Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help tracing a mare sold to Mary, living outside Gorey

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, my name is Sinead and I'm trying to track down a mare I had for over 10 years. She was sold to Maria in Limerick a few months ago. I was going to visit her this week but with deep regret was informed they she no longer had her. She swapped her for a pony to a lady called Mary, who lives outside Gorey,Wexford in September. They meet on donedeal.ie She didn't retain any of Mary's contact details. I wasn't aware she was selling her on or I would of bought her back.I'm desperate to find her just to know she is well and content. I never wanted to loose track of her. She is bay, 16h, 3/4 TB registered with Weatherbys (purple book) to T Cannon.
    If anybody can help please send me a PM.
    I await with great anticipation of good news.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Just a thought, as you have the name of the person in Wexford, if you can get details of the pony the person in Limerick got as a swap, you might be able to find Mary's original advert on Done deal. I had a quick look at ponies for sale in wexford and the oldest adverts is 72 days old, of course maybe you tried that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SineadMB

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your mail. I'm afraid I only have her first name, I did go through all those old adds with the Gorey, Wexford address. I rang must of them but no luck. I think the add must be deleted or I hate to think the woman in Limerick is fibbing!
    Thanks
    Sinéad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

does the mare have a show name - can you check SJI/Dressage Ireland/various event centres in Wexford area that would have mares name from their shows etc? Its a bit strange that the lady in Limerick swopped your horse with someone in September (few weeks ago), and didnt retain ANY details?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

That woman in Limerick is always dealing in horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

maybe try contact livery yards/schools or riding clubs in wexford? someone might know her. such a shame your mare was moved on so quickly, must be an awful feeling :( hope you get a positive result soon x

• Advertisement

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

I'm afraid she doesn't have a show name.

I've been in touch with some riding schools and horse dentists in the area and l've rang lots of Mary's from the phonebook in the area!
    I've advertised in the local papers, I think it might be a private person the deal was done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I would strongly advise you put a "information wanted" pic of the mare up on FB, and start the search there, ask people to share it. I was successful with this in the past.

PM if you want more info etc.

Thank you. I just reactivated my facebook account and have sent it out. Fingers crossed I am as lucky as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm just going to play Devil's advocate here for a moment. Don't be surprised if the new owner, if they see your ad and recognise your mare, is a little hesitant to get in touch with you. If it was me, I'd be very hesitant and wary if an 'old' owner wanted to track down their former horse.

That said, I really hope your search is successful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hi OP, I can think of one Mary near Arklow/Gorey that has a riding school. Not sure what it is called though. Put a request up on the Wicklow Hunt facebook page also check out the Irish Horse Breeders facebook page. Ill ask my husband tonight when he is home and PM you then.

• Advertisement

I can understand that, I thought of that also, I just want to know she is well and they are happy with her. If they were willing just to let me know that much I would be very grateful or if she wasn't suitable for them I would love the opportunity the buy her back.

Thanks

Thank you very much.

I'll do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

any luck in tracing your mare??

Anyone know a Mary living outside Gorey that swapped her grey Connemara type pony from a woman in Limerick for a 16h 3/4 tb bay mare registered with a Weatherbys passport in September.

I'm a previous long-term owner.I would be very grateful if the new owners wouldn't mind letting me know how she was. Anymore with any information please pm me. Picture of mare attached. Thank you

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

OP, I've merged your threads.

Mod

Advertisement