Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wifi Hub Connection Problem

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Is anyone else having difficulty connecting to the eircom Wifi hub network -

I've got eMobile broadband - one of the reasons I got it was that it comes with free access to the Wifi Hub networks, this all worked fine until about 2 weeks ago - I was using my Mac - Its was the one At AIB Blanchardstown which I had used the previous day with out problems and it just kept saying limited or no connectibilty - it doesn't even allow me to open the eircom home page to input my log in details - I tried deleting the Wifi network from my wifi, rebooting the computer and attempting to connect again with no success
    I also tried one of the other hotspots at Blanchardstown but still coudn't connect, Just to make sure its was the computer that was the problem I attempted to connect to the Blanch library wifi which was fine, I can also connect to other wifi networks no problems - I even use an E5 eMobile wireless hub - the computer connects just fine.
    I then thought that it might just be a problems with using my Mac so I also have an HTC phone and a Samsung tablet - I attempted to connect with both of these with no success - its goes as far as connected and obtaining an IP address and then disconnects, I've also tried connecting my phone and tablet to other (non-eircom) wireless networks and they connect without problem. (I also tried connecting to Hotspots in Dublin city centre but get the same result).
    Does anyone know if there has been a change in software or something, I looked on the website but all the tutorial videos about fixing problems ask what windows operating system I'm using which as I'm using a Mac doesn't apply.
    Has anyone experienced a similar problem. Thx

On a more technical note I'm using
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    HTC android - fully uptodate
    Samsung Galaxy Tab - fully uptodate

Comments

Advertisement