Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband early cease charge?

• 26-07-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Today I received an invoice including 99.36E + VAT for the early cease of broadband. According to my record I was with Eircom for one year. When I cancelled the account there was no mention of this early cease charge. If so, I would have questioned it.
    Credit for the unwanted and returned modem I received at the start of the contract was still not credited on the final invoice but I gave up on that a long time ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

LasseBrown wrote: »
    Today I received an invoice including 99.36E + VAT for the early cease of broadband. According to my record I was with Eircom for one year. When I cancelled the account there was no mention of this early cease charge. If so, I would have questioned it.
    Credit for the unwanted and returned modem I received at the start of the contract was still not credited on the final invoice but I gave up on that a long time ago.

Hi LasseBrown,

Have looked through the account and can see where the problem arose. There was an error at the beginning when the account was first opened which left you short of a discount that you were entitled to. This was rectified in September (2 months after activation) but resulted in a contract being applied onto the account. This contract should have begun with the initial installation obviously. Apologies for this mix up but we'll get the contract charges written off for you. You will get another 'final' bill in the next couple of weeks so when this is received, leave a note on this thread and I'll cancel all the extra charges in one go.

I looked through the case history and just to put your mind at ease, the €30 credit for the modem was issued on 20/09/2011 and was listed on the bill dated 14/10/2011. Apologies again for the mix up but I'll get it resolved to the correct amount as soon as the final bill issues.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LasseBrown

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LasseBrown

Hi LasseBrown,

... You will get another 'final' bill in the next couple of weeks so when this is received, leave a note on this thread and I'll cancel all the extra charges in one go.

Hi,

Received that final bill recently, some early cease charges were added... I paid for the calls and line rental until disconnection, so I believe the full amount of the final bill is unjust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

LasseBrown wrote: »
    Hi,

Received that final bill recently, some early cease charges were added... I paid for the calls and line rental until disconnection, so I believe the full amount of the final bill is unjust.

I can confirm that the credit was issued on the account on Wednesday.

29/08/12 TRANSFER -132.68 CR -4.20 MIS
    29/08/12 TRANSFER -30.51 CR -26.31 CR MIS

So you should receive a refund cheque of €26.31 in the next 3-5weeks.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement