Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

twam2008 wrote: »
    Why did you both get the same one, would you not have been better off getting two different ones and swapping games when finished? Also can anyone explain the bundle prices to me? Seeing Killzone bundle for €490, wouldn't people be better off getting the game separately?

There are two Killzone Bundles, one is €439 and one is €499.

The €439 one is just the console and the game.

The €499 is the game, extra controller and camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah that makes sense. We paid €440 each. My puny little brother should have no problems luggin them home so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Xenji wrote: »
    There are two Killzone Bundles, one is €439 and one is €499.

The €439 one is just the console and the game.

The €499 is the game, extra controller and camera.

Littlewoods are selling the one with just the game for €490. I fecking hate that place.

Littlewoods are selling the one with just the game for €490. I fecking hate that place.

Yeah they are total ripoff merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So i'm now reduced to staring at the clock and yelling at it to hurry up.

What the **** is wrong with me?

What's wrong with you?

You're staring at the clock and yelling at it to hurry up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Royksopp just popped up on my iTunes, "It's what I want that's easy, It's getting it that's complicated". Seemed appropriate :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Where did you get it, might make a good Christmas present for myself.

Beanbags.ie (easiest website name to remember ever!) They're based in Wexford, and delivery is free anywhere in Ireland. I ordered this yesterday at 11:00, and it arrived this morning at 10:00. Cost €120.

jones wrote: »
    Great chair man i got a gaming chair in Ikea last month in preparation but the bean bag looks class

Thanks! It is pretty class, its got that premium product feel, really high quality material. I wont really know how to rate it though until I spend at least 24 hours Battlefielding in it. So that will be Sunday morning then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's very hard to study today. I can only imagine how that will go after I pick this thing up tomorrow.

Just another 30 mins left at work, god this has been a long day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Had a feeling this was gonna happen when i pre ordered the ps4 months ago...... :pac:

Girlfriends in hospital since Monday she wont be out again till our son is born could be induced anytime between now and two weeks time.

God damn it ill be having a word with him when hes older :P.

My lad was born Friday morning so off work. Result

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

Royksopp just popped up on my iTunes, "It's what I want that's easy, It's getting it that's complicated". Seemed appropriate :-)

Don't lie, you only know that song through FIFA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Anyone suggest a half decent headset that will work with PS4 from launch? Not looking to get ripped off by turtle beach. Any half decent usb headset with a mic will do!

Also, anyone who will be playing battlefield 4 tomorrow add my psn id : HomelessMidge

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's very hard to study today. I can only imagine how that will go after I pick this thing up tomorrow.

Same, in the library and just got my dispatch email. Worked all week so I can write off the weekend. Serious Battlefield session to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Went into Gamestop this morning to pick up my ticket for tonight. I asked them to check for me where my console was manufactured as well, made in China. Hopefully I wont be one of the unlucky ones that gets free Chinese grad student phelem in the center of his console! :D

I'm going to guess then that the stock of PS4's in Gamestop Clonmel are all Chinese made.

Also, to mark the occasion I decided to get myself a nice new gaming chair. And look what arrived this morning! Beanbag chair in Playstation blue. Now I'm really starting to get excited for tonight :cool:

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    are you getting a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Last 2 hours of work are draaaging... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone suggest a half decent headset that will work with PS4 from launch? Not looking to get ripped off by turtle beach. Any half decent usb headset with a mic will do!

Also, anyone who will be playing battlefield 4 tomorrow add my psn id : HomelessMidge

Isn't there one with the console. It's probably a crappy thing but that's what I intend to use until the January sales/patches kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Isn't there one with the console. It's probably a crappy thing but that's what I intend to use until the January sales/patches kick in.

Yeah suppose I could wait til January sales! Thanks for the idea man.

Gonna be a long night for these guys

360x200
    Long queues are building up at the Sony store in Berlin in preparation for the midnight sale.

Berlin has PlayStation fever: Long queues are building up at the Sony store at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin in preparation for the midnight sale. It's only 3pm and there are already more than 1000 fans gathered there waiting at temparatures around 8°C.

For comparison: Last Thursday there were around 200 fans waiting at 11pm to get the first Xbox One consoles from the Saturn store at the Alexanderplatz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

I know you said not turtle beach but I bought a set this week for €40 have decent reviews might be some use for you, I haven't used them yet but look ok for what I want
    I posted this in one of the other thread

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-TBS-2137-P11-Headset/dp/B004R9Q1IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385460669&sr=8-1&keywords=turtlebeach+p11

http://www.turtlebeach.com/console-compatibility

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gonna be a long night for these guys

360x200

200 fans in Berlin for Xbox one lol. There are over 100 people to go tonight in a little town here to pick up ps4! :pac:

Anyway, I went through my electronics graveyard closet and found Ethernet cable, which will be long enough to connect ps4 to Modem, so it should give better connection for PS vita remote play.
    I dont know if I will bother with it tonight though! :pac:

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    are you getting a bundle?

Getting the Killzone bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

200 fans in Berlin for Xbox one lol. There are over 100 people to go tonight in a little town here to pick up ps4! :pac:

In fairness alexanderplatz isnt the best area to gauge off of. Potzdammerplatz is right in the centre of berlin and it is a sony centre so they have the most stock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just tried to open the Playstation App on my phone and it say "an error has occured" and quits out of it......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

srumball wrote: »
    Just tried to open the Playstation App on my phone and it say "an error has occured" and quits out of it......

Working for me.
    Re-install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭carloscorreia

F1ngers wrote: »
    Working for me.
    Re-install it.

Mine is also working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

whats this playstation app called

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

whats this playstation app called

I think its just playstation app, search that and you will find it no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah when I sign in it picks up my us account name but has my eu games played and trophies, I think it must be grabbing some saved psn details from safari, I'm gonna clear the history and cache and see if that works, pretty weird...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement