest in father ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »
    Lucky for you Liverpool never signed Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink :D

Adam seems to be a difficult name at times. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Adams seems to be a difficult name at times. :D

Fixed that for you Kess :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Kess73 wrote: »
    Adam seems to be a difficult name at times. :D
    Don't you mean Adams......................................oh wait,is it Adam or Adams :confused::D

Oussama Assaidi does NOT have a Twitter account so anyone who followed the account last night mentioned, it's a fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Adams, Skirtel, Saurez and Assani gonna bang them in this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Wtf is this about Southampton signing Ramirez:eek:

639159323.jpg?key=434403&Expires=1345215609&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=sSj2nYAL64H4c~cTFb-e2ht6daKqtWvInpCvbukQNZKT~iNlxWx8sFuYk2gL3I93b1Tb3Aisa7kWTZnkdiTCx3s7PDHXcdwoGMxYIP1gZQvnp~sDpnvxxd6sofbsyOulj1Pntty-oKCk10JsnF~1aGsRocsx0m4BG~bF0su9eio_

Fowler87 wrote: »

Yep.it`s true. No-one saw that coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

And I just found out, they've just signed Sahin as well :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

They were the only club in for him apparently. He was a Daglish and co. target. Someone on Twitter (maybe Ben Smith?) said this a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lol.

Anyone reckon it was us in the failed bid for Dembele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Who knows if hel agree personal terms with them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I heard that Messi and Ronaldo are heading to Southampton in the babelcopter as we speak for a medical too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Look into my eyes you will run the wing and get crosses into the box!

oussama_assaidi_16.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Bib theory from the training photos today would have us lining out like the below tomorrow. Makes sense as it look like Enrique may have an injury as I can't spot him in the training pictures.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Borini, Downing, Suarez

Some good pics

150422329-steven-gerrard-shares-a-laugh-with-joe-allen-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qe06A6tQmmj%2fCi3U3qnX47muvan2bG%2beqfG26J4sIj7ZHqD9S%2bupzaNMf1i5%2ffwxJQ%3d%3d

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Where are the training photos? Getty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sneaking in the Chevy plug at all cost is he :D

That is akin to Tevez and Masch to West Ham, or Ravanelli, Juninho and Emerson to Boro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

That is akin to Tevez and Masch to West Ham, or Ravanelli, Juninho and Emerson to Boro...

Hardly, hes a decent enough player but no world beater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I'm nearly as familiar with Zaf Iqbal now as I am the Liverpool squad. That's his hand right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i really hope we get Dempsey soon
    would be a great signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Agree. Seen him a few times at this stage and hes decent with moments of class. Way to over hyped though. 11 million is about right imo. Nowhere near the level if mascherano or tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anyone else not bothered about Dempsey? If we can get him for less than £7m then great but I wouldn't be pushed otherwise. He'll be on a downward slope from last season imo and is in the last year of his contract

Not comparing the players like for like, but the shock value of "He's going where??"

His agent did a great job of talking him up and probably getting Soton to put up big wages though...

Fulham boss Martin Jol has confirmed Clint Dempsey wants to leave and they will sell him for the right price.
    Jol said the United States forward was not in the squad for Saturday's match against Norwich.
    He told a pre-match news conference: "If we get the right price for Clint we will sell him. If not, he will stay."
    Earlier in the summer a post appeared on the website of the company that owns Liverpool suggesting the Reds had signed him.
    _61647527_dempsy.png
    It was later taken down but Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed club chief executive Ian Ayre had been in touch with Dempsey. Rodgers added: "Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that."
    The 29-year-old scored 23 goals in 46 appearances last season and has one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage.
    Dempsey pulled out of Fulham's pre-season training camp in Switzerland and Jol said he had not been involved with the London club for a month.
    Jol added: "I would like to keep him, but I think it's impossible. It's a sad and an almost embarrassing situation."
    The Dutchman said Dempsey wanted to join a "Champions League" club which would rule out Liverpool but he then added: "I'm not sure if Liverpool is in the Champions League but if you look at the size of Liverpool, it's like a Champions League club."
    However he has been left furious at Liverpool's actions.
    "That was very disappointing," Jol said.
    "There was never an offer. Clint himself told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him.
    "Even [Rodgers] told everyone he was interested in Clint Dempsey, but our people never had an offer on the table, so it's almost embarrassing.
    "If you have shown interest in a player, especially in England, you have to follow it up with an offer. They didn't."
    Jol warned the club would sell Dempsey - but not at any price.
    "I can assure you that our chairman is strong enough. At first we didn't want to get rid of him, later on we had to change our position.
    "But our view is that we won't let Clint Dempsey go on the cheap, that's for sure."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Fulham have fined forward Clint Dempsey for refusing to play for the club! He's trying to force the move

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Twitter are saying we will make one last bid for dempsey even tho goldmember says we have never made an offer :D

i think this could work out well for us
    i think we will sign Dempsey in the next 7 days for 5-7 Million

Nearly nailed on I'd say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement