Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's the funny here?

eWDFaRw.jpg

No idea, who is the woman on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wilser wrote: »
    No idea, who is the woman on the left?
    Brie Larson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'd say it's a Captain Marvel joke. Captain Marvel was a bloke before but died. Now she is Captain Marvel. The actress is Brie Larson.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Same facial expression maybe? Whatever it is noone can see anything funny there so I deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

astrofluff wrote: »
    I'd say it's a Captain Marvel joke. Captain Marvel was a bloke before but died. Now she is Captain Marvel. The actress is Brie Larson.

I know all that but what does it have to do with Michael Myers? Are there nega bands involved?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Was it a 2009 Vs. 2019 thing? I still don't get it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I know all that but what does it have to do with Michael Myers? Are there nega bands involved?

Yeah, I've done a search to find any links and I have pretty much nothing else that's of substance. This one has gone completely over our heads.

The only thing, as previously suggested, is perhaps the facial expression, with the mask symbolising the emptiness of her persona.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Danny_B wrote: »

WD40 advert from 1964

Attachment not found.

Once I see "genuine" in a post I'm inevitably going to Google it!
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wd40-ad/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yeah, I've done a search to find any links and I have pretty much nothing else that's of substance. This one has gone completely over our heads.

The only thing, as previously suggested, is perhaps the facial expression, with the mask symbolising the emptiness of her persona.

Or it was a nonsense post, like a few a couple of years ago that someone posted just to make everyone wonder what they meant (they meant nothing, BTW, and, IIRC, even at the time the poster never bothered to explain).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Brie Larson was told to smile more when the trailer for Captain Marvel released last September. I assume that's why she was compared to the expressionless Michael Myers mask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Brie Larson was told to smile more when the trailer for Captain Marvel released last September. I assume that's why she was compared to the expressionless Michael Myers mask.

Yup, that's it. There was a similar, but wholly more obvious, meme on funsubstance or 9gag in the last couple of days. I'll see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

What did i miss on thw nazi friend pic?

:D:D:D

The username.... the username!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

H is the eight letter in the alphabet. 88 is a number that Nazis like because it would be HH which is short for Heil Hitler. A lot of online Nazis have 88 of 1488 in their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,922 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

H is the eight letter in the alphabet. 88 is a number that Nazis like because it would be HH which is short for Heil Hitler. A lot of online Nazis have 88 of 1488 in their names.

I thought it was because 88t looked like SS :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

Quazzie wrote: »
    I thought it was because 88t looked like SS :o

I always think of the 88 (flak gun) in WWII :rolleyes:

From Urban Dictionary (which lists a whole rake of non-Nazi references):
    3. Nazi skinhead code for Heil Hitler. H being the 8th letter of the alphabet, therefore 88=HH=Heil Hitler. Often found at the end of Nazi members' e-mail addressees and signatures.

4. The 88mm Anti-aircraft vehicle was a greatly feared Nazi weapon during WWII; because of this weapon, Nazi's were sometimes referred to as 88's.

5. David Lane, a convicted neo-nazi, wrote "88 Precepts," a book outlining the methods needed to establish an all-white community.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Hmmmmmmm. u/gasthejews88 :D

Yeah, we got THAT part. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Spaceman?

gozunda wrote: »
    Spaceman?

Flat earth

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What if you were born in 1988?

New Home wrote: »
    From Urban Dictionary (which lists a whole rake of non-Nazi references):
    3. Nazi skinhead code for Heil Hitler. H being the 8th letter of the alphabet, therefore 88=HH=Heil Hitler. Often found at the end of Nazi members' e-mail addressees and signatures.

4. The 88mm Anti-aircraft vehicle was a greatly feared Nazi weapon during WWII; because of this weapon, Nazi's were sometimes referred to as 88's.

5. David Lane, a convicted neo-nazi, wrote "88 Precepts," a book outlining the methods needed to establish an all-white community.
    Another one was the use of "55" in CW by older German radio operators, they used to do "HH" until they couldn't, so changed to "55" instead.

In CW, HH .... .... and 55 ..... .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Then you must be a nazi...... simple!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

You'd be 31 this year. Duh.

:pac:

Guffy wrote: »
    Flat earth

Photoshop? :pac:

:D

Photoshop? :pac:

What are you on about? Its clear proof!!

Guffy wrote: »
    What are you on about? Its clear proof!!

Of course it is ;). Would you be interested in investing in a diamond mine in Co Offaly by any chance?

Of course it is ;). Would you be interested in investing in a diamond mine in co Offaly by any chance?

I told you before, Gozunda, stop trying to sell MY stuff behind my back! :mad: I'm still heartbroken about those acres I had on the Moon, I'll never get them back, now, and I didn't see a cent of the profits you made! I still don't know why my solicitor won't let me sue you...

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    I told you before, Gozunda, stop trying to sell MY stuff behind my back! :mad: I'm still heartbroken about those acres I had on the Moon, I'll never get them back, now, and I didn't see a cent of the profits you made! I still don't know why my solicitor won't let me sue you...

Ah you've got me:( it's ok you can have the diamond mine in Co Offaly for free. I can take the guilt no longer* ....

* takes myself out the back for a good talking too ...

Advertisement