Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using old eircom router with new ISP

Options
  • 14-12-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I moved out to the middle of nowhere and I had eircom in the town. I had to get regional broadband and was wondering could I use my old eircom router with them? I have tried setting it up with the ethernet in the first ethernet port and the internet light comes on but the IP address in the router settings is blank and websites do not load. Could anybody help with this, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yes you can. Make sure DHCP is enabled on your router. Have you configured the DNS and cleared off the old dsl settings.

Its wireless so ignore the DSL light.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wafa

Oh great, I thought it wouldn't work! I have gotten to where the routers Internet light comes on but it won't load pages. I don't know what you mean by dns sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wafa

how do I clear off the old dsl settings?

Advertisement