Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public punctuation/spelling mistakes

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wrongly punctuated Dublin phone numbers is another one.

I'm talking about badly advertised numbers on the side of vans and lorries, for example . . .

'Mickey Finne publishing'
    Tel: 01 6 745 272

Another Dublin number might read,
    Tel: 012 784 8 73

And one more made up example,
    Tel: 01 28 06 535

Why people don't stick to the 01 Dublin 'phone book' format is beyond me.
    Dublin (01), Area code (3 digits), followed by the allocated (4) digits for a given line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One for the Dubliners: next time you're in Dundrum shopping centre, go to the Eason's on the top floor, and have a laugh at the Sokudo sign above the Sudoku magazines near the door. Just because it's a foreign word, doesn't mean you can just make it up as you go along. :pac:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

DBB wrote: »
    A hairdresser's shop in Duleek, Co. Meath... But maybe they meant it? :confused::o

Attachment not found.

Along the same lines, there was a billboard in Landsdowne Road dart station many moons ago advertising a printing and typesetting company, with the headline "Now Your on the Right Track" :o

I always thought the hairdresser was delibrate - they do a great job anyway :P

Advertisement