Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No Depay and went with Silva but I can still sell Silva for Depay for New. then do reverse at a possible extra cost of 0.1 if Silva rose tonight.

Short over 1.1 to get Depay in for Chadli, not an option really as I have now decided to keep Silva.

To avoid confusion (my fault) Chadli is in with Depay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So nearly crunch time- dont see Kone in many teams? I currently have him as my 3rd choice. from my team, i just want a good overall balance. a lot of wc teams are shaping up the same way and i am no different. so here it is, again.. 0.5 in the bank... in this team i have no chelsea, saints, liverpool coverage. THoughts please? i know i asked a few days ago but im desperately indecisive

myhill, butland (schmeichel? guzan? other?)
    richards? huth? darmian? ward? williams?
    sanchez, mahrez?, toure?, depay? payet
    aguero, gomis, kone?

any possible adjustments welcome, the base is solid enough. mahrez could this years amir zaki ( or other flash in the pan) and ill probably downgrade him when the time comes.

What do you want to do with your keepers? Rotate 2 cheapies? get a premium and a £4.0m bench fodder? Get 2 cheapies from the same team to be covered? Your choice will become much easier once you'll have found which option satisfies you the most ;).

I like your defense. I presume Darmian & Williams will play most games and you'll rotate the others. Be sure to check how they rotate. For now and considering his upcoming fixtures (after Everton) I'd fancy Kolarov.

What's the plan with your strikeforce? 3-4-3? 3-5-2?
    If 3-4-3 you'd be better off with a £4.5m bench fodder and upgrade upfront.
    But considering the form your midfielders are in, I presume you'll go for 3-5-2 for now hoping to cash in a £0.1m on Koné. 2-3 transfers should then allow you to revert to 3-4-3 if needed.
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    In a no transfers league, awful start so wildcarding

Benteke and Silva
    Or
    Hazard and diouf

Have Aguero, would ideally like Chelsea coverage but hard to have it all
    No transfers and just the 2 WCs right?
    If that's so wouldn't you be better off waiting for Pedro to settle in Chelsea, Depay to do the same at United and Pulis to find his defense just to cite a few examples?

'Cause on current form I'd go for Silva & Benteke but Hazard could punsih you in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Had been between Kompany and Kolarov for city defensive cover, but with zabaletta out for the next month could Sagna be a safe bet? At 5m it would free up a lot of funds.

When was it confirmed Zabaleta is out for that long?

dahat wrote: »
    No Depay and went with Silva but I can still sell Silva for Depay for New. then do reverse at a possible extra cost of 0.1 if Silva rose tonight.

Short over 1.1 to get Depay in for Chadli, not an option really as I have now decided to keep Silva.

To avoid confusion (my fault) Chadli is in with Depay out.
    Ah right. And did you keep Mahrez or went Albrighton?

You found a way to get Silva & Courtois without depleting your team too much. That sounds good.
    And I'm not sure Payet will keep his current form for long so he could be the one to make way for Depay. You'd then "only" need to free £0.6m up if my calculations are correct (or possibly £0.5m if Payet rises again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Think I'm done:

Romero McCarthy

Kolarov Sagna Ward Richards Gomez

Sanchez Depay Payet Mahrez Redmond

Aguero Benteke Gomis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

When was it confirmed Zabaleta is out for that long?

Have seen it few times this afternoon, @benDinnery tweeted it earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Attachment not found.

Any need to wildcard? Have this team with a Minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

bohsman wrote: »
    Think I'm done:

Romero McCarthy

Kolarov Sagna Ward Richards Gomez

Sanchez Depay Payet Mahrez Redmond

Aguero Benteke Gomis

Looks decent, although doubling up on Man City defenders (both of whom aren't 100% nailed on) wouldn't do it for me. I was looking at Ward as well, but GWs 4-6 are Che (A), Man C (H) and Spurs (A) so I gave him the swerve in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Have seen it few times this afternoon, @benDinnery tweeted it earlier

BBC reporting it now too, seems official. They also report "Left-back Gael Clichy and midfielder Fabian Delph returned to training this week". This might change everything. I do like Kolorov though, he is much more of an attacking threat, he's certainly safe for this game but beyond that..... 5.0 for a city defender for 5-6 games might be too good to pass up.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Untitled.gif

I'd downgrade Rooney to Benteke or Sakho and upgrade Ramsey to Sanchez. I presume some of your funds are to change your GKs when Speroni's back? Personally I think Palace's GWs 4-6 fixtures are too dodgy to be relying on them, I'd go Hennessy to Butland or Myhill maybe, and keep McCarthy for any price rises?

• Advertisement

Untitled.gif

No point in WCing now.

Your team is in very decent shape. Obviously it's not perfect since you're not on WC. You have time to assess Sanchez, Depay, Pedro and a City def for their great run after Everton. You're better off trusting this side and holding your WC.

Untitled.gif

Sorry, misread your post! As iroced says, no need to use your wildcard there, looks in good shape for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Was all set on my team but that Zabaleta news has me thinking Kolorov, Sanchez and Deeney to Sagna, Ozil and Benteke...decisions, decisions.

Looks decent, although doubling up on Man City defenders (both of whom aren't 100% nailed on) wouldn't do it for me. I was looking at Ward as well, but GWs 4-6 are Che (A), Man C (H) and Spurs (A) so I gave him the swerve in the end.

Kolarov was always the plan, last minute decision to double up, Sagna the only recognised right back at the club as Zabaleta is out for a month. Had A.Williams in there before that but City have a nice run of fixtures coming up so happy to have them both till Zabaleta is back.

I expect Ward and Richards to be season keepers at this stage so not too worried about having to rotate them.

Who're people going for in the 4.5m midfield slot?

I started the season with Bentaleb, but now I'm thinking either Westwood/Anya. I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the attributes of either of them, but I think I'm leaning towards Anya for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

iroced wrote: »
    Ah right. And did you keep Mahrez or went Albrighton?

You found a way to get Silva & Courtois without depleting your team too much. That sounds good.
    And I'm not sure Payet will keep his current form for long so he could be the one to make way for Depay. You'd then "only" need to free £0.6m up if my calculations are correct (or possibly £0.5m if Payet rises again).

Actually kept Mahrez in the end as I downgraded a defender from a previous draft.

I will ride the Payet wagon as long as and hopefully get a few rises from him.

Depay would be the ideal replacement but looking at two home fixtures for Liverpool soon which will likely mean Hendo.

Serious lack of Chelsea players in the WC teams, we could all be regretting that in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Thinking of going with a 352 formation and having a cheap striker over a cheap midfielder.

Will allow me to get man City, man utd defenders. Silva or yaya, Sánchez or ozil, depay, mahrez and mane or maybe payet. Agüero and gomis up front with maybe Wilson or could even go sakho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sagna or Ashley Williams for this weekend and next? Zabaleta confirmed as out for the next month injured

would give me this going forward:

NCsd3Q9.png

Any thoughts? Concerned about Barkley this week against City, especially if i'm bringing in Sagna :D Do i just hold on Williams for the week away to Sunderland and use my FT for Williams to sagna next week at home to Watford?

Aghh...

Sagna or Ashley Williams for this weekend and next? Zabaleta confirmed as out for the next month injured

Have gone with Sagna over Williams, think Sagna should be a cert to get a couple of price rises so can be got rid of for profit in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

bohsman wrote: »
    Have gone with Sagna over Williams, think Sagna should be a cert to get a couple of price rises so can be got rid of for profit in a few weeks.

And will you start him this week against an Everton team who seem to have remembered where the back of the net is? Its either Huth/Ward both of whom are also away this week that would be going in and it seems a waste to have my only 5m defender on the bench

Yep, have doubled up on City defenders and starting both of them. Beating Southampton 3-0 this season is nothing to get carried away about, especially till their defence settles. 10.5m for 2 City defenders is just too good to pass up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

bohsman wrote:
    Yep, have doubled up on City defenders and starting both of them. Beating Southampton 3-0 this season is nothing to get carried away about, especially till their defence settles. 10.5m for 2 City defenders is just too good to pass up.

Doubling up on City defenders is a risky strategy. You're obviously going to have Aguero so now you're forcing yourself to go without Silva or Yaya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Having a horrible time finalising on a draft. Aguero and Depay are givens for me I think, but Sanchez, Silva and Rooney are all players I want too and obviously I can't have those 5 as part of my front 7 without really scraping by elsewhere.

spock. wrote: »
    Doubling up on City defenders is a risky strategy. You're obviously going to have Aguero so now you're forcing yourself to go without Silva or Yaya.

Yea absolutely, it's 4 gameweeks max and I am fairly set on a MF built around
    Sanchez with Depay, Payet, Oscar in the mix for next 2 spots rather than Yaya/Silva.

I also may well change my mind before tomorrow and go Williams instead of Sagna but after a bad first 2 weeks it could be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Who're people going for in the 4.5m midfield slot?

I started the season with Bentaleb, but now I'm thinking either Westwood/Anya. I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the attributes of either of them, but I think I'm leaning towards Anya for the moment.

Think I'm going to go for Anya. Not nailed on each week :( has played the full 90 in both games so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Guardian preview had Martina coming in for Targett. FFS noted that Martina is pushing for his place. Targett was poor vs Everton and getting stick from some Saints fans http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/15/southampton-fans-react-on-twitter-to-matt-targett-performance-v/

Food for thought for a couple here incl myself and busts i think who were considering him. Has to be a chance Koeman will take him out of the limelight.

My three way rotation depended on him for the next 2 GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

FHFC wrote: »
    Guardian preview had Martina coming in for Targett. FFS noted that Martina is pushing for his place. Targett was poor vs Everton and getting stick from some Saints fans http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/15/southampton-fans-react-on-twitter-to-matt-targett-performance-v/

Food for thought for a couple here incl myself and busts i think who were considering him. Has to be a chance Koeman will take him out of the limelight.

My three way rotation depended on him for the next 2 GWs.

targett also played thurs mite not play sun then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

This is the team I've had planned in my head the last few days

McCarthy
    Darmien, Kolarov, munisea
    Sanchez, Yaya, Depay, Ayew, Mahrez
    Aguero, Gomis

Myhill, Kone, Gomez, Ward

But.... Team 2

McCarthy,
    Sagna, Ward, Munisea
    Sanchez, Yaya, Hazard, Ayew, Mahrez
    Aguero, Gomis,

Myhill, Kone, Gomez, Francis

Team 2 is dependant on.2 of a swing on transfers which should happen tonight.

Really, like the look of midfield in team 2, but is it leaving me a bit too weak at the back? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Helder32

Hi everyone first time posting here, want opinions on a straight choice between
    Courtois-Kompany-Depay and
    Butland-Morgan-Hazard.
    Have shaw, sanchez, yaya and aguero so not totally exposed anywhere but still really want to fit hazard in too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

No point in WCing now.

Your team is in very decent shape. Obviously it's not perfect since you're not on WC. You have time to assess Sanchez, Depay, Pedro and a City def for their great run after Everton. You're better off trusting this side and holding your WC.

My plan is to wildcard next week. Change both keepers to myhill and a 4.0. Get sagna darmian/shaw into defense. Maybe jenkinson. Ramsey out for sanchez. Rooney out if he is does nothing. Want depay too so maybe be a 352
    Myhill
    Sagna darmian cheapo
    Silva sanchez payet mahrez depay
    Aguero gomis cheapo

From a value and price rise/drop view do I make the changes saturday and hit wildcard later in week? Get rid of potential fallers and bring in risers before they go up at will during the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Work finished - check
    2 litre bottle of coca cola -check
    Several bars of chocolate - check
    Several bags of crisps - check
    iPhone charged- check
    iPad charged - check

It's wildcard time.

The night is but a pup and we are the dogs of War!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Having a horrible time finalising on a draft. Aguero and Depay are givens for me I think, but Sanchez, Silva and Rooney are all players I want too and obviously I can't have those 5 as part of my front 7 without really scraping by elsewhere.

I think it has to be one of rooney or Depay. I do think both will do well tomorrow but utd haven't shown enough under lvg to have 2 of their attackers long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it has to be one of rooney or Depay. I do think both will do well tomorrow but utd haven't shown enough under lvg to have 2 of their attackers long term.

