Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to install phoneline

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 card123

Any update on this? Don't want to push issue as I want the right outcome but was assured a response by mid February. 

any good news for me on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

How in the name of God can eircom not get a phone line installed since November. This is madness. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

card123 wrote: »
    any good news for me on this?
    Hi card123

I know this has gone on too long now and I will do my very best to obtain as much information as I can for you today.

Thanks
    Al

Any update on this?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Anything on this?

have heard nothing on this since middle of January my last few posts seem so to have been ignored?

have heard nothing on this since middle of January my last few posts seem so to have been ignored?
    Hi card123

I fully understand the cause for concern the delays are creating and I am very sorry for this.

The latest update we can offer is that due to cabling issues eircom will need to install a "Fixed cellular service" for you basically meaning a standard copper phone line will not be physically possible to install to your home.

With a "Fixed cellular service" you will still be able to make and receive calls but broadband broadband cannot be supplied.

At present we do not have a timeframe for the installation of the Fixed cellular service however I will keep requesting this and update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Please look back to my post from 15th January??? . As I explained to you previously I only require Broadband and have no use for a line which is only capable of receiving or making calls ( this was made very clear from my initial order). Your last post makes no sense in this context to summarise

You called me back in January, I asked for the content of the phone call to be confirmed in writing. In the meantime i get a call from Eircom rep contradicting your call saying that my application for broadband is stlll active and I could expect an update mid February which is still awaited!!!

What is going on????????
    What exactly are the cabling issues??? The are houses on all sides  of me with fixed phone lines

Please look back to my post from 15th January??? . As I explained to you previously I only require Broadband and have no use for a line which is only capable of receiving or making calls ( this was made very clear from my initial order). Your last post makes no sense in this context to summarise

You called me back in January, I asked for the content of the phone call to be confirmed in writing. In the meantime i get a call from Eircom rep contradicting your call saying that my application for broadband is stlll active and I could expect an update mid February which is still awaited!!!

What is going on????????
    What exactly are the cabling issues??? The are houses on all sides  of me with fixed phone lines

I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news on this,

I am aware that you had been advised broadband would be available however upon further investigation a copper cable cannot be installed to your home and the only way eircom can provide you with a line is with a fixed cellular service (which cannot offer broadband).

I fully understand your disappointment here and I’m afraid we cannot offer you better news at this time.

Al

• Advertisement

It is beyond frustrating that my requests for updates have been ignored that I have wasted time waiting around Engineers who never appeared but please help some bit by answering my question as to why a fixed line cannot be provided??????

I believe it was Alan that I was dealing with primarily in this matter but in any event I am glad to report that I managed to get a fixed cable connection to my home! If I recall correctly a number of times you rang me and at the beginning of my application when I had a stayed at home a number of days from work waiting on a Engineer who never turned up, I was told that in light of this that when my account was up in running that a credit would be applied. As the line has not been installed can this credit be applied. 

Also I must do up post setting out this entire process and how it went from a situation of Eircom saying they couldn't install a fixed line but there now being a fixed line installed. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

All I can say is wow. Mostly because we are waiting on an engineer from Eircom today who didn't show up the last day (vodafone related but eircom engineer) so hoping it doesn't turn to this.

It is beyond frustrating that my requests for updates have been ignored that I have wasted time waiting around Engineers who never appeared but please help some bit by answering my question as to why a fixed line cannot be provided??????
    Hi card123

I am very happy to hear you have had a line installed. I had been previously informed that this was not possible and a fixed cellular access was (satellite line) required.

If you have an active account please PM me your eircom account number and I will investigate what credit is owed to you on reflection of the delays.

Many thanks for updating the thread

Al

Hi Alan,
    Awaiting reply to my pm from last week
    Rgds

Hi Alan,
    Rgds
    Apologies, I'll investigate this right away.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,
    Rgds
    Apologies, I'll investigate this right away.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi card123

I can see that the credit for delays has already been applied to your eircom account. This was for the amount of €51.56 which was applied to your account on the 18th of June.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your reported slow speeds, I have have looked in to this and I can see that the reason for this is ultimately down to the distance of your line to it's serving exchange. The further a line is from it's exchange the slower the speeds will be - all the way up to between 6 to 8Km cut off point. Having discussed this at lengths with our technical support team I have been advised that eircom will be unable to offer you improved speeds.

There are a few measures you can take yourself to ensure you are getting the most of your assigned speeds. Ensuring connection by Ethernet is used rather WiFi - I know that's not easy in consideration of tablets and smartphones etc but if you're working of a desktop, laptop or games console this is really the best option - WiFi can be affected by distance of the device from the modem and thickness of walls/insulation.

I understand the disappointment this can create and I'm sorry I can't do more.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement