Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on self Monitoring

Options
  • 09-04-2013 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I Have a Eircom Phonewatch Monitored Alarm Which is coming up for renewal. It costs €300 a year to monitor. I would like to see if I can set it up to self- monitor. It used to be monitored through a Eircom land line but now it has a separate box with a Meteor Sim card. I am tech savy so I reckon I could have a good go at doing it my self. I have taken a few photos for you guys to check out. Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Thanks for any advise.

P.S. I have a land line through a triple pack (Phone, Broadband, T.V.) with UPC if that's any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

joeter wrote: »
    I Have a Eircom Phonewatch Monitored Alarm Which is coming up for renewal. It costs €300 a year to monitor. I would like to see if I can set it up to self- monitor. It used to be monitored through a Eircom land line but now it has a separate box with a Meteor Sim card. I am tech savy so I reckon I could have a good go at doing it my self. I have taken a few photos for you guys to check out. Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Thanks for any advise.

P.S. I have a land line through a triple pack (Phone, Broadband, T.V.) with UPC if that's any help.

The landline or the GSM will work to self monitor the alarm.
    The system depending on when installed does have a dialer that when triggered omits a series of alarm tones. It will only ring one number.
    What I would suggest if you want the alarm to ring more than 1 number is to add a voice dialer to the system.

This is one that will work. It can be triggered off the outputs off the alarm system.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joeter

Thanks for that.
    I read the install manual on the Voice dialler you suggested and looks easy enough to install so I will probably get one. I would like to keep using GSM also because UPC sometimes goes offline. Will I need to install a new sim card in alarm back up unit. If so can I get one from Meteor and not sure about how to programme it to my Moblie no. Etc. I do have control panel manual.

P.S. System control panel was installed in March 2003. GSM alarm back up unit installed in March 2008

Thanks for that.
    I read the install manual on the Voice dialler you suggested and looks easy enough to install so I will probably get one. I would like to keep using GSM also because UPC sometimes goes offline. Will I need to install a new sim card in alarm back up unit. If so can I get one from Meteor and not sure about how to programme it to my Moblie no. Etc. I do have control panel manual.

P.S. System control panel was installed in March 2003. GSM alarm back up unit installed in March 2008

I would add the voice dialer rather than use the one built in.
    Meteor sim will work, you will need to top it up €5 every 5 months to keep it active. Make sure the sim lock is off, power down the unit mains ans and battery before replacing. I would also register the sim on line so you can check the credit plus top it up as needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joeter

Ok will do. Great advise. much appreciated.

Thanks again

Ok will do. Great advise. much appreciated.

Thanks again

Your welcome, always happy to help..

• Advertisement
Advertisement