Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL Disconnected

Options
  • 21-11-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anyone help/advise on a very frustrating problem recently my eircom netopia router decided to pack up now getting constant flashing/nothing at all on the dsl light and is showing as disconnected on the router status page have tried a reset to no avail. It would appear that a router replacement is needed however the support people don't agree they insist there's a problem with the line now I've to wait for an engineer to come and say what I allready know then wait another few days for a replacement router.
    What can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Have you tried disconnecting all telephones and plugging the router cable directly into the wall (no micro filters)?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

homer911 wrote: »
    Have you tried disconnecting all telephones and plugging the router cable directly into the wall (no micro filters)?

Actually that's the way its set up without any micro filters directly into the wall.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just wondering could anyone help/advise on a very frustrating problem recently my eircom netopia router decided to pack up now getting constant flashing/nothing at all on the dsl light and is showing as disconnected on the router status page have tried a reset to no avail. It would appear that a router replacement is needed however the support people don't agree they insist there's a problem with the line now I've to wait for an engineer to come and say what I allready know then wait another few days for a replacement router.
    What can i do?

If there is no DSL light or if it's flashing, it means the signal coming into the router is affected. This would point to an issue on the line as you have all the filters out.
    To confirm it's a hardware issue, can you get a router from someone else and see if that has the same behaviour. If so, then it would be a line issue.

Advertisement