Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir/Eircom Broadband outage today / tonight.

Options
  • 30-06-2019 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I experienced number of few minute long outages today. Dublin South.
    I wonder if anyone know possible reason? Is it wider problem, or maybe just my?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Same as yesterday, I got connection issues again. Can't find any contact with eir support to even ask if they are aware doing somethng with the line or what. DSL icon on modem just started to blink and then went down for 10 minutes. Than back to life for 5minutes and down again. Very frustrating as I am trying to do some extra work online.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On the face of it you've a poor connection that is failing during peak time noise. You need to spend a few hours trying to get through to diagnose with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is your phone line running through any branches that might have worn through the insulation and caused a short or break in the copper wire. Has your landline phone any interference while on a voice call like a scratching noise which would also indicate worn through insulation on the copper line. If either of the copper pair is broken the line will have no audio at all.

I got no information so far from Eir(com) unfortunately.
    My issue is strangely time specific - I usually have no issued during days and evening - until midnight when problems start. For the first time I haven't notice, but after few days I can nearly be sure it's time related. It can be some maintenance work from Eir, can be something else or even some bizarre coincidence. That's why I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Exchange side maintenance would happen at most frequent every 6 months. Most things are done with no downtime at all.

The DSL light flashing is your modem losing its connection to the exchange and trying to reestablish it. You need to work it out with the support teams.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    The DSL light flashing is your modem losing its connection to the exchange and trying to reestablish it. You need to work it out with the support teams.

I tried to contact support but got no response at the time of issues occurs.
    I may try to contact then during the day but it's pretty awkward to complain about something working now just because it may not work later if you know what I mean.
    I asked here just in case there is wider problem and some other people can help but it seems it is just me.

Advertisement