I can see Rooney and Silva being the ones to suffer the cold shoulder. Sanchez is a better option than Silva even in the short term...right???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

What do you want to do with your keepers? Rotate 2 cheapies? get a premium and a £4.0m bench fodder? Get 2 cheapies from the same team to be covered? Your choice will become much easier once you'll have found which option satisfies you the most ;).

I like your defense. I presume Darmian & Williams will play most games and you'll rotate the others. Be sure to check how they rotate. For now and considering his upcoming fixtures (after Everton) I'd fancy Kolarov.

What's the plan with your strikeforce? 3-4-3? 3-5-2?
    If 3-4-3 you'd be better off with a £4.5m bench fodder and upgrade upfront.
    But considering the form your midfielders are in, I presume you'll go for 3-5-2 for now hoping to cash in a £0.1m on Koné. 2-3 transfers should then allow you to revert to 3-4-3 if needed.

No transfers and just the 2 WCs right?
    If that's so wouldn't you be better off waiting for Pedro to settle in Chelsea, Depay to do the same at United and Pulis to find his defense just to cite a few examples?

'Cause on current form I'd go for Silva & Benteke but Hazard could punsih you in a couple of weeks.

I usually go with one premium and a cheap lad but i might experiement with rotaters going forward.. this is looking like my final draft for now.. i will probably replace sagna and targett with 2 4.5s at some stage down the line. 0.1 in the bank

myhill, schmeichel,
    richards, darmian, williams, sagna, targett
    depay, sanchez, payet, toure, mahrez,
    aguero, gomis, deeney

considering the 2-5-3 chip as well :eek:

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I can see Rooney and Silva being the ones to suffer the cold shoulder. Sanchez is a better option than Silva even in the short term...right???

I think so much bigger goal threat than silva and sanchez gives you an alternative capt option to aguero.

I'm now on
    Butland Mccarthy
    Kolorav jos bassong gomez Francis
    Surman yaya Pedro Depay sanchez
    Aguero vardy Sakho
    I'm waiting on confirmation that Pedro is registered to play. Yaya may become sterling.

I'm getting more and more tempted by Depay. I'm now thinking downgrading Benteke or Gomis to a cheaper striker and upgrading Chadli to Depay. Am I mad? Someone talk me out of it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm getting more and more tempted by Depay. I'm now thinking downgrading Benteke or Gomis to a cheaper striker and upgrading Chadli to Depay. Am I mad? Someone talk me out of it!

I have him in now. The idea is that I can downgrade to Payet if needed.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have him in now. The idea is that I can downgrade to Payet if needed.

I need to ask myself will Depay and Diouf/Sakho outscore Chadli and Benteke? What do you guys think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I need to ask myself will Depay and Diouf/Sakho outscore Chadli and Benteke? What do you guys think?

I'd go the Depay / Diouf option of those 2.

Mrs FHFC gone to her mothers (possibly subconsciously aware I had a wildcard to finalise) 2 kids left here to get to bed, four star pizza ordered for 9. It's gonna be a long one working out how to fit Depay in satisfactorily.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd go the Depay / Diouf option of those 2.

Mrs FHFC gone to her mothers (possibly subconsciously aware I had a wildcard to finalise) 2 kids left here to get to bed, four star pizza ordered for 9. It's gonna be a long one working out how to fit Depay in satisfactorily.

I don't know. With Villa last year Benteke was the type of striker who could score against any one and Chadli is a nice differential but I really want Depay!

Helder32 wrote: »
    Hi everyone first time posting here, want opinions on a straight choice between
    Courtois-Kompany-Depay and
    Butland-Morgan-Hazard.
    Have shaw, sanchez, yaya and aguero so not totally exposed anywhere but still really want to fit hazard in too
    I'd definitely go option 1 myself. It gives you Chelsea def coverage, a premium def (that could be Kolarov for a cheaper price) and United cover upfront.
    Depending on Pedro's perfs, Hazard may not be as essential as last year but if you want him, how much you'd have in the bank to do so with option 1?
    From a value and price rise/drop view do I make the changes saturday and hit wildcard later in week? Get rid of potential fallers and bring in risers before they go up at will during the week?
    Yes and no. If everyone was doing it, it would make a diff for the pice changes but since it's not the case it's up to you. If you're afraid you could forget to hit it later then hit it right away. In the meantime if you don't have tons of transfers to make on Saturday you can just make let's say 1 or 2 and wait for the WC. Who knows, if you change your mind...

I usually go with one premium and a cheap lad but i might experiement with rotaters going forward.. this is looking like my final draft for now.. i will probably replace sagna and targett with 2 4.5s at some stage down the line. 0.1 in the bank

myhill, schmeichel,
    richards, darmian, williams, sagna, targett
    depay, sanchez, payet, toure, mahrez,
    aguero, gomis, deeney

considering the 2-5-3 chip as well :eek:
    Beware though! You can't play your chips the same week than your WC!
    I'm now on
    Butland Mccarthy
    Aguero vardy Sakho
    I'm waiting on confirmation that Pedro is registered to play. Yaya may become sterling.
    Quite some changes then! You got your 5 "big hitters" :p;).
    More Vardy than Okazaki? I've seen the latter praised here but must admit I know nothing about him.
    Butland to become Speroni when the latter'll be back and go for the Palace combo in goals (one of the 4 available £8.5m GKs combo)?
    No Pulis? Don't fancy Ollson? Though many said here that Pulis is not yet set on his defense so you may be wise to wait for it to be settled.
    No Chelsea def cover? Butland to Courtois & Vardy to a cheaper forward e.g. Ighalo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is Diouf guaranteed his place? Apart from Arsenal in GW5, they have a nice run. It's between him and Sakho for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'm now on
    Butland Mccarthy
    Aguero vardy Sakho

I'd be worried about Francis, he is borderline to a drop. If he doesn't drop tonight he will over the weekend barring good returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Here's what I'm on so far with the wildcard:

fe9c2e643f6bfdc2d9b980431895c057.png

GK - Pulis until Foster is back in October. Save points guaranteed and possible clean sheets against anyone. Very much a plug in and leave there without worrying (although I'll probably play McCarthy this week :pac:)

DEF - This combination gives me Darmian and Kolorov + SWA, WBA, BOUR, LEI, BOUR, LEI, WBA, WAT.

MID - Silva and Sanchez the two big hitters. I'm not too keen on Mahrez or Albrighton's chances of keeping up anywhere near their output, but with the cost, fixtures and the bandwagon price rises, he's worth it for now as a 4th midfielder. Chadli has a very good PPG return as pointed out by Ziegler, nice fixtures too. With Henderson's status unknown I think he's a good option here and a differential.

FOR - Aguero goes without saying, Benteke has WHU, NOR and AVL in the next 5 GW's and will obviously be leading the line for Liverpool. He's an easy upgrade to someone like Giroud or downgrade to someone else if necessary. Gomis is looking good and Swansea have canny fixtures, he's also on penalties.

Main worries:

1) I'm going to get stung sooner or later with no Hazard and no Chelsea coverage at all.

2) Chadli + Benteke or Depay + Diouf/Sakho

Any thoughts/critique please lads? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I'd definitely go option 1 myself. It gives you Chelsea def coverage, a premium def (that could be Kolarov for a cheaper price) and United cover upfront.
    Depending on Pedro's perfs, Hazard may not be as essential as last year but if you want him, how much you'd have in the bank to do so with option 1?

Yes and no. If everyone was doing it, it would make a diff for the pice changes but since it's not the case it's up to you. If you're afraid you could forget to hit it later then hit it right away. In the meantime if you don't have tons of transfers to make on Saturday you can just make let's say 1 or 2 and wait for the WC. Who knows, if you change your mind...

Beware though! You can't play your chips the same week than your WC!

Quite some changes then! You got your 5 "big hitters" :p;).
    More Vardy than Okazaki? I've seen the latter praised here but must admit I know nothing about him.
    Butland to become Speroni when the latter'll be back and go for the Palace combo in goals (one of the 4 available £8.5m GKs combo)?
    No Pulis? Don't fancy Ollson? Though many said here that Pulis is not yet set on his defense so you may be wise to wait for it to be settled.
    No Chelsea def cover? Butland to Courtois & Vardy to a cheaper forward e.g. Ighalo?

any thoughts on that final draft iroced. noted re the 2-5-3 chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Paully D wrote: »
    Here's what I'm on so far with the wildcard:

GK - Pulis until Foster is back in October. Save points guaranteed and possible clean sheets against anyone.

