Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing in Prem Pro CS6, Optimum sequence and export settings

Options
  • 30-11-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

My Panasonic camcorder generates PAL, .mts files, 1920 x 1080p AVCHD, 50fps and bit rate 25mbs.
    Editing in Prem Pro CS6, I wish to set optimum sequence and export settings to preserve the quality off my source material.
    In CS6 export I cant find a setting with 50fps. Just 25fps or 29.97fps.
    Advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Where do you wish to deliver these files? If it's online on Youtube, or Vimeo; you have to deliver in at most 30 frames per second. A nice codec to use for online delivery is H.264 wrapped AVI files. If you use 15mbps rate you'll see next to no banding and relatively small file sizes which are nice for reducing upload time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

when creating your sequence go to File
    New
    Sequence
    on the dialog box select AVCHD
    select 1080p
    in the drop down list
    select AVCHD 1080p50
    click ok

another way to do it is;
    locate a clip that you have imported in the project window
    right click on the clip and choose
    New Sequence from Clip

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

Fionn, thanks as the right click worked however I dont appear to have AVCHD 1080p50 option in New Seq or Export:
    CS 6.01

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

mrtom wrote: »
    Fionn, thanks as the right click worked however I dont appear to have AVCHD 1080p50 option in New Seq or Export:
    CS 6.01

You've got 50i there click that one, then go to the settings tab and just change interlaced to progressive; then you'll have a 50p timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

You've got 50i there click that one, then go to the settings tab and just change interlaced to progressive; then you'll have a 50p timeline

This is in New Sequence, setting tab. No sign of interlaced to progressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hmmm..

this is what i got, i dont actually use AVCHD much any more Im using XDCAM these days, but anyway this is what i got when i looked

Attachment not found.

course you can also tick the box marked 'Match Sequence Settings' when exporting, which would ensure if it was brought in as 50 fps it would be exported the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

mrtom wrote: »
    This is in New Sequence, setting tab. No sign of interlaced to progressive.

It's already on progressive (i.e. no fields).

Advertisement