Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom E-fiber Router feeding my own routers

Options
  • 04-06-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have just ordered e-fiber and was told on the phone that my line maxed out on 100mb so I have went with the full works package, tv included for the first 6 months for free. However I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I was a UPC customer and had there cisco router upstairs in my bedroom. I had turned of the DHCP and WIFI on there router and had it feeding into my netgear dualbnd roouter, This is then hardwired into another Netgear Dualband router in my Kitchen.

One for uptairs and the other for downstairs, Both are broadcasting 2.4 and 5ghz on the same ssid so its flawless wifi in my whole house.

My question is can this be done with the router that will be provided? Has anyone done something similar? What are the routers that eircom provide like?

I dont want to bridge it as I heard there is problems when doing that, My main concern is I dont want to have to move everything, I have 2 nas boxes one upstairs and another downstairs.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can do the same thing with the F1000 as you did with the upc gear. Disable dhcp and set it to an ip that doesn't conflict woth the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

ED E wrote: »
    You can do the same thing with the F1000 as you did with the upc gear. Disable dhcp and set it to an ip that doesn't conflict woth the others.

Does this affect eircoms tv?

Advertisement