Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Max of 4mb due to "Non-LLU Number"

• 03-10-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I live in Dundalk and my current provider is Smart Telecom (Digiweb). They have been since I moved in about 7 years ago and my current speed is 4mb.
    When I contacted them last year about changing supplier, they told me that the fastest speed available on my line was 4mb as my number was a "Non-LLU Number".
    Now I live in the town centre where Fibre Broadband is available and my neighbours all have faster BB speed than me. I'm assuming that we are all connected to the same exchange.
    Can someone tell me what this Non-LLU number means and do I need to return to Eircom to actually get faster broadband? It is so frustrating when I go to other suppliers to check services available and they do not recognise my number as it is one of these "Non-LLU" numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Non LLU means you weren't connected to an exchange that could avail of up to 24MB (only up to 8MB) - now that you are town centre where Fibre is available (proven by your neighbours), ring up again and request a new prequal (if you kept the same number) and see what max speed is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I live in Dundalk and my current provider is Smart Telecom (Digiweb). They have been since I moved in about 7 years ago and my current speed is 4mb.
    When I contacted them last year about changing supplier, they told me that the fastest speed available on my line was 4mb as my number was a "Non-LLU Number".
    Now I live in the town centre where Fibre Broadband is available and my neighbours all have faster BB speed than me. I'm assuming that we are all connected to the same exchange.
    Can someone tell me what this Non-LLU number means and do I need to return to Eircom to actually get faster broadband? It is so frustrating when I go to other suppliers to check services available and they do not recognise my number as it is one of these "Non-LLU" numbers.

I'm interested in this also....i'm in the same situation.
    On smart telecom with max of 4/5mb and every time I call a new provider I get told that I wont get any better than my current speeds and that there are no plans to made fibre available to me despite my neighbors having fibre.....red barns road area....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Plug your numbers into this and see what your attainable speed comes up as
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92407725&postcount=22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ElNino wrote: »
    "There was a problem fetching the data, possible causes:

Invalid phone number, program error,

phone number can't get broadband, data offline."

That using the phone number supplied by Smart Telecom...

I don't that checker works with Smart Telecom numbers...I tried 3 numbers that i know are smart numbers and got the same error for all three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your line was handed off from Eircom Wholesale to Smart/BT so its totally out of eircoms systems now. You need to move to an eircom reseller(eircom vodafone, sky probably wont do it for ya) and then your line will move back to eircom kit and thus be eligible to use the fibre cabinets.

Note: LLU handovers are slow, you WILL have downtime even if they say you wont. Plan for this by having some mobile data on your phone or a Mifi unit to keep you going for 1-2wks just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

ElNino wrote: »

Wow, got a pathetic 2.93Mbps. It wouldn't work with my actual phone number but Smart gave me a different number (042-1000*** number) to use when testing line speeds last year when I renewed.
    Its bizarre how slow the speed is. I put in my parents number who live about 5 miles away outside the town and they were getting 47.7 Mbps!

I was talking with Eircom, Smart and UPC today and all three said there was nothing they could do. Guess i'm stuck with **buffering** for now.

Advertisement