Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 dogs stolen from Kennels in Kildare

• 27-05-2013 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi, am hoping you can all help, my friends dog was stolen last night 26th May along with a 2nd lurcher from boarding kennels . My friend is out of the country with no internet access so I am doing what I can to get Jodies details out in the hope she becomes too hot to handle.

jodiew.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can you please keep an eye out for her in the Kildare area just in case whoever has her does let her go or she escapes. The phone numbers on the poster are there with the owners permission and she is more than happy for them to be published if it means she can get Jodie home.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

That's terrible. What are the boarding kennel people saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

TillyGirl wrote: »
    That's terrible. What are the boarding kennel people saying?

There is some people gone down this evening to talk to them but from what we can gather so far. They locked up the kennels which are behind the house about 11 , the thieves then came through the back somehow and broke in. This is a very large boarding facility and they only took 2 lurchers. They left Jodies kennel mate behind who is not so clearly a lurcher. The guards are involved but there has been no progress so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

The other dog that was stolen was a rescue dog these are her details:

574718_10151586683069194_614716999_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There is some people gone down this evening to talk to them but from what we can gather so far. They locked up the kennels which are behind the house about 11 , the thieves then came through the back somehow and broke in. This is a very large boarding facility and they only took 2 lurchers. They left Jodies kennel mate behind who is not so clearly a lurcher. The guards are involved but there has been no progress so far.

I've seen this on facebook since this morning. Very scary stuff.

Not that I would be pointing fingers but as most people know there is a certain minority group that holds lurchers in high regard, far higher regard than some of the pure breeds left behind no doubt. I'm quite surprised the guards have no leads. I know where I would be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

This is shocking and such a cruel act to inflict on the owner and the dog.
    It does not take a wild guess what group has there hand in this,I suspect its the same minority that pisses all over our society,its laws and wants equal treatment.
    I really hope your friend gets the lurcher back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I've seen this all over Facebook. I go on hols on Saturday and it terrifies me that someone would do this. The owners must be distraught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

As with Belongtojazz, Jodie is my friends dog and my two have had so much fun playtime with her. It's made all the harder that her owner is abroad at the moment, so please share the picture on facebook as much as possible. And yes, one poster is right, lurchers draw a lot of attention from one group, I just hope that if the dogs can be made 'hot' through social media that they will abandon them somewhere they can be found. They were incredibly brazen thieves.

This girl was already stolen in a house burglary as a youngster and eventually ended up at the rescue where her current owner came across her.

Please share as widespread as possible.

Hi,
    I think your doing the right thing to get this out there in the public domain but if you really want to get it noticed and it pains me to say it Joe Duffy show reaches a huge audience and its right up his alley.
    I would get in touch with his researchers and broadcast this crime,its not isolated as I know a rescue out west that had several dogs taken last yr.

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I think your doing the right thing to get this out there in the public domain but if you really want to get it noticed and it pains me to say it Joe Duffy show reaches a huge audience and its right up his alley.
    I would get in touch with his researchers and broadcast this crime,its not isolated as I know a rescue out west that had several dogs taken last yr.

Great suggestion, I've sent in an email. Will follow up tomorrow.

Belongtojazz - you might pm me your email/tel no. I think I know who you are and have a number :-) but might be worth getting in touch tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

This is just so upsetting....I actually feel like I cant sleep after seeing this. The poor poor dogs and owners, its just terrible. I agree with hedgehog2 if the story could get aired -especially on Joe Duffy it could really help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Bloody hell, I just don't know how I'd cope if this happened to me and my dogs.
    The fact that both are spayed means there's a reasonable chance they'll be dumped, as they're almost worthless to those who stole them if they can't breed.
    This might take a while for them to discover of course, and by then the dogs could be dumped anywhere, so getting the word out far and wide is vital.
    Good to know they're both chipped too. This is probably already done, but if not, make sure the company their chips are registered to is informed so that they can red flag both chip numbers.
    Will keep an eye out for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

This sounds dogy to me.

They would need to know where to get them.?

I mean the exact place and not other dogs.

Dodd wrote: »
    This sounds dogy to me.

They would need to know where to get them.?

I mean the exact place and not other dogs.

I'm saying nothing too much publicly on that one but someone knew they were there. Doesn't strike me as the kind of place you just walk into especially as they left Jodie's mate there

Its really starting to get out of hand and as far as i know nothing is being done as its not classed as a serious crime despite the effect it is having on owners, who equate it to a kidnapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Its really starting to get out of hand and as far as i know nothing is being done as its not classed as a serious crime despite the effect it is having on owners, who equate it to a kidnapping.

Absolutely - there needs to be tough punishment brought in for stealing someones pet - the emotional effect on the owners is devastating. If any of my dogs got stolen I honestly do not know how I would cope - I know for sure I would never get over it - ever. An act of criminality which has the potential to devastate someones life surely should be punished accordingly.

I'm uploading a new photo with the two dogs on the same image. You might spread through facebook etc

Attachment not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

This is just so sad, I don't have dogs but I know if my cat was taken I would be absolutely devestated and out of my mind with worry. Imagine being on holidays and getting a call to tell you your dog had been stolen. Just awful :(

I've added the picture on FB and asked people to share. I really hope they both get home safely soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

How could this have happened? Didn't the dogs bark on being disturbed? What were the security precautions? Where is the kennel owner's home in relation to the kennels? I'm going away in early June and, seriously, this kind of thing gives me the willies as the pup will be in kennels for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

How could this have happened? Didn't the dogs bark on being disturbed? What were the security precautions? Where is the kennel owner's home in relation to the kennels? I'm going away in early June and, seriously, this kind of thing gives me the willies as the pup will be in kennels for the first time.

That's the very question I asked myself. Wouldn't all the dogs make a hell of a racket? And why wasn't it investigated if heard? I'm up if I hear anything unusual - ie 'stranger danger' barking as opposed to a dog whinging a bit if it's their first night here.

As it happens there is an add posted today .....4 year old lurcher for sale in Kildare... on donedeal.

It is worth checking out.

If a mod deletes the link just pm me for it.I will pm it to the op now

Mod: You know the rules Dodd, no linking to Donedeal ads.

• Advertisement

Convenient no photo with that advert and the way it is worded i would be very suspect of it and investigate further op.

Fair enough anniehoo but I though I might get away with it in this special case.

If anyone googles ...........4 year old lurcher for sale in Kildare... on donedeal.......then it should come near top of page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Thanks all, we'll get that checked out. Any leads, hints or tips to get her home would be really appreciated. We spoke to her owner tonight who is still away and can't get home for now and she is just devestated.

As was mentioned earlier by Carav10 this is the 2nd time Jodie has been stolen. She is a very distinctive and extremely pretty little girl.

I think you should also post that other picture you have of the dog and any you can find so it is easier to spot it.

Sorry that one.

Dodd wrote: »
    Fair enough anniehoo but I though I might get away with it in this special case.

If anyone googles ...........4 year old lurcher for sale in Kildare... on donedeal.......then it should come near top of page.

Thanks for trying Dodd ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

ireland am on tv3 worth a try 7am each week morning see would they give it a mention they seem to be animal friendly with rehoming/vets features each week

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

shared on facebook. It's every dog owners nightmare:(

Could people please share this link to help spread awareness? Thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/HelpGetJodieHome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I shared this and liked the page, asked others to do the same. It's an awful thing to happen, I hope the find them soon, also I would consider posting ads on certain websites that have dogs for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Done. Hope you get your pets back.

Advertisement