Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Storage Heating Problem Creda TSR24CW

• 07-10-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Heater 1 - Living Room
    Creda Supaslim Combi Storage Heater
    Model No: TSR24CW
    Serial No: 1535Z
    Heater 2 - Hallway
    Creda Slimline Storage Heater
    Model No: TSR12MW - 79344S
    Serial No: 0012496A

Hi Guys

I am hoping someone will be able to help me here. I am living in an apartment with 2 Creda storage heaters that are not keeping the heat in them for the entire day. I have tried setting the input to 6 and output to 1 and then turning the output up in the evening after work but all the heat is gone by 6pm - 7pm at the latest. I have been playing with the controls for a number of days now trying to get them ready for the winter but I'm having no luck at all and almost giving up hope and buying a small gas heater!

Has anybody got experience using these that might know where I am going wrong.

This is a pic of the large heater and it's controls
    28jk75c.jpg
    az6zw1.jpg

This is a pic of the smaller heater which has the same controls as the larger one
    1z1wgmh.jpg

There is also two dials on my mains fuse board that I think might have something to do with the heating controls but I don't actually know what it is or how to use it. There is a dial for day and a dial for night. There is no manufacturers name on it the only writing on it seems to be "710-2" with a red logo beside it. Here is a pic of it
    208iuu0.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to get the heating working properly before the cold weather is upon us!

Thanks very much folks

Allan :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

on the fuse board day set at 0 night set at +2

on the heater itself input at 6 output at 3

try that

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Allan84mv

Cheers for the info! Have you any idea what the thing on the fuse board is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

day and night rate electricity - you charge the heaters during the night with cheaper electricity and it emits heat during the day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭meercat

the output knob is a basic open/close baffle that allows the hot air flow around the pre-heated bricks

have a look through the vents on the top to make sure this is opening/closing when you turn the output knob

if it is stuck open then all the brick heat escapes too early leaving none for the evening

still not working as I hoped people!! Anyone else got experience with these things!! I miss my gas heating!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Allan84mv wrote:
    There is also two dials on my mains fuse board that I think might have something to do with the heating controls but I don't actually know what it is or how to use it. There is a dial for day and a dial for night. There is no manufacturers name on it the only writing on it seems to be "710-2" with a red logo beside it. Here is a pic of it
    208iuu0.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to get the heating working properly before the cold weather is upon us!

Thanks very much folks

Allan :)
    The above is a Devi Reg unit & works in conjunction with an outside thermostat which may be located on the outside wall of your apartment .
    Instructions are in the attached image which you'll have to click on to enlarge.
    Attachment not found.

Thanks you seem to know what your talking about here!!
    Can you tell me by any chance are these clock settings correct that I found on the meters downstairs! The picture was taken at 17:20 but the clock appears to be reading 16:20. Also, I have no thermostat inside the apartment i looked everywhere! Normally I thought there is one.

hrdh5v.jpg

2h5k70z.jpg

2a6jora.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Allan84mv wrote: »
    Thanks you seem to know what your talking about here!!
    Not really, just what i've picked up by experimentation!

With regard to the clock settings - don't worry as when the clocks change at the end of the month they will be right anyway. They are set by ESB & sealed so everthing is in order there.

What I'd suggest is, especially now that the cold weather is on the way to set the input to max & output to zero or whatever your lowest setting is (the heater will still give out heat during the night when charging & during the day), which seems to be what you are doing. At about 8 or 8.30pm let out the remaining heat by moving the output to 6. You will probably need to use the convector part of the heater for another hour or two if it's very cold. When the storage heating kicks in & starts charging again you can turn the convector part off as heat will start coming out at that stage. Just remember to turn the output back to zero (or your lowest setting) when you're going to bed so as to maximise the amount of heat being stored overnight.

Meanwhile, you could try adjusting the devireg in your fusebox to see if it improves things. ASAIK the thermostat should be on an outside wall of your apartment. Have a look for a small box (about the size of a large box of OXO cubes), though some apartments just have one sometimes down in the underground car park area.

Advertisement