Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

@mods, what's the verdict on posting a phone number I got for VW support? It's a Dublin number that my mum got from the VW salesman for helping with connection issues

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

We were having issues yesterday in the dealership, two things the check:

1 - Swipe down from the top of the touchscreen and make sure "Offline Mode" is off. You should see the signal bars on the left side of the touchscreen has good signal

2 - Try again somewhere else. We weren't able to get it to work in the dealership but tried again 30 mins later in the coffee shop down the road and it worked then. I think the internet signal in the dealership wasn't great

My mum got some customer support numbers for VW, I'll see if I can get them if needed

Yeah signal was bad at the dealer. It worked after 15 minutes though so all good. Love the moonstone colour. Looks even better in flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Collected mine today.Attachment not found.

Very nice well wear. Nice sparkle in the sun.

Couple of photos

Looks great well wear !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭yer man!

Couple of photos

Does the dealer sticker on the back window obstruct the view? I think that would be driving me mad. VW dealers all seem to do the vertical centered sticker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

yer man! wrote: »
    Does the dealer sticker on the back window obstruct the view? I think that would be driving me mad. VW dealers all seem to do the vertical centered sticker.

First thing I'd get rid of
    Second thing would be the tax and insurance disc holder, I'd move them to top of windshield where they don't block the view

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am collecting on Monday. Asked for no advertising stickers including bar below number plates.
    Hate them all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Got rid of mine, when I got home. Now I need to figure how to get rid of the frame around the number plate. It is not immediately obvious how to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Couple of photos

Nice photos, from your reg and mine, I'm guessing blackwater motors delivered at least 4 today. Hope you had a nice walk by the water and well ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Nah, I don't mind it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,033 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Got rid of mine, when I got home. Now I need to figure how to get rid of the frame around the number plate. It is not immediately obvious how to remove it.

You need a whole new surround

I got a plain black gloss one from Amazon to get rid of the Audi dealer details on mine

Nice photos, from your reg and mine, I'm guessing blackwater motors delivered at least 4 today. Hope you had a nice walk by the water and well ware.

I think I was the 1st, he even took a photo for their fb page:) We spent most the time feeding the baby in the car so no walking today:)

Cyrus wrote: »
    You need a whole new surround

I got a plain black gloss one from Amazon to get rid of the Audi dealer details on mine

If your getting pressed plates make sure they fit the new surrounds.
    I bought surrounds recently and the wouldn't fit.
    Ended up spray painting the dealer surround black and it was spot on.
    Wasted 20e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the view like out the back window? That spoiler looks quite low.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's the view like out the back window? That spoiler looks quite low.

Not great, it’s very small when compared to my (now wife’s) golf estate. Tbh I didn’t really have time to look into, I was trying not to get caught speeding...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

For insurance are you using for quote price of the car before or after grants? does it matter?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kris_2021 wrote: »
    For insurance are you using for quote price of the car before or after grants? does it matter?

usually doesn't affect the price much, but it would be the cost of replacing the car, so after grants.

Apologies if this has been answered previously.
    What is the process for claiming back the SEAI Grant for the wall charger?
    I have ordered the wall charger and installation and paid in full.
    When and how does can SEAI rebate be claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Seems rather expensive to me, 601 - 646 pm.

What Kms does this allow per year ?

No idea, this was manual calculation based on some assumptions. Perhaps someone who is in touch with VW dealership will be able to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Apologies if this has been answered previously.
    What is the process for claiming back the SEAI Grant for the wall charger?
    I have ordered the wall charger and installation and paid in full.
    When and how does can SEAI rebate be claimed.

You have to apply for the grant and get a letter of approval from the SEAI BEFORE you do any work.

If you have already completed the work and you have not got that letter from the SEAI you are out of luck.

Its all detailed on their website
    https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/electric-vehicle-home-charger-grant/

• Advertisement

September1 wrote: »
    No idea, this was manual calculation based on some assumptions. Perhaps someone who is in touch with VW dealership will be able to confirm it.

If yearly kms is low then 600 odd per month is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fourthoffice

KCross wrote: »
    You have to apply for the grant and get a letter of approval from the SEAI BEFORE you do any work.

If you have already completed the work and you have not got that letter from the SEAI you are out of luck.

Its all detailed on their website

How would SEAI know if you had carried out any work ? Surely if all the paper work has dates after the letter of offer all would be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

How would SEAI know if you had carried out any work ? Surely if all the paper work has dates after the letter of offer all would be OK

They will look for invoices and electrician certs which are all dated, so unless you can get him to lie on your behalf they will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

If yearly kms is low then 600 odd per month is a lot.

I guess it is, but if someone is for small monthly payment then PCP could be better option.

September1 wrote: »
    I guess it is, but if someone is for small monthly payment then PCP could be better option.

I thought that was for pcp ok that's different then lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Spotter this today in Cork. Have to say the moonstone grey colour looks fantastic in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Spotter this today in Cork. Have to say the moonstone grey colour looks fantastic in the flesh.

Must be afraid of getting a scratch with parking like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Must be afraid of getting a scratch with parking like that :pac:

Proper order. Especially the way the car next to it is parked

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

L-M wrote: »
    Proper order. Especially the way the car next to it is parked

I would have found a new space, over the far side with nothing around!! There's a chance someone would cut the corner there and clip the front driver side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

PaulRyan97 wrote: »

That's Rusky Rusky's. He only got it yesterday.

Advertisement