Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicki Minaj: "Steven Tyler is racist"

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj is who again ? what ?

Attachment not found.
    She looks particularly like the big lipped chick in the Muppets.

http://www.toughpigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/janicetotallylookslikeminaj.jpg

Minaj is actually a really good looking woman without all the tat. And great body without the bum implants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Pot calling the kettle black.

A black person making themselves look like a white person may not be racism but it's certainly strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has there been a big rivalry between them in NJ down the years out of curiousit? In The Sopranos, when Chris wakes up from a coma after having been shot, he claims he went to hell briefly and it consisted of an Irish bar where it is St Patricks Day all year every year :pac:

Speaking of the Sopranos It's actually since the mob went into decline that Irish and Italians have bonded. In the past the Italians and Mafia members looked down on Irish gangs, they viewed them as subhuman, white 'N' word was a term they used. It wasn't until Jimmy Coonan and the Westies joined up with the Gambino Crime Family that the Irish gained respect in organised crime.

With the mob now is disarray that kind of bull has died out, also of course each new generation's heritage becomes more diluted, Irish and Italians have turned into white middle/working class Americans. The new minority you could say in a city like New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I didn't know that either Bob Dylan or Nicki Minaj were black. You learn something new every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Ficheall wrote: »
    I didn't know that either Bob Dylan or Nicki Minaj were black. You learn something new every day.

Well, whatever she is, she certainly isnt 'white'. Apparently she is often called "the black Lady Gaga". Or so says Wikipedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I assume Steven Tyler was basing his opinion on the crap that comes out of American Idol and how the judges are more concerned with someone having a 'perfect' voice and on how aesthetically pleasing they are to teenage girls and boys than they are with someone having personality, individuality and songwriting ability. He could have said the same thing about any other judge.

I can't stand Aerosmith by the way. I suppose that makes me racist against white people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ninja Minger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I bought Pink for an ex-girlfriend. Our relationship ended under....controversial circumstances.

• Site Banned Posts: 95 ✭✭Debator

America is ultra PC you can't even joke these days without being accused of inciting hatred, the minorities have gained a significant foothold. A friend in New Jersey told me recently that you can't even drop a K bomb anymore, but yet the Jewish community continue to use derogatory language about Italians and Irish.

What a very odd comment to make. "My friend said ..." :rolleyes:
    So I checked this poster's history and came across this gem about the Jews:
    It's funny the way the USA didn't want to accommodate these people when Alaska was suggested as a place to put them, out of sight out of mind so to speak. Even Hitler talked of planting the species on Madagascar. We all know they cause trouble as well as influencing American commerce and politics, the question is which Euro countries will be brave enough to front up to these people when they start the next great war.

Would you like some ketchup to go with that chip on your shoulder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Speaking of the Sopranos It's actually since the mob went into decline that Irish and Italians have bonded. In the past the Italians and Mafia members looked down on Irish gangs, they viewed them as subhuman, white 'N' word was a term they used. It wasn't until Jimmy Coonan and the Westies joined up with the Gambino Crime Family that the Irish gained respect in organised crime.

Varied by organisation I presume. In Goodfellas for example Henry and Jimmy were made men in all but name, only due to their Irish heritage, but they were still well respected.

Gotta love Ralphie in The Sopranos

"your father, he had balls the size of an Irish broads ass!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Debator wrote: »
    What a very odd comment to make. "My friend said ..." :rolleyes:
    So I checked this poster's history and came across this gem about the Jews:

Would you like some ketchup to go with that chip on your shoulder?

That was an awful post which I'm ashamed of, I was heavily inebriated at the time and I let myself down very badly, truth be told I think I was trying to troll.

I apologised to the moderator at the time and took my ban from the politics forum. I know this will probably ring hollow with you but I'm not like that at all, the only person I hate at times is myself.

That was an awful post which I'm ashamed of, I was heavily inebriated at the time and I let myself down very badly, truth be told I think I was trying to troll.

I apologised to the moderator at the time and took my ban from the politics forum. I know this will probably ring hollow with you but I'm not like that at all, the only person I hate at times is myself.

Is that you Mel?

• Site Banned Posts: 95 ✭✭Debator

Your post which I quoted is disgusting and bigoted, in my opinion. Your latest gripe seems to be "waah, we can't say racist things about the Jews anymore! It's political correctness gone mad!"

You say you are ashamed of your past posts and that it's not the real you, but you don't seem to have changed one bit. If alcohol is a problem for you, seek professional help. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Varied by organisation I presume. In Goodfellas for example Henry and Jimmy were made men in all but name, only due to their Irish heritage, but they were still well respected.

Gotta love Ralphie in The Sopranos

"your father, he had balls the size of an Irish broads ass!"

The Italian mob were noted for their brutality. Routinely resorting to butchery far beyond anything the traditional heavies(the Irish) would dream of. Which mostly stopped at a few kicks of a hobnail boot.
    What this has to do with that ludicrous female "singer" in thread title I have no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

She could always take out her anger and frustration on my willy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Debator wrote: »
    . If alcohol is a problem for you, seek professional help. Best of luck.

One drunken rant equals a drinking problem? Only if you are a celebrity or politiician trying to dig yourself out of a hole :pac:

Advertisement