Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phoneline needed- Contract options?

• 17-12-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I want to get a phone line connected with Eircom. The house is a newly built home that has already been wired for phonelines though never activated for use if you get me. I only want the phoneline connected. I dont want any bundles/ contract. A friend got his line connected without a contract before for €130 or something like that and was free to move to anyone he wanted/ cancel his account completely as he wouldn't be in a position to sign up for 12 months.
    What are my options? I dont mind paying something like the €130 to have it connected as long as I'm free to move operators etc. Can you advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Ah-Watch

I have looked into this and I can confirm that a 12 month contract exists with the installation for a line from eircom. We are offering free installation at the moment for customers who chose to go on direct debit whereas the charge is usually €121.93. If you are interested in other operators, they are now able to place the order for installation of lines but I am not aware on their terms regarding contracts. I am sorry that i could be the bearer of better news and I wish you the best in exploring your options.

Regards

Al

Advertisement