Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Inconsiderate drivers who block up the yellow box- especially in the mornings/ evenings...

Worse still is, I know YOU KNOW that your doing that means youll get through a little quicker but youll happily leave me sat there through yet another set of traffic light changes without a care in the world. :mad:

Re fog lights I dont mind front ones on country roads etc where theyre needed so long as your reaction time to seeing another cars lights on-coming from around a bend or whatever and you turning yours off is on form...

Another thing would be spitting on the pavement- why? WHY and Im sorry but Ive only ever seen men do it so.... WHY spit your saliva all over the place for no apparent reason-... or is there one, any spitters out there who care to share....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Here it is, abit dark outside can do another tomorrow, Attachment not found.
    its a wrx sti type R

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Black lads in the toilets in nightclubs trying to spray me with shyte aftershave.

I'm sorry but we just want you smelling nice for the ladies:D

And what pisses me off........
    White people

I'm sorry but we just want you smelling nice for the ladies:D

And what pisses me off........
    White people

Is that not racist of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I hate when I'm standing at a pedestrian crossing and people come up and push the button anyway as if I forgot to do it.

the more you press it, the quicker they change. Every time it's pressed. It counts as another person waiting. Busy areas are set to more presses. But they are faster if you keep pressing them.
    _________

What annoys me?
    *People who won't get up from the seat on busses for a disabled/elderly to sit down when asked. Or get really pissed off, while moving really slowly.
    *Prams on busses. Fold the damn things rather than taking three seats and blocking the middle of the bus.
    *Christmas shopping
    *People who want a service but don't want to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

the more you press it, the quicker the change. Every time it's pressed. It counts as another person waiting. Busy areas are set to more presses. But they are faster if you keep pressing them.

Do you actually believe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Merge.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do you actually believe this?

Time it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Time it.

I won't time it, because I know that pressing it more than once will do absolutely nothing for the few sets of lights that the button does something on. For the majority of them it's just a placebo.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I won't time it, because I know that pressing it more than once will do absolutely nothing for the few sets of lights that the button does something on. For the majority of them it's just a placebo.

If they're on a timer, then it will roll out the same each time. Wont take you long to prove it to yourself however, if it does indeed speed up the lights in your area.

I lived in one area, that if it wasn't pressed frequently, the lights would not turn at all. But that was possibly a malfunction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

The majority of us that don't wait for the wee green man, and think "I an't got time for dat!" I can always spot a local whether in auckland, syd, ny, ldn - then again it's an easy ice-breaker "so what county...." as we do the J walk. // A genetic disposition towards general rebellion perhaps? No real bad ting'.

+VW golfs - everyone loves em, just look like boxes to me from my sleek GT.
    +Audi's - reliable, but very 'very' boring, ~ except the tt maybe.
    +Larger/Beer (any) - only Guinness is the true Saviour for thirst and health.
    +Chinese food - m.s.g. enough said.
    +Cheese slices - these don't technically contain cheese.

Pringles - tasty yes, but these don't technically contain potato 'as the substantial main ingredient', instead 'allegedly' it's a slurry of rice, wheat, corn, and maybe some potato flakes that are pressed into dough-like substance, then rolled out into an ultra-thin sheet cut into chip-cookies by a machine, ...all to 'allegedly' all to save on potato taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who let their children run up to my dog in the park without a notion how to actually approach the animal. The dog just sees this little monster running towards it, all legs and arms and shouting and squealing up in it's face. Poor thing is terrified. Some parents add insult to injury by shouting things like, "ah look at the bow-wow...there's a nice bow-wow!" - fuuck right off would you, it's a dog not a toy that you can allow your child to maul. In our local park one day, I actually held my dog up in the air and shouted to the owner of the child, "can you call your child off please?!" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who let their children run up to my dog in the park without a notion how to actually approach the animal. The dog just sees this little monster running towards it, all legs and arms and shouting and squealing up in it's face. Poor thing is terrified. Some parents add insult to injury by shouting things like, "ah look at the bow-wow...there's a nice bow-wow!" - fuuck right off would you, it's a dog not a toy that you can allow your child to maul. In our local park one day, I actually held my dog up in the air and shouted to the owner of the child, "can you call your child off please?!" lol

I take it that you don't own a great dane! Unless you turn into hulk when you get really ticked off!

A girl of about 9 just walked straight into my garage one day to pet the dog. She
    was (I assume) an adopted chinese kid and very obnoxious to boot. She picked up
    a stick and was doing dummy throws and was cackling as the dog went running after
    fresh air. What really boiled my piss was that she was calling the dog stupid.
    I duly took the stick off her and send her packing. Little bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

The fact that this thread has been merged is pissing me off this morning.

gramar wrote: »
    I take it that you don't own a great dane! Unless you turn into hulk when you get really ticked off!

hahaha no, a terrier - but that makes it even worse because people see a small dog and think it's really cuddly and cute when in fact, a great dane would probably have a more child friendly temperament :P:P

The fact that this thread has been merged is pissing me off this morning.

There was me thinking we had achieved 500 pages of trivial annoyances :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

OldNotWIse wrote: »

As a parent who is trying to teach my kids to leave dogs alone for this very reason, I fûcking can't stand it when other parents let their kids do this, therefore suggesting to mine that I'm wrong. Why can't everybody be like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Large groups of cyclists on narrow roads. Who refuse to move over.
    The same cyclists getting coffee in my local cafe, clacking around the place in their stupid clip shoes.
    Dog 5hit on the ground. And dogs in general.
    Taxi drivers randomly stopping and putting on their hazard lights - can't you use your indicators?
    People who give out about social media ("sure why would want the whole world to see your life?" - its not all about that).
    Perfectly able-bodied people who use the lift to go up one floor.
    Skangers crossing the road in busy traffic on Amiens Street.
    Men who say they "need a pass" to go out for a night with their mates.
    People who think men in pink shirts are gay.
    Men who expect you to know what's going on in football / GAA. Talk to them about Formula 1 though, and they seize up. Or say "its just cars going round and round a track". Hmmm, well football is just "a load of men running around after a ball".
    Women who think all men can't cook / do laundry / clean themselves / buy their own clothes.
    Men who let them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

WTF IS GOING ON????

No work done yet as I just spent 15 mins reading all this ****e!!

• Advertisement

Large groups of cyclists on narrow roads. Who refuse to move over. Agree, they're ****
    The same cyclists getting coffee in my local cafe, clacking around the place in their stupid clip shoes. Don't know. never experienced it.
    Dog 5hit on the ground. Agree And dogs in general. I disagree.
    Taxi drivers randomly stopping and putting on their hazard lights - can't you use your indicators? It boils my piss. I agree.
    People who give out about social media ("sure why would want the whole world to see your life?" - its not all about that). I disagree. Social Media is rubbish.
    Perfectly able-bodied people who use the lift to go up one floor. I Agree. It's embarrassing to see people do this.
    Skangers crossing the road in busy traffic on Amiens Street. No comment..I've never been in Amiens St.
    Men who say they "need a pass" to go out for a night with their mates. I agree.
    People who think men in pink shirts are gay. I disagree. They are.
    Men who expect you to know what's going on in football / GAA. Talk to them about Formula 1 though, and they seize up. Or say "its just cars going round and round a track". Hmmm, well football is just "a load of men running around after a ball". Formula 1 is cars going round and round a track.
    Women who think all men can't cook / do laundry / clean themselves / buy their own clothes. I agree. I'm house trained.
    Men who let them. Has a man ever successfully changed a womans mind?

That's what I think anyway!

People that don't smack kids...any kids, even well behaved kids
    People who clean up their dogs **** on the beach
    People who wont let dogs off leash in the park

people who repeat annoying trivial ****e that's is already posted two pages back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

gramar wrote: »
    That's what I think anyway!

And you felt the need to tell me this why?

Invincible wrote: »
    Immigrants who try to jump the queue in the supermarkets.

So anyone else jumping a queue is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    So anyone else jumping a queue is ok?

And that's not even the worst thing that was posted in the last couple of pages.....

As a parent who is trying to teach my kids to leave dogs alone for this very reason, I fûcking can't stand it when other parents let their kids do this, therefore suggesting to mine that I'm wrong. Why can't everybody be like me?

I've met some parents who are great in this regard too. They'll actually come up to me and say, "he loves dogs, would it be ok for him to pet her?" and at least that way the whole situation is controlled and I can instruct the dog to remain calm while the child approaches and pets her. It's not the kids' fault - I was guilty of the very same thing even as a toddler, if I saw a dog I was over to it like a light! :D And it is lovely to see kids that are into animals, but its not fair on kid or dog to allow that kind of behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Women who think all men can't cook / do laundry / clean themselves / buy their own clothes.

My boyfriend cooked for the 2nd time last week, he set the kitchen on fire.
    He gets his clothes washed in a laundrette.
    His mam buys all his clothes.
    I met him last week, 8 hours after eating lasagne he still had it all over his face.

He's 31 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

:eek: Rude!! Who pissed in your cheerios? I'm assuming it's because it's a discussion forum....to discuss opinions on things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'm not a motorist but I imagine this is a common one among ye, people pressing the buttons at traffic lights who are just walking by and don't want to cross. Why? :confused:

• Advertisement

To annoy you of course!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement