Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Ryan getting a bit of stick in the Sunday Times editorial today.

Attachment not found.

The big meanies. No kindness. Ryan had the thing after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The big meanies. No kindness. Ryan had the thing after all.

And dont forget he Toy Show!!!

But the question for me is - will he, in his wide ranging review of the weekend and what’s in the news include a mention of the articles. Or indeed the unrepentant Minister of State for Drugs Policy Frank Feighan, who said public officials and people in RTE are "snorting cocaine all over the place".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But the question for me is - will he, in his wide ranging review of the weekend and what’s in the news include a mention of the articles. Or indeed the unrepentant Minister of State for Drugs Policy Frank Feighan, who said public officials and people in RTE are "snorting cocaine all over the place".

Don't be daft.

It's like how Da LiveLine has never discussed rte salaries, even when it's the big topic of conversation every few years.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Joe. It's not discussed on any of the radio debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There’s a number of the current on air and frequent fill-in (male and female) “talent” that have reputations for being fond of the Colombian Marching Powder. Obviously I can’t name them but these are not newly acquired reputations either.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I, too, am very interested to see if this story will be covered on the show. Or will it be bumped off the list by a story of kindness. I think it should be put to Frank Feighan though - who specifically was he was speaking about? To make that sweeping statement about the organisation points the finger at everybody which is unfair. He should be asked to name names or withdraw the statement. And I think that RTE would have made a statement to that effect if they were not worried about what names he might name.

You have truly feline tenacity, Butters.

Almost as much as a Cat!

What do you mean by that Cat, would like to know

I mean a lot of people I have overheard over time (without offering my opinion first)share the opinions of a lot of posters here in being critical of Ryan's broadcasting style. Whilst being completely articulate he is viewed by very many as irritating and pompous, one book club group who attended the library where I worked discussed at how "he makes you kind of on edge, irritating to listen to". As a group of book lovers they weren't overly impressed with their fellow book-loving broadcaster.

I, too, am very interested to see if this story will be covered on the show. Or will it be bumped off the list by a story of kindness.

There is no chance it will be discussed.

Its a safe bet to say that the scenes on Dame Street and talk of a 2nd wave due to all the young people out drinking will be used to preach to us all this morning.

No doubt he will have read that Times editorial about himself....will be interesting to see if it changes how his preaching goes?

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is no chance it will be discussed.

Its a safe bet to say that the scenes on Dame Street and talk of a 2nd wave due to all the young people out drinking will be used to preach to us all this morning.

No doubt he will have read that Times editorial about himself....will be interesting to see if it changes how his preaching goes?

Not sure he'll be preaching to young people as he has his two daughters in that category, and sometimes even gives out about people giving out about de youth. He'll generalise it to "some people".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think they have renamed the show the Covid-19 show!
    The guy is obsessed with the f*****g thing!

In fairness he went as far as 20 seconds into his show this morning before referring to Covid!

We had a new one this morning, not just gorgeous, but "very gorgeous". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Kelly Harrington, boxer, raconteur and all round good egg. A firecracker.

Beacon of light. One of life's special ones.

Responses are warm and positive.

LLS to spread some sunshine in the autumn.

Have listened in weeks. Still the same ol sh1te.

"Like being at school."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

"The mayfly is alive and well" !!!!!!

Wow! Holy sh!tballs !

I'm really glad I tuned in now.

Ffs.

Be kind to each other, no bullying.

Then proceeds to slag off 2 people's teeth repeatedly.

Be kind to each other, no bullying.

Then proceeds to slag off 2 people's teeth repeatedly.

He can hide behind 'meanies' and kindness all he wants but there theres no excuse for hypocrisy. Remember when the man who is all about privacy read out the private letters of a dead man?

A carpet bombing of love.

Looks like Hamilton is going to be the new Greatest Showman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looks like Hamilton is going to be the new Greatest Showman

Does this mean there will be a " Hamilton" themed toyshow on the way ??

Tubbs dropping sick beats in a knitted xmas jumper....

Hmmm.

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote: »
    Does this mean there will be a " Hamilton" themed toyshow on the way ??

Tubbs dropping sick beats in a knitted xmas jumper....

Hmmm.

The childers on dis year’s toy show will only be drawn from black, asian, traveller, disabled, transgender, mixed race, and “other” communities.

The childers on dis year’s toy show will only be drawn from black, asian, traveller, disabled, transgender, mixed race, and “other” communities.

With social distancing there will be no audience and it'll be Tubs and 4 kids putting on a show for us.

With social distancing there will be no audience and it'll be Tubs and 4 kids putting on a show for us.

2 of them wil be Dr. Ebony O'Seaosaimh's childers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

So you are giving us permission to speak then are you?

Just heard some of the show while I was getting breakfast tomorrow. He got some free flowers sent in, add that to the free candles from a while ago too.

Of course hes a a regular in a flower shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I’d love to see if a traveller camp or a Direct camp in his or the RTÉ D4
    They would send all the solicitors against it

Tubs this morning on a rant about boohoo. "Hit them where it hurts (financailly) until they learn their lesson and change their behaviours" said Bryan (or words to that effect). This said without a hint of irony of course by a man who works in RTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Just heard some of the show while I was getting breakfast tomorrow. He got some free flowers sent in, add that to the free candles from a while ago too.

Of course hes a a regular in a flower shop too.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »

I've noted your allusion caller. ;)
    Big fan of The Lonely Island myself.....

Some of my faves:

Most married men can relate to the second verse here (starts at 00:31):

#Woke anthem:

Mr. Duffy's theme song:

well that's my lunch break over and i've completely wasted it searching for lonely island video links. i neeD that job in rte to materialise soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement