Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

For anybody who still has to get a Police Certificate from the Garda here is the application form and the letter to prove it is for the purpose of a visa for Canada. All you need then is your Passport and Birth Certificate.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Hope thses help someone to get sorted :)

Ok on another thing were all going to need to know, Anybody know what Canadian Bank would be best to join for people like us on our adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kraven

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get a police certificate even though I have not lived in Ireland?

I have dual passports as my parents are Irish but grew up in England. So I wouldn't be able to put down an Irish address. I would prefer to go on the Irish IEC as you have two years where England only has 1 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

kraven wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get a police certificate even though I have not lived in Ireland?

I have dual passports as my parents are Irish but grew up in England. So I wouldn't be able to put down an Irish address. I would prefer to go on the Irish IEC as you have two years where England only has 1 at a time.

im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to get one because of not have ever lived here !because you cant apply to a district that you have never lived in to get one !

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Come on people, use Google. If you Google IEC Ireland, most of the questions asked here about Police Certs and Resumes are answered on that site, not to mention the fact they've been answered on the previous pages of this very thread. Every day someone new comes into these threads asking a question that's already been answered to death.

Don't mean to be a grump, but surely people need to start doing a bit of research themselves, before clogging up threads with questions that are easily answered with a quick google or scroll thru previous pages, or the 'search' option on this forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

For anybody who still has to get a Police Certificate from the Garda here is the application form and the letter to prove it is for the purpose of a visa for Canada. All you need then is your Passport and Birth Certificate.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Hope thses help someone to get sorted :)

Ok on another thing were all going to need to know, Anybody know what Canadian Bank would be best to join for people like us on our adventure.

hi just wonder when they look for the garda cert do we scan and upload it like we do with passport??

about the best bank to go with ... it seems to be RBC

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

stevief01 wrote: »
    hi just wonder when they look for the garda cert do we scan and upload it like we do with passport??

about the best bank to go with ... it seems to be RBC

The two forms i uploaded are what you hand to the Garda when you go in and ask them for a police certificate. It says on Garda website to write to the Superintendent but i walked in with my paperwork and Garda told me my cert would be sent to me. Cheers for bank info il take a closer look at opening an account with them.

The two forms i uploaded are what you hand to the Garda when you go in and ask them for a police certificate. It says on Garda website to write to the Superintendent but i walked in with my paperwork and Garda told me my cert would be sent to me. Cheers for bank info il take a closer look at opening an account with them.

didnt even need that second page for my cert and yeah as i said previously i got my cert back in 18 hours it just depends were you are it seems !

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi,

Just seen on the Canadian police check that you need clearance in every country you've lived for more than 6 months from age 18. Is this correct? How would one go about getting foreign police clearance if they no longer live in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

FYI,

I have a bot checking the main page of the IEC Ireland website and it says that the page changed this morning at 9am. Basically the text at the top of the page has changed from:

"Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada
    for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada"

to

"International Experience Canada for citizens of Ireland - Travel and Work
    in Canada"

(at least that's what I think the report is telling me!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

At what stage do I need a Garda certificate?

On the IEC website it just says passport and resume are the required documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Liam90 wrote: »
    At what stage do I need a Garda certificate?

On the IEC website it just says passport and resume are the required documents?

You need the garda cert for stage 2 (MyCIC). After you've gotten your Letter of Conditional Acceptance from stage 1 (Kompass), you've 6 months then to complete stage 2. If you're looking to get over to Canada asap though, it's best to have all your stage 2 docs scanned and ready to upload as they review them on a first come first served basis.

Here's some good info on the two stages: http://www.moving2canada.com/planning/iec-canada-visa/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

I see I/CAN on facebook are saying there is a chance it will be Jan for Ire. Hopefully not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

ICIC?

I just checked their FB page, it's true, they're saying January.

Reading into the message on the embassy page, it seamed that it would be past December for sure...well for all of us that got an early jump on the paperwork, we can have a calm Christmas...:rolleyes:

"Hi Gang: there is a chance we are looking at January for the Irish IEC and December for the UK one. I will keep you posted with each new update."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

From Facebook:

"Hi Gang: there is a chance we are looking at January for the Irish IEC and December for the UK one. I will keep you posted with each new update."

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

ICIC?

I just checked their FB page, it's true, they're saying January.

Reading into the message on the embassy page, it seamed that it would be past December for sure...well for all of us that got an early jump on the paperwork, we can have a calm Christmas...:rolleyes:

Hey NewsMeQuick!What facebook page is this on?

December for the UK one? What?? That's baffling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

EI-DOR wrote: »
    December for the UK one? What?? That's baffling me!

I don't think there's any point in paying attention to those "updates". It only gives people false hope and is frustrating as f*** when they're proved unfounded!!

I don't think there's any point in paying attention to those "updates". It only gives people false hope and is frustrating as f*** when they're proved unfounded!!
    Sware to god mate. Head is f****n fried. Who updates these dam fb pages!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Karbolt wrote: »

The Irish Canadian Immigration Centre is by far the most reliable source for IEC info, I'd pay very close attention to their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Lived in Canada for 6 months in 2012. Originally went over for just the three months for a summer break but loved it and stayed an extra three. Ran out of money cos I wasn't prepared to stay that long so had to come home. Missed it ever since. So anxious for the visa application to open up now, really wanna get back over there. Just saying hello to everyone and cheers for all the great information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Kersmash wrote: »
    Lived in Canada for 6 months in 2012. Originally went over for just the three months for a summer break but loved it and stayed an extra three. Ran out of money cos I wasn't prepared to stay that long so had to come home. Missed it ever since. So anxious for the visa application to open up now, really wanna get back over there. Just saying hello to everyone and cheers for all the great information.

Hey! Just wondering were you out there on any visa at all or just visiting? I was hoping to visit my partner until the visas come out and either return home here and then head back to canada with the visa or if it was possible to stay without having to return? Can I ask how you were able to stay 3 months extra than intended?

Cheers!

So according to icans Facebook the uks Iec is opening the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

So according to icans Facebook the uks Iec is opening the 12th

It is i just checked their page

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

dcoyle277 wrote: »

Hopefully the Irish one is opens soon . And doesnt go into January

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Hey! Just wondering were you out there on any visa at all or just visiting? I was hoping to visit my partner until the visas come out and either return home here and then head back to canada with the visa or if it was possible to stay without having to return? Can I ask how you were able to stay 3 months extra than intended?

Cheers!

I was out there on the IEC program in 2012. When we went over we had only gotten conditional acceptance and were waiting on letters of introduction. The border control lads let us in on visitor passes and once we got our letters of introduction we had to go to Niagra, hop into the usa for a minute and then come back through canadian border control. I think it's called Flagpoling. It's cos you can't activate a visa when you're currently in the country.

The visa was for a year but it was just a summer J1 type thing I went for intended to be three months. Around August I decided I wanted to stay on. I would have seen out the whole visa but because I had only intended to stay for three months, I wasn't exactly prepared, and money and housing caused a lot of grief.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

Hopefully the Irish one is opens soon . And doesnt go into January

it looks like january now

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Canadian-Immigration-Centre/154674707978462?hc_location=timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Why the hell is it January "now"? I don't see why they would have changed it? Surely they just pick a date and stick to it I can't think of any reason why they would keep chopping and changing

• Advertisement

Why the hell is it January "now"? I don't see why they would have changed it? Surely they just pick a date and stick to it I can't think of any reason why they would keep chopping and changing

Just the way it is. Bit more waiting for us either way!

Advertisement