Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help tracing a mare sold to Mary, living outside Gorey

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, my name is Sinead and I'm trying to track down a mare I had for over 10 years. She was sold to Maria in Limerick a few months ago. I was going to visit her this week but with deep regret was informed they she no longer had her. She swapped her for a pony to a lady called Mary, who lives outside Gorey,Wexford in September. They meet on donedeal.ie She didn't retain any of Mary's contact details. I wasn't aware she was selling her on or I would of bought her back.I'm desperate to find her just to know she is well and content. I never wanted to loose track of her. She is bay, 16h, 3/4 TB registered with Weatherbys (purple book) to T Cannon.
    If Mary or a friend recognizes any of this information, I would be every so grateful if you send me a PM.
    I await with great anticipation of good news.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Try Tesco ?

Oh and joking aside it's prudent to take down your phone number and email address from a public forum. Ask people to PM you if they can help

Go to your post, edit and scratch out those personal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SineadMB

Thanks for the advice and re Tesco :p you could have a point but if I don't ask I will never know..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did you try posting on donedeal?

I tried to post it under horses and ponies but donedeal rejected it twice. Apparently, I didn't meet the terms and conditions they suggested I post it here. I did manage to get it up on the equine noticeboard in donedeal through another account.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone know a Mary living outside Gorey that swapped her grey Connemara type pony from a woman in Limerick for a 16h 3/4 tb bay mare registered with a Weatherbys passport in September.

I'm a previous long-term owner.I would be very grateful if the new owners wouldn't mind letting me know how she was. Anymore with any information please pm me. Picture of mare attached. Thank you

Attachment not found.

Didn't you post about this before here ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If Mary doesn't want to found, she doesn't want to be found, please don't post looking for Mary again.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Yes, I tried to delete the old threads and post a new one as a last attempt! It appears to be annoying people and people are linking it to the old threads. Nether was my intentions...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

SineadMB. Its not annoying people that you are posting multiple threads on the same subject but its against the rules. Also you cant delete any threads you started. Only Moderators can move, edit or delete threads. I linked the 2nd thread you started yesterday to the 1st thread you started a few weeks ago. You have posted up the same topic on 2 different forums, Wexford and Equestrian. There is no need to make any new threads in either forum as people already have or will see your threads. Anyhow you should contact any the equestrian centers around Gorey because if any one knows a Mary involved in horses they would.

http://barnadownshowjumping.ie/?page_id=24

http://www.butterflyequitation.com/index.php/contact

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for all that information and for your courtesy. I had no idea re the rules, moderators etc.

SineadMB wrote: »
    Thanks very much for all that information and for your courtesy. I had no idea re the rules, moderators etc.

Here ya are SineadMB, worth while always reading the forum charter before posting as there are diffferent rules per forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173964

Hope you find your horse.

Hi Sinead, I have a lot of riding club friends from Wexford and Carlow, have posted to Facebook, on my own wall and my former riding club's group, one of them might know something. Hope they can help.

That is great, thank you very much.

Advertisement