Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Setup Help

Options
  • 31-12-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I am using a ZyXel P-660HN-T1A_IPv6 router to connect to Eircom wireless in my home. The problem is that the house is big and the signal does not spread everywhere.

I have a Belkin router (F5D7234-4 v3) that I would like to set up on another floor to improve the signal. When I connect the Belkin router to the ASDL line it shows no connectivity.

How can I set up this router?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

you cant setup the second router on the same phone line upstairs... you need to run a cat5/cat5e cable from the router downstairs to upstairs and then put the router upstairs in bridge mode and it will act as a wireless access point.. So first thing to do is run the cable and then setup router....

Hope this helps....

Advertisement