Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First A4 race Saturday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Raymzor wrote: »
    I think you are right!

This a picture following a clean up after one of the first races this year!!!Attachment not found.

Flying wrappers always catch me by surprise. In adventure/outdoor sports the leave no trace principle was drilled into us. I do wonder what diet the other half were brought up on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think dumping wrappers should result in instant and unquestionable disqualification at every level. I've been hit in the face by a wrapper mid race!
    One race I was in I was in the breakaway, we caught the Under 16's race, a couple of them took on gels and threw them into the ditch, I told them not to do it and they told me to **** off before sitting in on us :rolleyes:
    Told the comms after with numbers and nothing was done.

If I was in a road club that's what I'd be proposing for the AGM. It's absolutely indefensible.

Rant over, it's something that really, really pisses me off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd be more of a prick, once the comms do nothing I'd be up on their clubs Twitter account and shame there behaviour. I have enough friends, time to make some enemies. Tag CI while I am at it,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

No reason to dump the wrappers, put them in a pocket or just inside your Jersey somwhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Need to see pros making more of an effort regarding dumping stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

De Bhál wrote: »
    Need to see pros making more of an effort regarding dumping stuff

Well at least at pro races they is normally a clean up crew

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Well at least at pro races they is normally a clean up crew

They pros have zones where stuff gets eaten, dropped and have the privilege of someone else to tidy up. This promotes the wrong behavior.

The day where all the wrappers were dropped was horrendously wet.

The comms need to emphasize the importance of the proper behavior. Leaving a mess behind is one sure way to piss of the residents and can cause potential issues for races going ahead in future. I know early in 2018 it was mentioned at the start of many races by comms and race organizers.

Advertisement