Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

These need posting again apparently.

1366561968043.gif
    SUAREZ-BITE.gif

Ivanovic's hand is open. He pushes Suarez away and not with enough force to put him on the floor.

So he raised his hand, therefore against the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Harmless??!! Biting somebody is one of the most vile, disgusting and sickening acts of violence one could do to another. How some people here are defending Suarez or playing down with he did as "harmless" is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The start of the match left a lump in my throat. Listening to the passionate fans singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone', looking at all the banners remembering a great history of a great club. Liverpool fans are some of the best and passionate in the world and as a Man U fan I would much prefer to see them challenging for the Premier League than Man City or Chelsea. I do think that Suarez has let the club down though. Great players like Rush, Dalglish, even Torres always had class along with great ability and were people you could admire. Suarez is not cut from the same cloth. I would put him in the same bracket as the Bartons, Ben Thatchers, John Terrys, Dioufs of this world. It is a shame though as the man has great talent. If only he could control the other side of his personality.

I think we all support our own teams with rose tinted glasses, quick as you are to tell us what we should do with our players, look at some of your own, Roy Keane tried to and achieved finishing a players career, Wayne Rooney is always one step away from trouble, and I would also state that tackles from them two would have been and have been way worse than anything Suarez has ever done. We have had our own as well, and you could argue that some of Gerrards early career was borderline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Why is a nip on the arm so bad? I can't see the big deal with it myself. You see head butts and punches in games, bad tackles with no intention of winnig the ball and yet people are happy with yellow cards or at worst 3 match bans. Yet a pretty harmless nip through the jersey of another player that's never going to get close to injuring the opponent is treated like this. I just can't see why.

I really hope it's in the refs report I will laugh so much if the media fail to achieve their target of getting him banned.

He's getting banned , 7 game ban for his first offense doing it, has to be at least 12 or 14 for this , hopefully will sit out this first month or 2 of the German league next season

FutureGuy wrote: »
    wow.

Very informative post.

I know I'd rather get a little bite in the arm than a head butt in the face or studs in my shin. Don't know about you.

This is over reaction at its finest, fueled by sky who should have shown one replay and got on with analysing the game not stirring sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He should get a lifetime ban from football. Absolutely disgusting behavior from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kirby wrote: »
    You don't see why? So your logic is, because nobody is "hurt" by a bite.....its not a big deal? Nobody is injured?

Sure it's just a bit of saliva. Where's the harm? It's just a spit. A bad tackle is much worse.

Sure it's only words. "F*g" or "homo" can't hurt me. I can just ignore it. "N*gger" is just a word. I'm just glad that he didn't tackle me.

You can apply your sort of logic to anything. No, Ivanovic isn't hurt. But is that the point? It was a nasty thing to do and it has no place in the game. "Nobody was hurt" is an awful argument to have.

Edit: I see Campo beat me to the punch.

I wish people would stop calling me campo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I think we all support our own teams with rose tinted glasses, quick as you are to tell us what we should do with our players, look at some of your own, Roy Keane tried to and achieved finishing a players career, Wayne Rooney is always one step away from trouble, and I would also state that tackles from them two would have been and have been way worse than anything Suarez has ever done. We have had our own as well, and you could argue that some of Gerrards early career was borderline.
    No he didn't.

He should get a lifetime ban from football. Absolutely disgusting behavior from him.

and jailed obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Didn't punch him.

Yeah, it's amazing, like there is some sort of scale of how serious each incident is. Like when Cantona was banned for 8 months for kicking a fan. Or when Ben Thatcher was banned for 9 games for sparking Mendes out with an elbow. Sure twas only violent conduct. 3 games each, I reckon.

Did you actually read my post. See that word I put in capitals..'IF'??

As to the 2nd part, I'm asking under what rule Suarez can (or will) get more than 3 games? Thatcher was very unusual in that the FA stepped outside their own rules, and as far as I know havent since. Cantona happened off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

250391.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Harmless??!! Biting somebody is one of the most vile, disgusting and sickening acts of violence one could do to another.

Are you posting in character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Why is a nip on the arm so bad? I can't see the big deal with it myself. You see head butts and punches in games, bad tackles with no intention of winnig the ball and yet people are happy with yellow cards or at worst 3 match bans. Yet a pretty harmless nip through the jersey of another player thans never going to get close to injuring the opponent is treated like this. I just can't see why.

It's about this nonsensical "honour" culture at the heart of british football.
    Arbitrary decisions about how some actions are vilified and some have a blind eye turned to them.

Perfect example is Souness, a man who made Roy Keane look like a ballet dancer with some of his scumbaggery, having the gumption to call Suarez out on it.

To be clear, Suarez acted like a **** and he should get a ban. How much? I think 3-5 games would be fair. I think he should apologise and if he wasn't going to then he should be forced to.
    He's said before that he goes a bit mental at times and needs to reign it in. Maybe he can't.

So long as he's not hurting people he should be treated like anyone else who has disciplinary problems - get banned when he transgresses.

I'm not annoyed with the assertion that Suarez deserves to be punished - he clearly does. I'm not annoyed that Suarez is being critisised - he totally deserves to be.

I'm pissed off with the hyperbole, the myopia and the utter lack of perspective being shown by quite a few posters here, not to mention the tribalism that's gleefully driving it forward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dcully wrote: »
    Okay the next time ill stop to think about your facebook page before posting :rolleyes:

Well if it stops you getting all angry, then work away. Suarez, as a person, is indefensible. He has plenty of history.

I have already read from 2 Liverpool fans that Ivan should have also been sent off and that biting isn't all that bad. Fair play to the rest of the Liverpool fans who calling it as they see it.

I'm going to catch up in the morning. I can't wait to check out YLYL tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I'd need to see it again tbh, as i only had the game on in the background on a shítty stream

but if Ivanovic pushed him away first (self defence) then threw him to the ground in another movement, then would it not be seen as a reaction/raising hand/whatever you want to call it

like if someone was biting you, you get away with punching them once as self defence but if you started beating the head off them, you'd get charged too

now obviously Ivanovic didn't beat the head off him, but did he react after the self defence? If so, that poster has a point

though like i said, i'd didn't have the best video of it

seen better quality vid's in post #845

it's the one movement, so that poster doesn't have a point as it's self defence

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's a scummy thing to do. Sure why get worked up if someone spits in your face??
    Sure a drop of saliva wouldn't hurt ya.
    Some people.... :rolleyes:
    Kirby wrote: »
    You don't see why? So your logic is, because nobody is "hurt" by a bite.....its not a big deal? Nobody is injured?

Sure it's just a bit of saliva. Where's the harm? It's just a spit. A bad tackle is much worse.

Sure it's only words. "F*g" or "homo" can't hurt me. I can just ignore it. "N*gger" is just a word. I'm just glad that he didn't tackle me.

You can apply your sort of logic to anything. No, Ivanovic isn't hurt. But is that the point? It was a nasty thing to do and it has no place in the game. "Nobody was hurt" is an awful argument to have.

Edit: I see Campo beat me to the punch.

Ye are not well lads. Total and utter over reaction. Fair enough give him a 3 match ban though personally I see it as a nothing incident.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    and jailed obviously

Murdered.

Fired into the sun while we're at it.

Well if it stops you getting all angry, then work away. Suarez, as a person, is indefensible. He has plenty of history.

I have already read from 2 Liverpool fans that Ivan should have also been sent off and that biting isn't all that bad. Fair play to the rest of the Liverpool fans who calling it as they see it.

Stay off those Facebook pages. Not good for the health, full of freaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

peteeeed wrote: »
    He's getting banned , 7 game ban for his first offense doing it, has to be at least 12 or 14 for this , hopefully will sit out this first month or 2 of the German league next season

His first ban was in the Netherlands and didn't affect his Premier League appearances. The FA, being a separate organisation, will hand out a totally separate ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Thought the ref had a shocker of a game, Torres & Sturridge could both have gone, Suarez should of definitely being sent off and where did the 6 mins added time come from ?

Chelsea seem to be getting hard done by refs a lot but in fairness it was their own fault that they didn't get the 3 points today, sat back for the whole 2nd half and let Liverpool just attack, sooner the better this season is over, Please bring Jose back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's bad already!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not angry mate, just think its funny you think i should checkout your facebook page before posting ;)
    Ive said countless times nobody can defend him this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Benimar wrote: »
    Did you actually read my post. See that word I put in capitals..'IF'??

As to the 2nd part, I'm asking under what rule Suarez can (or will) get more than 3 games? Thatcher was very unusual in that the FA stepped outside their own rules, and as far as I know havent since. Cantona happened off the pitch.

Okay, so it's why I've clarified what actually happened for you.

What law did Cantona's incident fall under?

Loads of examples where the FA step outside their boundaries for major issues, particularly those that are highlighted to them. For a recent example, Joey Barton got a monster ban for fighting at the end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He's even got a new song.

BIZRJoBCEAQlDAh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Some grade A trolling going on in this thread, impressive stuff.

Very informative post.

I know I'd rather get a little bite in the arm than a head butt in the face or studs in my shin. Don't know about you.

This is over reaction at its finest, fueled by sky who should have shown one replay and got on with analysing the game not stirring sh1t.

Haven't seen any Sky coverage yet thanks. Was driving when the game was on. I'm using my own actual opinion when commenting.

Will probably be the last game for Liverpool either way.

Whats YLYL?

Harmless??!! Biting somebody is one of the most vile, disgusting and sickening acts of violence one could do to another. How some people here are defending Suarez or playing down with he did as "harmless" is ridiculous.

:pac::pac::pac:

Hardly Vlad the Impaler stuff though is it? or Molestation

bit of an overreaction

zerks wrote: »
    He's even got a new song.

BIZRJoBCEAQlDAh.jpg

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Why is a nip on the arm so bad? I can't see the big deal with it myself. You see head butts and punches in games, bad tackles with no intention of winnig the ball and yet people are happy with yellow cards or at worst 3 match bans. Yet a pretty harmless nip through the jersey of another player that's never going to get close to injuring the opponent is treated like this. I just can't see why.

I really hope it's in the refs report I will laugh so much if the media fail to achieve their target of getting him banned.

Really? What sort of example does that set to kids? If P.E. isn't going too well bite the kid that keeps running rings around you. Fcuk it bite the teacher if it comes to it.

Actually fcuk that, sure bite your boss in work if he's overloading ya with work.

It's only a nip after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

These need posting again apparently.

Ivanovic's hand is open. He pushes Suarez away and not with enough force to put him on the floor.
    Clearly from them Suarez is fouling Ivanovic and he is trying to free himself.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

Hardly Vlad the Impaler stuff though is it? or Molestation

bit of an overreaction

Not really an overreaction. if it had happened on a street, he would be jailed for it

I have been a massive proponent of Suarez this year. He has been playing some frightening football, a genuine contender for player of the year and I think he was deserving of it. He has thrown all that out the window which is a shame. He was a cert for the Golden Boot but, again, that could be out the window too.

Really? What sort of example does that set to kids? If P.E. isn't going too well bite the kid that keeps running rings around you. Fcuk it bite the teacher if it comes to it.

Actually fcuk that, sure bite your boss in work if he's overloading ya with work.

It's hardly setting an example given that he's being denounced from all corners.:confused:

It's pretty clear what example is being set already:
    "Bite someone and everyone will call you a ****".

Not really an overreaction. if it had happened on a street, he would be jailed for it

I envy your sheltered upbringing.

This ****e is really deteriorating. Tell me, was John Terry setting an example when he called anton ferdinand a ***** ****, or when he was shagging his team mates wife, or Giggs when he was doing the same, (shagging someones wife that is) or when rooney was riding grannies, he was hardly explaining to children how to respect your elders, was he? or Keane, when he tried to end a fellow professionals career.

Get a grip people, there are plenty of worse things than footballers like Suarez, Terry, Rooney, Giggs and Keane acting the ****.

I take it this means that Luis has just lost his opportunity to win Player of the year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If someone put their arms round a person on the street and flung them to the ground as if they're defending a corner, they could be jailed. What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I assume you aren't including my comment in that??

Gbear wrote: »
    I envy your sheltered upbringing.

Relative to somebody living in Mogadishu? If you bit someone on the street in Ireland or England you would end up in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

I was listening to the phone in after the match on BBC 5 Live, they had some Liverpool fans defending Suarez, saying he's a passionate South American and this is being blown out of proportion, couldn't help but laugh tbh.

The guy has form, not just in biting (as if that wasn't bad enough) but in his general behavior as a "professional". He's a disgusting piece of work, and what really baffles me is that he is an incredible footballer... this is all so unnecessary. Hope he gets a lengthy ban.

when rooney was riding grannies, he was hardly explaining to children how to respect your elders,

I'd argue that Rooney was a great example to kids about how to respect his elders. He respected the **** out of them.

saying this
    Biting somebody is one of the most vile, disgusting and sickening acts of violence one could do to another

is an overreaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sky sports saying Suarez is going to issue an apology tonight

Relative to somebody living in Mogadishu? If you bit someone on the street in Ireland or England you would end up in court.

Unless you took a chunk out of them you really wouldn't.

If courts had to deal with **** this trivial there wouldn't be time for anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

darced wrote: »
    It amaze's me how supposedly adult men or women can be so offended by something so harmless,have none of you been at a nightclub before or a GAA match?

Isn't there a thread in the GAA forum about an alleged bite on McBrearty of Donegal??
    Pretty much the same story there in how people are offended by it...

Don't see why you're referencing that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight with it so fresh in your mind :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Attachment not found.

DANGER- TROLLS everywhere - DANGER DANGER.

monkey9 wrote: »
    If someone put their arms round a person on the street and flung them to the ground as if they're defending a corner, they could be jailed. What's your point?

ya because flinging somebody to the ground is the same as biting a person :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just don't get how, when Jermaine Defoe bites Javier Mascherano no-one cares but when Luis Suarez does it, there's calls for him to be banned from football.

Advertisement