Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

19" ultra wides on a 3 spoke factory alloy A6 (current) and 19" ultra wides elb's on a V70.

I still can't buy that your wheel nuts are a casual 27mm. Unless they are one centre bolt and not a normal bolt pattern.
    If they are fair play, but that's far from.a normal wheel nut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Alfie1 wrote: »
    The wait is over, here's the back of the socket set box :D

Attachment not found.

Different box on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Different box on mine.

Got a pic ? Is it the new style blue Halfords Advanced packaging that they now use on the socket & spanner sets etc ?

Got a pic ? Is it the new style blue Halfords Advanced packaging that they now use on the socket & spanner sets etc ?

Sorry don't know how how to add pic from phone; but yes it's branded as Advanced as you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

I have code for socket set for Carlow store if anyone wants it. They phoned me today needs to be picked up by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

I have code for socket set for Carlow store if anyone wants it. They phoned me today needs to be picked up by Monday.

I'll take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

I'll take it!

Sorry codes gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hahahaha it's comedy sized stuff. Dom jolly mobile phone craic.

All the same... if I had it a few months back I could have opened my back diff without breaking the temperature sensor in the process.

Halfords advanced blue branding on my box here. Worth it for the breaker bars alone. And some great bargain bantz. (Fobleasnucks casual bane "for you" didnt get enough thanks imo). Thanks again alfie.

With an enormous tool comes enormous responsibility and potential for enormous screw ups.... use them wisely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

The joke sized sockets will come in handy on the hydraulic press! I wonder would the warranty cover any mishaps on a 50 tonne press. I'd love to see their reaction when you try to swap a squashed 50mm socket for a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Picked up my socket set today, it's unbelievable what you get for the money. Big thanks to Alfie and the other poster with the discount code.

• Advertisement

tryfix wrote: »
    Picked up my socket set today, it's unbelievable what you get for the money. Big thanks to Alfie and the other poster with the discount code.

As I said previously they are selling the 3/4" breaker bar for €37.49 alone, the set with the 10% discount is €10 less than that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€24 with trade card. Get in!

colm_mcm wrote: »

Poor ladies at the till were up and down all day with the trolley hauling these things I'd say.

kona wrote: »
    I still can't buy that your wheel nuts are a casual 27mm. Unless they are one centre bolt and not a normal bolt pattern.
    If they are fair play, but that's far from.a normal wheel nut.

27mm depth? M14 thread with 17mm hex head?
    That's what I'm seeing for VAG wheels. Seems more plausible to me than needing a 27mm socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

colm_mcm wrote: »

Best price so far? Beat me by a euro fifty. Tried to blag a trade card last summer, got exactly nowhere. If anybody has invoices or a vat number they wouldn't mind me using feel free to pm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's no code requests, even if you badly need it for your dying Yorkshire terriers training wheels.

Half this thread is code requests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's no code requests, even if you badly need it for your dying Yorkshire terriers training wheels.

Half this thread is code requests.

You should take him to the vet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Squatman

iv a reservation code here for mayo if anyone wants it. First come first serve. PM me directly to save forum space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Picked up a set in Waterford earlier. They had a trolley cage thing with maybe 12 or 13 sets waiting to be collected.
    Now the plan is to join Greenpeace and dismantle some whale trawlers or aircraft carriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

Squatman wrote: »
    iv a reservation code here for mayo if anyone wants it. First come first serve. PM me directly to save forum space.

Pm sent. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Squatman wrote: »

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I've a code for Tallaght needs to be collected by end of sunday. Had a phone call to say its there, but I never realised their as big as they are. So no need for them.

First PM gets it.
    Mods sorry for posting this just seems a shame to let the code go to waste

Code gone to Magentis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

CH3OH wrote: »
    226560?w=637&h=403

AdBlue 10 Litre Can €14

Item: 226560
    AdBlue 10 Litre Can
    Maybe of interest to some if you have a diesel that required Adblue
    In Halfords Airside

it is not showing on the Irish site so can't check stock
    Great price for this. Picked up 1 today. 1 more on the shelf in Airside. Could be more in stockroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Different box on mine.

This is the box I got - sounds like the blue style box you mentioned:

408317.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

27mm depth? M14 thread with 17mm hex head?
    That's what I'm seeing for VAG wheels. Seems more plausible to me than needing a 27mm socket.

I'd pay money to see somebody remove a wheel from a a6 with a 27mm socket on a breaker bar.:pac:

positron wrote: »
    Different box on mine.

408317.jpg
    Yes that's the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

I know there's absolutely no code requests on this thread, so I'm definitely not looking for a code for a mate of mine who got a cancellation email.

However, if anybody would like to pm me to, ah, discuss the socket set, that would be great.

On another note, I opened my box today, its the old halfords advanced packaging. When I took it out, the 400mm extension bar was missing. Rang halfords, the manager told me that the set is discontinued, but they'd try to order the bar separately for me on monday

positron wrote: »

408317.jpg

Yes that's the one.

I'm gutted I got the old packaging as it doesn't match the new packaging on the 200 piece socket & spanner set I got in November :( :pac:

I guess it was a misprice so rather than Halfords getting rid of old stock for rebranding reasons as mentioned previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

This is the set I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

longshanks wrote: »
    This is the set I got.

I got the same one.

Advertisement