Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone/Ipad not finding Airprinter

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hoping for some help all.

Bought myself a new HP Photosmart 6510 during the week....eprint and Airprint compatible.
    So i now have my laptop, new printer, ipad 2 and iphone 4s all running on my network using an Eircom Zyxel router.
    I am able to use the eprint function from all of the above to print wirelessly to the printer. However the airprint function will not work on the apple devices. When i look for the printer it says that it cannot find one.
    Ive done some searching and seen that there may be some issue regarding the bonjour service and the eircom zyxel router.
    Anyone know what i need to do to get this up and running??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've had similar issues with AppleTV sharing in a friends house and gave up and changed the router for a netgear one.
    However I've read online tonnes of different solutions that have worked for others but none worked for us. Heres some from what I remember.

1.Resetting network settings on the iPad(warning this will delete all network passwords)
    2.Changing the encryption on router from WEP to WPA
    3.Changing the Router SSID to a shorter name
    4.Updating the firmware on the router
    5.Disabling IGMP snooping

See this article

Advertisement