Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeater and eircom Neteopia modem

Options
  • 06-03-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

I have an eircom supplied modem/router and a TP-LINK TL-WPA281 Poweline Extender connected to it. I leave the eircom device at one end of the house and bring the wifi signal to the other end of the house via the powerline extender. The internet works well at both ends of the house through the eircom device and the powerline extender. The problem is I cannot get devices on the two ends of the network to communicate. e.g I have a wemo switch attached to the extender but I cannot access it from the main router. Similarly, I cannot print from the main router to the brother printer which is located on the poweline network but I can when I am on the poweline network. I have tried setting up via WPS and manually and nothing seems to be working. The odd thing is that if I bring my phone from the powerline network to my main router, I cannot access the wemo switch, but if I go onto the login page of the powerline device and reboot it, I can then access the wemo switch from the main router. At both the router and the powerline device I can access both login pages for the eircom device and the powerline device. I can also ping devices such as the wemo switch, printer and samsung smart tv from the router to the powerline and vice versa. Yet I cannot use the wemo switch functions, I cannot print, and I cannot screen mirror to the television when connected to the opposite device. I used to use a TP-LINK Repeater and everything worked without issues. From what I can see, there are no DHCP etc. settings on the powerline extender.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Won't let me edit but I meant to say Powerline Extender and eir modem

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Also airprint works perfectly for some weird reason nothing else does. I cannot print from my laptop but can from ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Powerlines are filtering out broadcast traffic. TP have a document that explains the setting you need to enable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dairewalsh

Do you know where I could get this document/rectify my problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Using duplicate accounts is against the boards TOS and is a good way to get yourself banned.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/FAQ-484.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement