Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cs350 wont set 1 open zone

Options
  • 29-09-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi All
    looking for some info here guys, i have cs350 alarm today i came home and the alarm was not on
    tried to set it both normal and part guard,
    it goes through the motions and then says open zone 04.
    I done a walk test and through elimination have worked out from the 6 zones that it is upstairs is the problem .
    my question is how do i inhibit the zone if going out
    or how do i find the fault

last week i was stapling the alarm wires under the stairs and may have gone through the wire but the alarm has worked ok since
    any info is much appreciated
    thanks
    stephen

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To inhibit a zone enter you user code press arrow down & select inhibit. (Press the correct key)
    Enter the zone number & press the correct key.
    The screen will display is inhibited.
    The zone stays inhibited for one arm/disarm cycle only.
    If you have the engineer code you can permanently program the zone unused.

To find the fault I would start by checking that cable you were stapling.
    Do you meant there are 6 sensors/contacts on zone 4?
    The next step would be to open them one by one & close off the zone connections to see if the problem disappears.
    Do you have a multimeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Hi KoolKid
    thanks for the reply .
    i searched this site and you replied to me about inhibit the alarms in 2010 . i tormented the hell out of you then so thanks again
    yes i can inhibit it the way you said
    but to fix it is the main thing .
    when i say 6 zones i mean
    1 front door
    2 front windows (down stairs)
    3 kitchen
    4 upstairs
    5 panic button
    6 pir on stairs
    All will work apart from 4

I have the engineer code so might need a step by step from you when you get a chance to perm inhibit the zone :).

re. cable How do i check it? The staple went through it and i pulled it back out so i don't know if i stripped or broke the inner wires. This is only a half meter from the mains box.
    but alarm was working fine until this morning

i have a multimeter from lidl years ago somewhere but don't know how to use it properly.
    thanks for any help you can give.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

stedeb wrote: »

I have the engineer code so might need a step by step from you when you get a chance to perm inhibit the zone :).

To Program zone 4 unused:
    Enter engineer code,
    Press Arrow down,
    Press 4 & press the correct key on zone type,
    press arrow down until you come to zone 4 & press the correct key.
    The screen will flash Alarm,
    Press 0 and this will change to unused,
    Press the correct key & Unused will remain steady on the screen,
    To exit engineer press X until goodbye displays & press the correct key.

How many windows are alarmed upstairs?
    The easiest way may be to disconnect & close off each sensor one by one.
    In Engineer goto
    Maintenance>Open zones
    This will display zones open after you disconnect & close off a device check back & see if the zone has closed.

How many windows are alarmed upstairs? xxx

The easiest way may be to disconnect & close off each sensor one by one.
    In Engineer goto
    Maintenance>Open zones
    This will display zones open after you disconnect & close off a device check back & see if the zone has closed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks koolkid
    All of upstairs is on zone 4
    There are 5 sensors on this

When i do show open zones it says "04 upstairs" how do i close off them 1 at a time ?
    thanks Stephen

Can you open one sensor & take a pic?
    It will make it much easier to explain.

• Advertisement

hi Kool kid
    sorry for the delay
    see attached inside the sensor
    Attachment not found.IMG_0993.JPG

On that one connect the black to the other leg of the resistor and join the blue and yellow. If there are 2 cables join colour to colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Same problem I've had, except my sensors/base look different.
    I checked it before and its the bathroom one,it shows closed even when its open, all others show an open zone when their window is opened.
    I have aritech sensors (combined shock/contact), its a rectangular white block about 7 centimetres tall, 3 wide, 2 deep, has a circle in the centre with Aritech embossed in it.
    Can these be still gotten or would any shock/contact sensor be a suitable replacement

You can still get them or any global inertia contact will work .

KoolKid wrote: »
    On that one connect the black to the other leg of the resistor and join the blue and yellow. If there are 2 cables join colour to colour.

hi kool kid
    so simply i have to put black in to resister screw hole and blue and yellow together in one of the other holes

will this make it a closed zone
    so try this with all the sensors to find the one affecting the alarm being set ?
    thanks
    stephen

• Advertisement

All correct Stephen. The others won't have resistors . If there are 2 cables just join colour to colour. If there is another sensor with single cable join red to black and blue to yellow.

Advertisement