Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ray Mercer KO'd Tim Sylvia in about 5 seconds.

Wonder why more boxers haven't chanced their arm at mma.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

walshb wrote: »
    And more importantly for Conor, Floyd is not some random pro boxer.

Well yes Floyd will most definitely win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

daRobot wrote: »
    Damn right, I could listen to him all day. He's awesome, a real life Brother Mouzone.

Except his pronunciation of S, it drives me nuts the whistle he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

daRobot wrote: »
    Damn right, I could listen to him all day. He's awesome, a real life Brother Mouzone.

Same, a philosopher, a thinker, and a fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

So where is everyone watching the fight,, check out this cool promo please and thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH81W3CXiRs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They way they see it is that they are going to lose €250,000 anyway . So they paid out before the event to gain publicity from all over . Free advertisement really.

Unless Floyd gets caught with that left hand of course :)

Ya wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ya wha?
    I think he's saying that Paddy's are certain that Floyd will win which means that they'll be paying out that €250,000 down the line anyway. Why not pay it out now to garner a bit of publicity for the company. This publicity will come for free unless they are wrong and Conor wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pighead wrote: »
    I think he's saying that Paddy's are certain that Floyd will win which means that they'll be paying out that €250,000 down the line anyway. Why not pay it out now to garner a bit of publicity for the company. This publicity will come for free unless they are wrong and Conor wins.

If he wins it's still free publicity after the fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mayweather: Over 400 rounds Pro Boxing

McGregor: 0

I rest my case.
    Over 400 pro rounds? No he hasn't. Jesus man, a bit of effort wouldn't hurt.
    Nobody will take your trolling seriously if don't take it seriously yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

if mcgregor actually pulls this off id say bookies stand to lose a hell of alot of money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mellor wrote: »

I did see a tale of the tape for this fight and it stated Mayweather's total rounds. It wasn't over 400 but it was close 370 or 380, something like that. Was that pro rounds or was that including amateur rounds as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Mellor wrote: »

Well 387 . He wasn't far off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Inviere wrote: »
    If you feel the way you do about the fight, and that it's a foregone conclusion, McGregor has no chance etc...what do you get out of 'contributing' to this thread? Is it not a giant waste of your time?

Himself and the vast majority of those boxing fans who have sneered at this fight, in one way or the other, are massively interested in it........ that's what they get out of it. Sure the sheer amount of posts from them on this thread alone is a testament to that but if that isn't proof enough, just go and take a quick look at their post counts on the MayMac thread in the Boxing forum, where combined they have thousands of posts between them.

They keep saying GGG - Canelo is a real boxing fight, and that they are much more interested in that, but yet the GGG - Canelo thread only has 170 odd posts in it (three weeks out from the fight) and there hasn't been a single post on that thread in almost a week!! So take a pinch of salt with all that high brow purist bollox talk. Truth is, win lose or draw, McGregor has changed their bum lives and given them a fight they actually want to talk about, despite their protestations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

If anyone wants to give this a spin...

https://mma-today.com/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-money-grab-tooth

Just an antidote to the "moneygrab", "farce", "joke" takes.

Great article mate, keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Himself and the vast majority of those boxing fans who have sneered at this fight, in one way or the other, are massively interested in it........ that's what they get out of it. Sure the sheer amount of posts from them on this thread alone is a testament to that but if that isn't proof enough, just go and take a quick look at their post counts on the MayMac thread in the Boxing forum, where combined they have thousands of posts between them.

They keep saying GGG - Canelo is a real boxing fight, and that they are much more interested in that, but yet the GGG - Canelo thread only has 170 odd posts in it (three weeks out from the fight) and there hasn't been a single post on that thread in almost a week!! So take a pinch of salt with all that high brow purist bollox talk. Truth is, win lose or draw, McGregor has changed their bum lives and given them a fight they actually want to talk about, despite their protestations.

They are truly deluded.

You are too emotionally invested in Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Ariel just released a sit-down with Mayweather

You are too emotionally invested in Conor

What's the opposite of that? Too negatively invested? Goes both ways, and his point about Canelo vs GGG hits the nail on the head. Biggest super fight in years and it doesn't get a fraction of the posts that MayMac does in the boxing forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well 387 . He wasn't far off ?
    377 I believe. I never said it wasn't close. But it was clearly a half assed guess.

I'm just asking if lads are going to troll, then at least put some effort in. A monumental fight like this deserves the effort imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Robin Black? I haven't seen him in months after he got the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

100% agree.

But if (and I mean a massive IF) Mayweather or some other boxer were to go into the MMA octagon, I would hope the MMA would have the decency to avoid stooping to the same WUM tactics on the boxing forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

everlast75 wrote: »
    100% agree.

But if (and I mean a massive IF) Mayweather or some other boxer were to go into the MMA octagon, I would hope the MMA would have the decency to avoid stooping to the same WUM tactics on the boxing forum.

I believe they would. I'm sure it's not all boxing purists who go on like this, undoubtedly, there are many good genuine ones, but fook me the immaturity is unreal. That exists on the MMA side too, but seems far less here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

fitzparker wrote: »
    this is brilliant! fight just got real, they only went and did this at kilmacanogue.

for years it was "free bobby sands"

now this!!!!

Attachment not found.

Edit: if someone can post the pic as i haven't a clue

Another view here... https://www.facebook.com/skycamireland/

426080.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

4am in a nightclub

hes trying to hard

Lukker- wrote: »
    What's the opposite of that? Too negatively invested? Goes both ways, and his point about Canelo vs GGG hits the nail on the head. Biggest super fight in years and it doesn't get a fraction of the posts that MayMac does in the boxing forum.

If people werent going onto a boxing thread backing somebody who never boxed before to beat an all time great boxer then there would be hardly any posts on it . That simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Floyd:
    "From what I was told, I've been hearing a lot about him getting IV bags".

Ariel:
    "You're being told that he's been using IV bags?"

Floyd:
    "No, now you're putting words in my mouth, don't do that!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

here's my specific hope for the fight.

Opening bell and McGregor runs at Mayweather. He literally charges the mofo. Tight guard up he bullies Mayweather into the ropes/corner and unleashes. Ref breaks it up. As soon as the ref indicates fight to go ahead, McG does the same.

I know it may not be pure but I hope McG uses all tactics available, not caring for docked points, the off clash of heads, low blow. Mayweather starts to look to the ref to do something but all the ref does is dock a point here and there. Mayweather understands he is in the ring with a guy who just cares about knocking him out and isn't in it for the beautiful sport that it is. Queensbury has gone out the ****ing window. Flod loses his usual composure and is a little unsure.

McGregor wears him down with the clinch and as he shoves Mayweather onto the ropes, he uses his knee to knock Floyd's putting him off balance and knocks Floyd the **** out!

That's my hope!

What I think will happen - FM will TKO McGregor within 4 rounds :(

• Advertisement

Floyd:

Ariel:

Floyd:

Floyd would be the first to know if that was the case. USADA caught him in the act for the Pacquaio fight and granted him a retroactive TUE (something you won't see any UFC ever get)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement