Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dvpower wrote: »

*Squints*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

We all know you'd have one dv, I meant normal people, people who aren't involved with the whole thing.

Gov will learn from this years mistake (only mistake they will learn from, unfortunately) I would be shocked if its not taken directly, for example paye or social welfare.

Can't see that happening, Labour wouldn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Gov will learn from this years mistake (only mistake they will learn from, unfortunately) I would be shocked if its not taken directly, for example paye or social welfare.

There was some talk of it being integrated with the PAYE systems and ROS, but too early to say.

kr7 wrote: »
    We all know you'd have one dv, I meant normal people, people who aren't involved with the whole thing.
    At least you now seem to accept that they exist.

Progress.

• Advertisement

Progress.

Hardly progress is it?

Progress.

The way this crowd waste money it'll always cost more to try and collect it than they'll take in.
    Sure if it keeps a few thousand PS workers in a job it's something.

I don't think Labour will have any influence on how the Revenue administer it. As an Office and not a Department, they aren't directed by a Minister.
    Hardly progress is it?
    I only expect baby steps.

The way this crowd waste money it'll always cost more to try and collect it than they'll take in.
    The 'beauty' of late fees and penalties.

The 'beauty' of late fees and penalties.

All part of the "grand plan".
    Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think it will go downhill like this --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulc2nw4oro

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

hellyeah wrote: »
    I did not pay, plus parents and brother. We all live in private estates ( seperate addreses of course), and have recieved squat.:D
    By law of average one of us should have received if you were to believe the media. More lies from government me thinks.

How many houses do you own?

Almost all householders who received letters will have been second-home owners already liable to pay the non-principal private residence or second home tax. These homeowners were identified using the NPPR data base and the register of private rented accommodation held by the Private Residential Tenancies Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How many houses do you own?

Almost all householders who received letters will have been second-home owners already liable to pay the non-principal private residence or second home tax. These homeowners were identified using the NPPR data base and the register of private rented accommodation held by the Private Residential Tenancies Board.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0723/1224320625512.html
    However, the new round of letters will be sent to non-payers who have been identified using sources such as the Revenue Commissioners, ESB Networks and the Department of Social Protection.

Lies on top of lies on top of fibs.
    Carry on dear leaders....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Nearly eight hundred thousand people do not need a letter to remind them not to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ghandee wrote: »
    Nearly eight hundred thousand people do not need a letter to remind them not to pay.

Decided to take the grandkids on a visit to the zoo with my 100e. At least i'll get some satisfaction for it.

Nice to see one of our 'shills' back.

Hi Gerry! The place was cold without you auld hand! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Nice to see one of our 'shills' back.

Hi Gerry! The place was cold without you auld hand! ;)

We'll have to warm it up a bit so.;)
    Good to be back.

It's like I've never been away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Won't be paying regardless what the cost is.

I won't bail out bankers.

You're bailing out the bankers already - ironically about the only tax you can be sure won't be going to bail out bankers is, wait for it, the property tax. :o

Your in good company so don't be bullied by the pro-taxers on here.

They have an agenda their working to and many of them are FG apologists so expect some flak.

Yeah, an agenda of smacking down the misinformation of tax evaders, and exposing the vacuous nature of claimed 'principled' opposition to paying your property tax. I've seen no apologists for FG on this or any other property tax thread. If anything there seems to be a bit of a cargo cult for FG figures among the tax evaders.

• Advertisement

The late penalties will offer some consolation. :p

alastair wrote: »
    The late penalties will offer some consolation. :p

You pay your late penalties on the poll tax alastair?

mikom wrote: »
    You pay your late penalties on the poll tax alastair?

I hope the fact that I didn't have to on account of the abandonment of the poll tax in favour of a return to property taxation won't grate too much when you shell out. ;)

I hope the fact that I didn't have to on account of the abandonment of the poll tax in favour of a return to property taxation won't grate too much when you shell out. ;)

Rewind........Some dried up ould prune probably said the same to you back in blighty.

mikom wrote: »
    Rewind........Some dried up ould prune probably said the same to you back in blighty.

Problem is that people there recognised that property taxation was just, where poll tax wasn't. People rioting for the return of property taxation. Apples and oranges.

The harsh reality is property taxation is here, and you aren't going to wish it away. No matter how much you'd like that to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Avatarr

Labour are a disgrace, they will do as FG tell them, they will distance themselfs of course and Gilmore will convieniently he's abroad when it happens, but it will happen.

Labour are the new greens, with one exception, they are desperately clinging to Croke park and what they seem as their core vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

People rioting for the return of property taxation. Apples and oranges.

People wanting to go back into the frying pan after being put in the deep fat fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Won't be paying regardless what the cost is.

I won't bail out bankers.

This is the type of ignorance people need to correct.

We have a 15bn euro deficit this year that has nothing to do with the bank bailout.

I have no problem with water meters being introduced.

But surely the quality will have to improve before they expect people to pay for water like this.

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/important-notice-disruption-of-water-supply/

I currently only drink bottled water, and is it any wonder.

Interesting to see further salary increases to some folk too.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cabinet-advisers-get-pay-rise-to-mark-first-year-203198.html

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    This is the type of ignorance people need to correct.

We have a 15bn euro deficit this year that has nothing to do with the bank bailout.
    The figures have been laid out in front of Ghandee many many times now, bit he's picked his spot on the wall. Its all about the bankers for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement