Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some translation for my thesis

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Attachment not found.

Please if anyone can translate anything from the above text that would be great. Google translate isn't doing a good enough job... Especially the underlined ones please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I don't think that link works......

tumblr_mjawd26FN81rlds14o1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

It's ok... Tumblr already came to my rescue....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

So just the underlined ones?

Die Bluthunde = The boodhounds

'Der grosse Taeuscher' = The great deceiver

'Die Geissel Gottes' = The divine plague (literally 'whip of God', but I would go for 'divine plague' in this context)

'Das Lumpenpack' = The sc**bags, or The Kna**ers ('Lump' in traditional German is someone, who dresses in rags and is a petty thief)

'Die Koeterrasse' = The straydogs (It can refer to a homeless person in the given context)

'Die Volksvergifter' = Those who poison the people's mind (with words, not with poison as such)

'Die Voelkerschmarotzer' = Human parasites, who live on other's (decent people's) costs

'Die Voelkerpest' = Those who spread diseases to kill other people (not only the Black Death/'Pest', more in a general sense

Advertisement