Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, what a Joke, but not funny

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Signed up for Eircom, its the only provider where I live. NGB and phone package. The installation technician was great, no complaints.

Firstly, they sent the initial bill and the modem to the wrong address, I was in the hospital a lot as my close relative was gravely ill, luckily I was able to track the modem down. I then noticed that I was put on the wrong package [NGB Basic, with 10gig d/load cap, fishy as this would have created a huge bill if I hadn't noticed], I tried to rectify this, the customer service was not great. I eventually got it sorted, or so I thought.

After five days the package was changed, but it was still the wrong one. Contacted Eircom again, told them I would not pay the bill until I had the package I signed up for, they said no problem.

My relative died. I still had not been put on the right package. On the day of the funeral I received an intimidating notice to pay. Contacted customer service again and this guy was distracted and unhelpful. I was still on the wrong package, grieving, sad and close to broke. Then the phone was cut off.

How fair is this? Constant mess-ups by Eircom and they cut me off?

Very unhappy with this would be an understatement.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

indyflicks wrote: »
    Signed up for Eircom, its the only provider where I live. NGB and phone package. The installation technician was great, no complaints.

Firstly, they sent the initial bill and the modem to the wrong address, I was in the hospital a lot as my close relative was gravely ill, luckily I was able to track the modem down. I then noticed that I was put on the wrong package [NGB Basic, with 10gig d/load cap, fishy as this would have created a huge bill if I hadn't noticed], I tried to rectify this, the customer service was not great. I eventually got it sorted, or so I thought.

After five days the package was changed, but it was still the wrong one. Contacted Eircom again, told them I would not pay the bill until I had the package I signed up for, they said no problem.

My relative died. I still had not been put on the right package. On the day of the funeral I received an intimidating notice to pay. Contacted customer service again and this guy was distracted and unhelpful. I was still on the wrong package, grieving, sad and close to broke. Then the phone was cut off.

How fair is this? Constant mess-ups by Eircom and they cut me off?

Very unhappy with this would be an understatement.

:(

Hi indyflicks

I have just responded to you on the Forum, If you have any follow up queries let me know.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement