Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir acknowledge problems with eircom.net emails

Options
  • 20-11-2019 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have a business email address (info@mycompanyname.ie) which I use via Outlook on my computer and my iPhone.

I have been having problems for quite some time with emails sent to eircom.net email addresses. (Only a handful and all private email addresses, not commercial)

If I send an email to an eircom.net address, it goes straight into their Spam/Junk folder.

If they retrieve the email and put it in their Inbox and reply to it, it won't send.

If they highlight the email in their Spam folder and click Not Spam, it is moved to their Inbox, but a reply still won't send.

Through trial and error, I have discovered that the problem is my website address which appears under my name in my email template. If I remove it, or make it non-HTML, eircom.net addresses will receive emails in their Inbox and they can reply to them. Given that none of my business clients have a problem, I haven't done this.

I wrote to Eir about this a week ago (at the insistence of one of their reps on Twitter) and I got a reply this morning saying that they are aware of this problem and they are working on a fix.

This has been going on for months. My web and email hosts have confirmed that there is nothing wrong at my end. It is eircom.net 's Spam filter with respect to certain website addresses. Why mine should be one (I'm a sole trader) I have no idea.

Anyone with an eircom.net address is asking for trouble. Some day, Eir will drop them and leave them high and dry. Anyone running a business using an eircom.net email address is daft.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I wrote to Eir support about my problem.

I received this reply this morning.

"Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your recent email to our Email security team,
    In relation to your query, unfortunately there isn't anything we can do as one of the servers on our end has been blacklisted and we are working on getting it whitelisted.
    Apologies for any inconvenience."

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

poor form.

and Eir Support sound like the yare all from the Kinahan v Hutch gang

Advertisement