Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show ** Read Mod Note in Post 1 **

Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Watching the repeat now. I don't even remember half of the stuff on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I just taped it from earlier to watch the tractor dude again. So funny! It's even better today for some reason. I love how 'any craic? Níl' has taken off in such a big way on Twitter as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

coconut5 wrote: »
    I just taped it from earlier to watch the tractor dude again. So funny! It's even better today for some reason. I love how 'any craic? Níl' has taken off in such a big way on Twitter as well.
    Was staged in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was staged in fairness.

I agree completely... I dont to appear mean spirited, but it's the same as the girl that said "ah here", same as the way Johnjoe last year said "well it's not as good as a Rolex".... Tubridy scripts these bits with the kids.... "When I say 'any craic?', you say 'Níl' and then drive off".....

I'm afraid the only moments of spontaneity on The Late Late Show are the frequent mistakes by the RTE sound team..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree completely... I dont to appear mean spirited, but it's the same as the girl that said "ah here", same as the way Johnjoe last year said "well it's not as good as a Rolex".... Tubridy scripts these bits with the kids.... "When I say 'any craic?', you say 'Níl' and then drive off".....

I'm afraid the only moments of spontaneity on The Late Late Show are the frequent mistakes by the RTE sound team..
    I completely disagree with your remark about John Joe, he is an exceptionally intelligent kid, there is nothing contrived or put on about him. He wants to be a horologist when he is older so he has an excellent knowledge of watches and clocks - hence the Rolex remark.

Anyway, I think it would take someone smarter that Tubs to get John Joe to work off a script :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Attachment not found.

Driving to work this morning, I see this Car Reg. ahead of me.

A sign of some sort on the Day of the Late Late Toy Show?!

Omg that is hilarious diddler!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Watched it yesterday and it was terrible. The kids showing the toys were annoying little sh#ts, the singing was atrocious (apart from the two girls singing O Holy Night which was brilliant) and the actual toys were garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Watched it yesterday and it was terrible. The kids showing the toys were annoying little sh#ts, the singing was atrocious (apart from the two girls singing O Holy Night which was brilliant) and the actual toys were garbage.

Ah that's a bit harsh! It wasn't that bad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

We live in a cynical world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Business as usual, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I'm afraid the only moments of spontaneity on The Late Late Show are the frequent mistakes by the RTE sound team...

Ah, I wouldn't say it was staged, purely because it doesn't even sound that funny unless you see it in person. If it was another kid it wouldn't have been half as funny.

As for the girl that said, "ah here", well she seemd like a very precocious girl, and I'd day she used the line to get a laugh out of the adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

lockie1983 wrote: »

The first full toy show was in 1975?? WOW!! I would love to see some of the old shows!

Rte should release a DVD of the best bits of the Toy Shows through out the years!

There is an episode of the Late Late Toy Show from 1997 on the RTÉ Player.
    0006b646-261.jpg
    The 1997 Toy Show, presented by Gay Byrne, has a huge collection of all the latest toys and gadgets. Special guest is Liam Neeson and Dustin the Turkey. First broadcast: 12/12/1997

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10092311/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ah that's a bit harsh! It wasn't that bad.....

It was really bad. To be fair I thought Tubs did a good job even though he had to deal with the likes of the James Bond kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

As for the girl that said, "ah here", well she seemd like a very precocious girl, and I'd day she used the line to get a laugh out of the adults.

That kid and her friend were two of the most fake children I have ever seen. Two little brats I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Never a truier word muck

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭irishpaddy007

really

Advertisement