Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ouch, cheers!

In 45 mins you should recover about 65%, so still plenty of power

The ID.3 also comes with a 3 pin adapter which allows you to charge form any normal plug. It's only rated for 2kW so slow as hell but depending on your mileage it'll probably be enough until you get a home charger sorted

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Thinking of changing over to an ID3. Have been doing lots of research on the spec and tech available under each of the trim levels. Live in Kilkenny work in Dublin although only need to drive there maybe 1 a week if not 2 weeks approx 270km door to door round trip. If you were me would you try go the extra for the tour and get the bigger battery or go tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’ll be doing a similar spin ( albeit more frequently) and got the tour just to have a bit of a buffer for cold weather or setting off with less than 100% charge. Time will tell if I actually need that range.

Thinking of changing over to an ID3. Have been doing lots of research on the spec and tech available under each of the trim levels. Live in Kilkenny work in Dublin although only need to drive there maybe 1 a week if not 2 weeks approx 270km door to door round trip. If you were me would you try go the extra for the tour and get the bigger battery or go tech.

You should make it in the 58kWh with at most one charge. Assuming you don't have a charger in work

Plus you've Ionity in Kill, and a high powered charger at Kilcullen, so there's decent charging en route

So the difference between the 58 and 77kWh is that you'll need to make a short charging stop on cold (0C) days with the smaller battery, but no stops on milder days

If it's once a week, personally I'd save the money on the smaller battery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Was looking at the distances of motorway. Looks to be about 200km and the remainder at 100km/h or less. Does that sound right? I reckon I could do that winter or summer in my 58kWh, but in the coldest weather may not leave much spare. If I was doing that trip regularly I think I would prefer the 77kWh.
    As Raisin says there are convenient stops on that route. Alternatively slow a little in the coldest weather..

• Advertisement

It's better to have the range than want it. Simple as, avoid public charging as much as you can.

The Tour 4 and Tour 5 have travel assist too so should make the motorway commutes a lot easier at least that's what I'm hoping but this time around I wanted as much battery as I can get to reduce the need for public charging, the network is still a joke especially in the south west, west and north west etc.

So while the Tech has more toys do think carefully if you think it would be better to have a lot more range which means less time charging or if a glass roof and a heads up display is more important, just one time in a charging queue can have the potential for anything up to 3 hrs wait especially if the other drivers want to stay for as much juice as they can tolerate waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The Tour has all the tech AND the range doesn't it? Only thing it's missing is the 360° camera?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The Tour has all the tech AND the range doesn't it? Only thing it's missing is the 360° camera?

And the panoramic roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

fits wrote: »
    And the panoramic roof?

Tour 4 has it not 5 I believe.

Tour 4 has it not 5 I believe.

No tour 4 doesn’t. Would make car too heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

fits wrote: »
    No tour 4 doesn’t. Would make car too heavy.

I read the specs as tour4 has.. in addition to style . The style has the p roof.
    The tour5 has ...in addition to business., which doesn’t have the p roof.

I read the specs as tour4 has.. in addition to style . The style has the p roof.
    The tour5 has ...in addition to business., which doesn’t have the p roof.

I thought same as you but apparently it doesn’t. Silent running has a tour.

Yeah correct, no glass roof in the Tour or Tour 5.

Suits me, not a fan. Nice to look at but too hot and bright on a warm day and too hard to keep clean when you have vengeful birds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

THE ALM wrote: »
    All good to go with a short 30min drive back to work. Into cruise control and not a worry through towns and villages, very relaxed. Bigger test at the weekend with the trip north.

Unfortunately the charger in the destination town in knackered by the looks of things and has been for a while. Some installed in the new hotel so will see what the story is there, might be a visit for a nice meal if nothing else.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

I looked at that car in Keane’s. stunning colour in the metal. Another 211 RN as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Seeing that Skoda allow you to fully spec their ev, and that many people are giving out about not being able to do the save with vw evs Anyone reckon vw will change their tune and allow people spec the cars out to what suits them

adam88 wrote: »
    Seeing that Skoda allow you to fully spec their ev, and that many people are giving out about not being able to do the save with vw evs Anyone reckon vw will change their tune and allow people spec the cars out to what suits them

Yes. I think there are changes coming soon. Apparently there are more options in Germany now. We went for the tour as I needed good seats along with the range but probably wouldn’t have ordered all the tech on it otherwise.

Our zappi has arrived. Electrician is booked for three weeks time. He has a good few jobs to do so not sure what charger installation will come to. It should be a simple enough job.

adam88 wrote: »

Eventually yes, I think they will

At the moment VW is sticking to fixed specs to make manufacturing easier, they can predict parts more accurately

I think they'll introduce more options in the future, but it might be a year or two considering the current issues with supply chains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I looked at that car in Keane’s. stunning colour in the metal. Another 211 RN as well :)

Thanks, not a colour I would have picked but it does stand out for sure, people do take a second look.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The second hand one in the turquoise that was available in Donohue's in Enniscothy was sold as well. Did anyone in here buy it?

• Advertisement

Seen reports in the UK that VW are to start offering more customisation shortly, a proper "build your own car" kinda deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

did a test drive yesterday; was nice but coming from the egolf i can't say that it blew me away. it was however much, much nicer than the 2nd hand kona i test drove immediately afterwards. that thing was horrible and i won't ever look at one again.

on the id3 can someone tell me

1. does it have a SD memory card slot? i've currently got all my music on a SD card which is picked up by the media player. i really like that.

2. is the id3 ready to go with a hitch? it's for the bikes.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Seen reports in the UK that VW are to start offering more customisation shortly, a proper "build your own car" kinda deal.

By the time that comes around the 0% pcp offer could be gone so it’s six of one etc.... I think there are more configuring options in Germany now.

did a test drive yesterday; was nice but coming from the egolf i can't say that it blew me away. it was however much, much nicer than the 2nd hand kona i test drove immediately afterwards. that thing was horrible and i won't ever look at one again.

1. does it have a SD memory card slot? i've currently got all my music on a SD card which is picked up by the media player. i really like that.

2. is the id3 ready to go with a hitch? it's for the bikes.

1. No, you can connect a USB drive with a USB-C adaptor and you can get your music that way

2. No tow hitches, car isn't rated for them. ID.4 can have a tow hitch added

EDIT: Correction, there is an option for a bike carrier tow hitch for the ID.3. It was only available on the 1st Max trims previously, maybe it's more widely available now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

when i test drove one back last year, the dealer said there was a tow bar option, for bikes etc, not rated for towing

cant remember the price, but remember thinking it was expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Hello
    Hoping to pull the trigger on a ID.3 Life in coming days - anyone ever upgrade the steel wheels to alloys? Dealer looking for €1,200 which seems very expensive - are there better options I.e would standard gold wheels fit.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

kevin101 wrote: »
    Hello
    Hoping to pull the trigger on a ID.3 Life in coming days - anyone ever upgrade the steel wheels to alloys? Dealer looking for €1,200 which seems very expensive - are there better options I.e would standard gold wheels fit.
    Thanks

I was told there's a deal for alloys at around €950. Not sure it's worth it even at that, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

You could also pick up a usb-c sd card reader

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

Short answer, no, VW Ireland aren't giving any discounts. Dealer can discount but it comes out of their pocket AFAIK. It'll come down to how desperate for a sale they are
    So the deal to be had is in Kerry? :)
    Healy-Rae types of dealers, anti-EV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

fafy wrote:
    Best advice, is shop around, make lots of calls, send lots of emails, have been busy getting prices myself, got 3 quotes in today for exact same vehicle, Life ID3 204hp with metallic, highest so far was 33.4k, and lowest was 30.75k,(another was 31k) all straight sale, albeit the lower prices, would be whats instock,so a limited colour choice.

Would you pm me locations? Seriously interested and 2500 makes a difference!

Advertisement