DEF - This combination gives me Darmian and Kolorov + SWA, WBA, BOUR, LEI, BOUR, LEI, WBA, WAT.

MID - Silva and Sanchez the two big hitters. I'm not too keen on Mahrez or Albrighton's chances of keeping up anywhere near their output, but with the cost, fixtures and the bandwagon price rises, he's worth it for now as a 4th midfielder. Chadli has a very good PPG return as pointed out by Ziegler, nice fixtures too. With Henderson's status unknown I think he's a good option here and a differential.

FOR - Aguero goes without saying, Benteke has WHU, NOR and AVL in the next 5 GW's and will obviously be leading the line for Liverpool. He's an easy upgrade to someone like Giroud or downgrade to someone else if necessary. Gomis is looking good and Swansea have canny fixtures, he's also on penalties.

Main worries:

1) I'm going to get stung sooner or later with no Hazard and no Chelsea coverage at all. Very much a plug in and leave there without worrying (although I'll probably play McCarthy this week :pac:)

2) Chadli + Benteke or Depay + Diouf/Sakho

Any thoughts/critique please lads? :)

I'd be worried about Myhill. West Brom have had a bid turned down for David Marshall and are expected to come back with an improved offer

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33982526

I don't like Liverpools fixtures for the next few weeks and Benteke has been underwhelming with his only returns courtesy of a very fortunate incorrect offside decision.

Diouf and Sakho are 50/50 for me, i can't decide at the moment but Stoke have better fixtures.

Depay i feel could be capable of explosive returns. He averages 5 shots on goal per game so far which is exactly his average for last season too. He's on corners and free kicks too. I would go Depay and Diouf/Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd be worried about Myhill. West Brom have had a bid turned down for David Marshall and are expected to come back with an improved offer

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33982526

I don't like Liverpools fixtures for the next few weeks and Benteke has been underwhelming with his only returns courtesy of a very fortunate incorrect offside decision.

Diouf and Sakho are 50/50 for me, i can't decide at the moment but Stoke have better fixtures.

Depay i feel could be capable of explosive returns. He averages 5 shots on goals per game so far which is exactly his average for last season too. He's on corners and free kicks too. I would go Depay and Diouf/Sakho.

Cheers for the feedback, very much appreciated.

I don't share the same worries about Myhill to be honest, but then again I could be miles off. It just wouldn't be the first time Pulis will have spent money on a goalkeeper and never used him, he did the same when purchasing Hennessy at Palace. Foster will, IMO, be straight back into the side when he's fit in October anyway so it seems a bit of a wasted move on their part to me.

I think Liverpool's fixtures are quite good for their attacking players. ars, WHU, mnu, NOR, AVL - I think it's tough to get a better run of games than that for a striker in FPL.

I do really want to turn Chadli into Depay however. Harps suggestion of downgrading Silva to Yaya in order to make the aforementioned change while keeping Benteke does look like an option.

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback, very much appreciated.

I don't share the same worries about Myhill to be honest, but then again I could be miles off. It just wouldn't be the first time Pulis will have spent money on a goalkeeper and never used him, he did the same when purchasing Hennessy at Palace. Foster will, IMO, be straight back into the side when he's fit in October anyway so it seems a bit of a wasted move on their part to me.

I think Liverpool's fixtures are quite good for their attacking players. ars, WHU, mnu, NOR, AVL - I think it's tough to get a better run of games than that for a striker in FPL.

I do really want to turn Chadli into Depay however. Harps suggestion of downgrading Silva to Yaya in order to make the aforementioned change while keeping Benteke does look like an option.

Do you think Yaya will outscore Silva in the long run? I'm not so sure. Really don't know what to do. Will probably just leave it tonight, sleep on it and make the wrong decision 10 minutes before the deadline!

• Advertisement
Advertisement