Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Boojum are far from great in my opinion. Adequate is the word I'd use to describe them. I couldn't care less how friendly the staff are, when their product is substandard. When I'm sitting down eating my burrito, I'm not thinking of how nice the staff are, but how ****ty my burrito is! :pac:

Hardly say their burrito are ****ty. I've not had one bad experience food related since I've frequented the place and they have always filled up the burrito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Very friendly staff in Boojum alright. Their burritos are fairly average, alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Have no foot in either camp but both myself and my missis have been to both establishments and were left underwhelmed by Boojum, so much so we both said we wouldn't be back. Portion was big to be fair, just a bit... bland

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kyanite

I had Boojums, so I'm back!
    Hilariously, I got a warning from one of your mods about saying "shut up" to nobody or everybody in general. Nice preschool you guys are runnin'.

Anyways, Mags said she's doing some other business idea and closing shop (I guess the crybabies get their safe space). So, I figured I better get used to Boojums and strolled down there. There were no lines, of course (I thought it was quaint watching irish people line up like a new cathedral was built).

The burrito I got from the cheerful, young lady was gigantic; way bigger than what Mags can afford to give out. However, the contents were unceremoniously piled in the middle. For instance, I asked for guacamole and it was ice cream-scooped into the center of the pile, the girl folded it up and there it stayed. So, mid-burrito, I had a solid mouthful of guacamole and no other ingredient (well, except tortilla, I guess).

The ingredients (individually) tasted normal to my refined, mexican pallete... with a couple exceptions:
    1. The chicken was pink in the center. Reeeeeal safe.
    2. A slight percentage of the pinto beans were hard (undercooked). Reeeeal gross.

I guess I have no choice for burritos, at this point. Boojums it is!

The limerick burrito wars are over, indeed. I hope this post wasn't "needlessly aggressive", mods. HahhAhh. My time here on the boards.ie... concluded.

Kyanite wrote: »
    Hilariously, I got a warning from one of your mods about saying "shut up" to nobody or everybody in general. Nice preschool you guys are runnin'.

Anyways, Mags said she's doing some other business idea and closing shop (I guess the crybabies get their safe space). So, I figured I better get used to Boojums and strolled down there. There were no lines, of course (I thought it was quaint watching irish people line up like a new cathedral was built).

The burrito I got from the cheerful, young lady was gigantic; way bigger than what Mags can afford to give out. However, the contents were unceremoniously piled in the middle. For instance, I asked for guacamole and it was ice cream-scooped into the center of the pile, the girl folded it up and there it stayed. So, mid-burrito, I had a solid mouthful of guacamole and no other ingredient (well, except tortilla, I guess).

The ingredients (individually) tasted normal to my refined, mexican pallete... with a couple exceptions:
    2. A slight percentage of the pinto beans were hard (undercooked). Reeeeal gross.

The limerick burrito wars are over, indeed. I hope this post wasn't "needlessly aggressive", mods. HahhAhh. My time here on the boards.ie... concluded.

Ok mags!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hmmmm....ok I'll call bull**** on the pink-centrerd chicken. Now where have I seen this writing style before :confused::confused::confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ian_jen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmmmm....ok I'll call bull**** on the pink-centrerd chicken. Now where have I seen this writing style before :confused::confused::confused:;)

Disagree... The chicken has a pink tint to it. I'm sure it's cooked fine but doesn't LOOK that way....

Badass is now on Uber Eats, handy, but not if, like me, you enjoy the chats with Mags

ian_jen wrote: »
    Disagree... The chicken has a pink tint to it. I'm sure it's cooked fine but doesn't LOOK that way....

Badass is now on Uber Eats, handy, but not if, like me, you enjoy the chats with Mags

Your first post in three years is to also make a claim that the chicken in Boojum is pink and to advertise the place is on Uber eats. Interesting.

Found kyanite post as very condescending, check their other posts. Clearly not as independent as they possibly want us to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    Found kyanite post as very condescending, check their other posts. Clearly not as independent as they possibly want us to believe.

Condescending? From the poster who replied 'Hi Mags' :rolleyes:

Is it possible that this poster has an alternative view to yours and thinks that one product is vastly superior to the other, I agree by the way.
    Hilarious how anything vaguely pro Badass or negative towards Boojum is shouted down here. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Condescending? From the poster who replied 'Hi Mags' :rolleyes:

Is it possible that this poster has an alternative view to yours and thinks that one product is vastly superior to the other, I agree by the way.
    Hilarious how anything vaguely pro Badass or negative towards Boojum is shouted down here. :p

Hmmm...
    Nice preschool you guys are runnin'.

Nope! McLove clearly had it right this time around.

Hmmm...

Nope! McLove clearly had it right this time around.

Kyanites dig was probably at the very overzealous modding on this forum.
    The idea that somebody would reply ‘hi Mags’ and then play the condescending card is hilarious though.
    As a mod yourself have you any opinion on that type of reply?

Boojum is yummy, Mags is a disgraceful human being and she can't make a burrito to save her life.

Boojum is yummy, Mags is a disgraceful human being and she can't make a burrito to save her life.

Did she finally do something to annoy you Swiper?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note: to all the wanna be mods, please continue and the day off will become a lot longer.
    As for sending PMs to me equating to the intelligence of a 5 year old, it will result in a full time holiday.
    Time to grow up now and post like mature people.
    The choice is yours.

Did she finally do something to annoy you Swiper?

No, but saying any different isn’t very well received around here,

Can I just put on record that I wasn’t the one who sent that PM to yop, on today’s evidence it might appear that I was

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No, but saying any different isn’t very well received around here,

Can I just put on record that I wasn’t the one who sent that PM to yop, on today’s evidence it might appear that I was

And the record will show your incorrect. Hence my post. Continue digging please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

yop wrote: »
    And the record will show your incorrect. Hence my post. Continue digging please.

Not that I'm a big fan of Swiper the fox, but you're not making yourself look great in here today. All of this could have been done by PM and the rest of us could have kept on talking about burritos.

Not that I'm a big fan of Swiper the fox, but you're not making yourself look great in here today. All of this could have been done by PM and the rest of us could have kept on talking about burritos.

It was. But just want to ensure the other posters who followed the same path understand also that back seat modding and then pming the mod isn't ideal.

The posts were reported to the mods, the actions are been carried out.

yop wrote: »

My God, the PM that I sent you 'equated to the intelligence of a 5 year old'????
    I just can't believe that it was an 'infraction', and I genuinely can't get over that somebody actually reported my post earlier, that's very strange. Why would anybody bother?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys, we wont tolerate any questioning of mod actions - if you have an issue with the mod action do not discuss it on thread. You can pm but keep it civil. If you have an issue with another posters posts, report the posts, do not attack the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The war is back on, let the senseless slaughter recommence!

Long live Burrito Wars!

Had a burrito bowl from Badass this evening. Can't beat Mags' pork and guac. 10/10

Had a burrito bowl from Boojum. Can’t beat their carnitas and beans. Very friendly too.

11/10

Had a burrito bowl from Boojum. Can’t beat their carnitas and beans. Very friendly too.

11/10

Boojum's carnitas is far too salty IMO, have to go with their (pink) chicken instead (9/10 for taste).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This thread is entertaining madness, I like it. Are they adding too much passion into the food do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lads....
    I see Boojum have taken a step towards Armageddon and deployed the Churro!!!
    FFS...
    Churros...
    I'm gonna be fat as fúck come resolution time :pac:

banie01 wrote: »
    Lads....
    I see Boojum have taken a step towards Armageddon and deployed the Churro!!!
    FFS...
    Churros...
    I'm gonna be fat as fúck come resolution time :pac:

The Burrito Doomsday clock is now set at 1 minute to midnight.

They had some cheesy sauce they were adding to the burrito last time i was in and it was fecking incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Burrito Doomsday clock is now set at 1 minute to midnight.

I suppose that's as good an excuse as any to stick on the Directors Cut of Watchmen!

Advertisement