Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You could build a house with this loaf!:D

Attachment not found.

In post war Uk we had the National Loaf

https://thewartimewoman.com/2015/11/08/living-on-wartime-rations-day-1-the-national-loaf/

I have no memory of that but of the big unsliced white loaves that were almost like your batch loaves.

nibbling a small pain au chocolat... "lost" my insides last night and am rather fragile internally..ah well,,,weak sweet coffee too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Fish Oil. Mmmmmmm.

:pac:

Graces7 wrote: »
    when I was at school, I was always the first home so one of my jobs was lighting the fire... My mother worried that we would not eat until she got home after 6 so at the weekend she made a great pan of soup, bones for the stock, thick with barley... Lasted till Wednesday by which time it was so thick....

Mothers and food, hey! Starts at our birth and never stops... bless them all!

Didn't have that kind of experience with my mother. Unlikely to ever now.

Also unlikely to be a mother myself, which may be a blessing.

northgirl wrote: »
    Didn't have that kind of experience with my mother. Unlikely to ever now.

Also unlikely to be a mother myself, which may be a blessing.

(((HUGS)))

Never think at your age that all is settled for life. . I used to think like that and now I am at the centre of a lively and caring little community, warts and all..thought I was destined for a lonely old age..

My family boss still frets me my having food in stock etc.. and torches etc etc etc..

and hey we care!

• Advertisement

snug but off to the kitchen to make toast..

(((HUGS)))

Never think at your age that all is settled for life. . I used to think like that and now I am at the centre of a lively and caring little community, warts and all..thought I was destined for a lonely old age..

My family boss still frets me my having food in stock etc.. and torches etc etc etc..

and hey we care!

Thank you.

Yeah, she should never have been a mother.

You live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

nibbling a small pain au chocolat... "lost" my insides last night and am rather fragile internally..ah well,,,weak sweet coffee too..

You lost your insides? Might want to go and see a doctor about that.

I’ve a rotten hangover on me this morning so I had 10 of those small sausage rolls, two jambons, a litre of Lucozade, and a Mars bar. The Centra breakfast.

Thank you.

Yeah, she should never have been a mother.

You live and learn.

No as then we would not know you and that would be a loss to us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Egg salad & crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Whispered wrote: »
    Egg salad & crisps.

Kiss me! ;)

Kiss me! ;)

Hang on. Just have to brush my teeth!

Egg salad & crisps.

I'd love that now...

I'm having a ridiculously plain lunch. Dentist later but will hopefully then have the appetite for a (long overdue) Maccy D's later. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'd love that now...

I'm having a ridiculously plain lunch. Dentist later but will hopefully then have the appetite for a (long overdue) Maccy D's later. :D

Maccy Ds is on my radar this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 swaner

Pizza

Maccy Ds is on my radar this evening.

Boards advertising is now constantly highlighting "my nearest McDonalds"..

How conicidental.... As if I don't know where they all are within a 50 mile radius :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just had a bowl of porridge (Flavahan's even! :D) and tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Only had a coffee on the run this morning.

Now having a takeaway cappuccino with not one but two apricot and custard pastries. ( I'm starving) :pac:

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Only had a coffee on the run this morning.

Now having a takeaway cappuccino with not one but two apricot and custard pastries. ( I'm starving) :pac:

2 is always preferable to 1.. :D

2 is always preferable to 1.. :D

And what's more, I'm now eating chocolate matchsticks, I'm like a bottomless pit since I got home. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Chicken Chow Mein, fine noodles dressed in a savoury shiitake mushroom and sesame sauce.

It is absolutely beautiful, took four minutes in the microwave and cost all of 3 euro from Tesco.

Oh the joys of living in the wilderness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

And what's more, I'm now eating chocolate matchsticks, I'm like a bottomless pit since I got home. :D

Huzzah! Feeling like that too today depending on dentist outcome of course.

Assuming I'm not brutalized too much I'll be making snacking a priority in a few short hours :)

Good luck with dentist. :)

More coffee.

Boards advertising is now constantly highlighting "my nearest McDonalds"..

How conicidental.... As if I don't know where they all are within a 50 mile radius :pac:

Interesting idea... they would have a search where I am.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Baked potatoes topped with butter, scallions, sour cream & grated cheese. Crunchy messy deliciousness.

kimokanto wrote: »
    Baked potatoes topped with butter, scallions, sour cream & grated cheese. Crunchy messy deliciousness.

That sounds amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had sausages, rashers, onions and spuds for dinner with a glass of milk.

Now G&T with a few bars of chocolate.

Got dragged out shopping this evening. A tour of lidl, tesco and Iceland. Got some experimental stuff in Iceland. I'll report back later. Heinken for now. Unexpected but short work trip tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Veggie burger and chips :)

• Advertisement

Chips,eggs beans and grilled tomatoes for dinner.

Coffee now with a picnic bar. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Colin Caterpillars from Marks :D

On the recommendation of Srameen, I'm now trying a gin and cucumber tonic, very tasty it is too, it might even persuade me to go back to G&T. ;)

Cheers. :)

On the recommendation of Srameen, I'm now trying a gin and cucumber tonic, very tasty it is too, it might even persuade me to go back to G&T. ;)

Cheers. :)

I drank G&T in my 20s. I graduated to drinking Gin and Red Bull in my late 20s at a time when I would drink the sweat off your back.:D I'm a long time off Spirits now and only enjoy a pint and never ever attempt to start on Spirits or finish on them. I keep a bottle of Hennessy handy for special ocassions. But as a former Gin lover at a time when it was very uncool for a younger person to drink it, I'm astounded by this new Gin thing. Everyone is at it, with mad tonics and all kinds of berries and fruits in it. Even Veg!:eek: All in Goldfish bowl glasses.:D I picked up a bottle of Cucumber Sprite by accident during the summer and fooked it down the drain. Cucumber in my salad, not in my drink.:D

I drank G&T in my 20s. I graduated to drinking Gin and Red Bull in my late 20s at a time when I would drink the sweat off your back.:D I'm a long time off Spirits now and only enjoy a pint and never ever attempt to start on Spirits or finish on them. I keep a bottle of Hennessy handy for special ocassions. But as a former Gin lover at a time when it was very uncool for a younger person to drink it, I'm astounded by this new Gin thing. Everyone is at it, with mad tonics and all kinds of berries and fruits in it. Even Veg!:eek: All in Goldfish bowl glasses.:D I picked up a bottle of Cucumber Sprite by accident during the summer and fooked it down the drain. Cucumber in my salad, not in my drink.:D

:D
    I used to love G&T, but went right off it for some reason, have been on several spirits over the years, but went off them all. My G&T is not in a goldfish glass :D but it has become really popular with young people. I'm a lightweight drinker anyway, so rarely overindulge. This is nice though,it's refreshing. I promise I won't dunk cucumber in it. ;)

EDIT:

I do like a nice white wine though.:)

:D
    I used to love G&T, but went right off it for some reason, have been on several spirits over the years, but went off them all. My G&T is not in a goldfish glass :D but it has become really popular with young people. I'm a lightweight drinker anyway, so rarely overindulge. This is nice though,it's refreshing. I promise I won't dunk cucumber in it. ;)

Ah sure do as you please.:D I'm merely spouting off about my own experience like a grumpy oul bastard. A young grumpy oul bastard though.:D

So this evenings shopping trip didn't result in a Maccy Ds, due to the rush back to the freezer after Iceland. Got a dirty Chipper feed consisting of a quarter pounder and cheese, a bunburger and chips for the girls. I very rarely eat that stuff. So its a cheese sandwich on batch with reheated leftover chips for me!

• Advertisement

I knew batch would be mentioned. :)

Well I have enjoyed my G&T, going to make a cuppa now and then off to bed. :)

I hope Mam of 4 enjoyed my coffee slice, I know I did. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Attempted a very basic version of Grandeeod, Fathom and Whispered's nacho idea.
    EPIC NACHO FAIL
    Melting grated cheese on tortilla crisps only serves to congeal the separate bits into one massive mess. :rolleyes:

Is there some nacho chef secret to keep them from sticking together?

On the positive side, sipping a nice cuppa Chai Tea...

Qv1gyr8.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cheeseburger

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Attempted a very basic version of Grandeeod and Whispered's nacho idea.
    EPIC NACHO FAIL
    Melting grated cheese on tortilla crisps only serves to congeal the separate bits into one massive mess. :rolleyes:

Is there some nacho chef secret to keep them from sticking together?

What meal were you trying to do? Taco or Chili?

Could be tomorrow when I get back to you. Work!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had no power to cook so went and got a mighty munch burger with curry chips and diet coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

mUngbeans

What meal were you trying to do? Taco or Chili?

Could be tomorrow when I get back to you. Work!:D
    Was hoping it would morph into chili topped nacho's, like your lovely pic... Thought I might start off with Fathom's Triple Melt Nachos - which I googled for instructions "put tortilla chips on a plate and nuke grated cheese on top." (which glued the chips together, it did)... Then thought about topping it with either chili (had a can in the pantry) or Whispered's cottage cheese/salsa combo. It did not end up looking anything like your pic, SirG... It was one big crisp 'n cheese BLOB. Do ya just have to say "to hell with it" and crunch it all up with your fork and eat it, like some sort of extra crunchy salad? (twas not what I was expecting for sure).

Don't work too hard, Grandeeod :pac: ....thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Skinny fries, I’m becoming vegan.

Interesting idea... they would have a search where I am.. lol

Just out f interest I checked... Only Mcd in co mayo is Castlebar.. at least an hour away.... We are sooooo civilised out here!

coffee and painkillers... from a packet that arrived in the only post delivery this week. ;)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Do ya just have to say "to hell with it" and crunch it all up with your fork and eat it, like some sort of extra crunchy salad? (twas not what I was expecting for sure).

I never put the grated cheese directly on the nachos. It goes on top of the salsa/chilli.

In my post where I had cottage cheese with it, I didn't heat the cottage cheese at all. I had it on the side in place of yoghurt/sour cream because I was all out.

I never put the grated cheese directly on the nachos. It goes on top of the salsa/chilli.

In my post where I had cottage cheese with it, I didn't heat the cottage cheese at all. I had it on the side in place of yoghurt/sour cream because I was all out.

Thanks, the google instructions said to melt the cheese first, but what a blob it turned into! Will try it atop the chili next time.

Yes, your salsa mixture was a delicious cool topping - rather addicting (altho mine was mild rather than spicy). You could serve it alone as a dip for doritos even - so tasty!

Coffee and toast with blackberry jam. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Windows are washed and the house hoovered, so I think I deserve a couple of mugs of coffee and a "few" biscuits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement