Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dw5600e

Ohh369 wrote: »
    Is there anyone going through the ASO process still here?!

I’m not but I know someone who is

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

Dw5600e wrote: »
    Is there anyone going through the ASO process still here?!

I’m not but I know someone who is

I would just love to know where everyone else is at with it all? Has the person you know had their smt or been offered a position? The wait is killing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dw5600e

I would just love to know where everyone else is at with it all? Has the person you know had their smt or been offered a position? The wait is killing!

No they’re waiting on smt. Take it that’s where you’re at also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

There was an intake of CDO’s in August and the Call Handlers earlier this month so hopefully shouldn’t be too long however I am on the internal promotion list and been told it could be six months before I get offered a new post so just hang in there!!

Thank you! Yeah I’m just waiting on smt but glad to hear other people are in the same boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Hi I had my sky today! Asked the guy what stage I could possibly be at and he said the end... They wouldn't spend money on the smt if u weren't already vetted! Anyone got any idea on how many jobs there are etc?

Sorry that was to read I had my smt today!

sharon1986 wrote: »
    Hi I had my sky today! Asked the guy what stage I could possibly be at and he said the end... They wouldn't spend money on the smt if u weren't already vetted! Anyone got any idea on how many jobs there are etc?

Is that for the ASO? That’s really good news! I’m glad to hear there’s been some movement. I would agree, I don’t think they’d spend money unless the vetting had been done. I presume you didn’t receive any confirmation of successful vetting/medical?

Another poster had submitted a FOI request that had some helpful info on applicants and available roles - I will repost below!

FOI from Banterbus;

Request 1
    1. Can you please provide the total number of applicants for the following positions;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler
    C. Administrative Support Officer

Answer 1
    The total number of applicants for the following positions was;
    A. Dispatcher 779
    B. Call Handler 718
    C. Administrative Support Officer 2596

Request 2
    2. Can you please provide the number of candidates who have passed shortlisting for;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler

Answer 2
    The total number of candidates who passed shortlisting was;
    A. Dispatcher 677
    B. Call Handler 507
    C. Administrative Support Officer 145 shortlisted following testing.

Request 3
    Can you please, if possible, indicate the number posts expected to be filled from the following
    campaigns;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler

Answer 3
    The number of posts expected to be filled from the following campaigns was;
    A. Dispatcher 17
    B. Call Handler 23
    C. Administrative Support Officer 38

The above figures are a projection and may be subject to variation +/- in response to organisational
    need.

Request 4
    Will reserve lists be formed from the above campaigns?

Answer 4
    Merit lists for all Police Service of Northern Ireland remain “live” for a period of 12 months and can be
    used to fill future vacancies as and when they arise.

I'm just worried that il be on the merit list and never be offered anything! He said he had 11 SMTs yesterday and they were also doing them at a different location as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sweetzone

Hi has anyone heard anymore on the Dispatcher jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Sweetzone wrote: »
    Hi has anyone heard anymore on the Dispatcher jobs..

Emails were sent out last the other week asking if you still wished to be considered for the post, all you had to do was respond and they said they would send out vetting forms and medical forms ect...... but haven't heard since then.

I never got any email, I must be far down the merit list

Hi everyone
    For people who applied for dispatcher roles and are in the merit pool but didn't get the email last week...I rang the recruitment line an was told I'm on the 2nd list, the girl didn't give me very much info an I'm still no further forward in actually knowing what will happen as she couldn't tell me.
    Is anyone else in the same boat as me or does anyone know what my chances might be of actually getting a job..This wait is literally killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Sweetzone wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    For people who applied for dispatcher roles and are in the merit pool but didn't get the email last week...I rang the recruitment line an was told I'm on the 2nd list, the girl didn't give me very much info an I'm still no further forward in actually knowing what will happen as she couldn't tell me.
    Is anyone else in the same boat as me or does anyone know what my chances might be of actually getting a job..This wait is literally killing me...
    im in the same boat as you sweetzone , haven't received an e-mail but haven't rang to see which merit pool I am in. hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel

I hope so Nb1234...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I know it’s not strictly PSNI staff related but I had my NIFRS aptitude test today... that was most definitely one of the weirdest and most obscure aptitude tests that I have done in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Blondamundo

Ive the online assessment to get done for the dispatcher. Tomorrow night is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Dispatchers updated email sent there.

Basically if you haven't already been recruited, we won't hear anything until Easter 19!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Dispatchers updated email sent there.

Basically if you haven't already been recruited, we won't hear anything until Easter 19!
    At least they didn't just leave us sitting in the dark!

• Advertisement

sharon1986 wrote: »
    I'm just worried that il be on the merit list and never be offered anything! He said he had 11 SMTs yesterday and they were also doing them at a different location as well

Any update from your smt (or anyone else’s)?? Hope you’ve had some movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Simonsays132

Got through to final stages for ASO, looks as though this is the 3rd batch of people from this recruitment. Just medical, vetting and online learning to do. Called 101 and said it would take around 2/3 months in total until in the job. So now just waiting to see what happens.

Got through to final stages for ASO, looks as though this is the 3rd batch of people from this recruitment. Just medical, vetting and online learning to do. Called 101 and said it would take around 2/3 months in total until in the job. So now just waiting to see what happens.

Good luck with the next stages!

It’s good to hear about the 2/3 months thing. I think I was 2nd batch and its been around 9 weeks since I started the vetting and medical process so hopefully not too much longer. Would love to know if anyone from the 1st batch has started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Good luck with the next stages!

It’s good to hear about the 2/3 months thing. I think I was 2nd batch and its been around 9 weeks since I started the vetting and medical process so hopefully not too much longer. Would love to know if anyone from the 1st batch has started!

Public sector is always slow.

I'm a silly servant (PSNI staff are under NICS T&Cs)

Took 8 months from application to interview then another 3 months to starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tceuen28t

completed the IST test last week- due to hear the results of this by 13th December

anyone else in this stage??

Very quiet round here!! Any ASO still hanging around?

Hi has anyone heard anything more about the dispatcher posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nooboo

Very quiet round here!! Any ASO still hanging around?

Yep, still waiting.

nooboo wrote: »
    Yep, still waiting.

I’m starting to lose hope! Have you heard anything since the email in January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nooboo

I’m starting to lose hope! Have you heard anything since the email in January?

Me too a little. I might give the recruitment team a call tomorrow to see if they have made any offers yet. I haven't heard anything since my SMT towards the end of January.

Advertisement