Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us your Pumpkins!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I only got 2, and the plant is over 7' long

Second one looks a bit unwell, I previously posted on Growing a Marrow, thanks to those who correctly suggested it's a pumpkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Hi,
    I didn't get a single pumpkin! Did you guys pollinate the flowers yourselves or just leave it to the bees?
    I got plenty of flowers but no fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

DBIreland wrote: »
    Hi,
    I didn't get a single pumpkin! Did you guys pollinate the flowers yourselves or just leave it to the bees?
    I got plenty of flowers but no fruit.

In my case, the first fruit was pollinated by the bees, I posted in this Forum and discovered the fact that there are Male & Female Flowers, so I watched until a Female flower was blooming, and I pollinated it from a male, and was successful.

Since then, only male flowers, hence only 2 fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My youngest (5) just stuck the seeds in the soil and I watered.
    The sunny spell must have helped and I have seen bees flying around them, so good old bees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've brought mine in to ripen them indoors.
    IMG_0564.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement