Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar PV Performance Thread - Post your monthly output

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

2.52kWp south facing, Dublin city, installed Dec 12th 2020.

December total 58.4kWh
    January total 82.6kWh
    February total 148.3kWh
    March total 222.8kWh
    April total 327.2kWh
    May total 345.6kWh
    June total 341.1 kWh

Highest - June 19th (16.1kWh)
    Lowest - June 25th (3.5kWh)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

June Stats
    6.2kWp (2.8 south/3.4 west), 4.8kWh battery, Zappi & Eddi – Donegal

Generation – 666.3kWh
    Export – 117kWh
    Import – 266.1kWh

Best day - 26th, 39.2kWh
    Worst day - 24th, 7.9kWh

Horrible month, only broke 30kWh 5 times and dropped as low as 7.9kWh. Miserable weather on the whole. Not a lot of rain but just constantly overcast with the occasional nice day. I had predicted just over 710kWh, managed about 93% of prediction. My best day and worst day were only 2 days apart which sums up how odd the month was.

Aug - 572.1
    Sep - 437.2
    Oct - 254.3
    Nov - 106.4
    Dec - 68.3
    Jan - 100.6
    Feb - 187.5
    Mar - 316.9
    Apr - 658.5
    May - 772.2
    Jun - 666.3

1 month left and I'll have my first full calendar year of data. Probably going to hit about 4,800kWh.

Also my 20kWh of battery storage is currently winging its way to my door as we speak so that export figure should never be as high again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

June 960kWh

6kWh system south facing ground mount 30 degree incline in the south east corner.

That's phenomenal for a 6kw system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

garo wrote: »
    June 2020(kWh):
    Production: 491 (559 predicted)
    Consumption: 456 (495 pred.)
    Import: 161 (80d, 81n) (138 pred.)
    Export: 196 (202 pred.)

Best day: 8th: 31.4
    Worst day: 6th: 4.9
    4.8kW EW Dublin. 2.4kWh battery

June 2021(kWh):
    Production: 663 (559 predicted)
    Consumption: 772
    Import: 213 (62d, 151n) (Had to charge car once at night rate)
    Export: 90 (202 pred.)

Best day: 3rd: 32
    Worst day: 25th: 9.3

Much better June than last year and better than last month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

June 3Kw South East - Cork
    Total 296Kwh
    Best - June 13th 16.2kwh
    Worst - June 2nd 4kwh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Midlands
    4.1kWp SW, 3.3kWp NE
    529kW imported
    824.5kWh Generated
    713.2kWh consumed
    340kWh to Eddi
    111kWh to Zappi
    Highest was 26th, 42.6kWh
    Lowest was 2nd, 12.2kWh
    57% self sufficient for month
    Import is 82% night rate due to commute increase and EV charging at night

Monthly cash saving based on average daily load and all non-load items like dishwasher/washing machine/immersion at night rate, €88.68

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

kabakuyu wrote: »
    2.5 kwp south installed on the 11/5.
    21 days in total delivered 267kwh.
    High was 18.9kwh on 19/5
    Low was 3.00kwh on 27/5
    Daily average was 12.7 kwh
    Output peaked at 2.77kwh for brief periods.
    All in all I am happy with the figures, will see how June stacks up.Think I got solar at the right time, electricity prices are on the up again.:(

First full month produced 305.3 kwh.
    2.5 kwp system south facing, Galway.
    Best day 18.4 on 6/6.
    Low was 3.7 on 15/6.
    Daily average was 10.16.
    Weather was pretty dismal here , at least twelve dark gloomy days with little produced, I have yet to get the perfect curve of production.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭championc

kabakuyu wrote: »
    First full month produced 305.3 kwh.
    2.5 kwp system south facing, Galway.
    Best day 18.4 on 6/6.
    Low was 3.7 on 15/6.
    Daily average was 10.16.
    Weather was pretty dismal here , at least twelve dark gloomy days with little produced, I have yet to get the perfect curve of production.

While you may feel somewhat disappointed, your self is possibly over 90% which maximizes the ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

championc wrote: »
    While you may feel somewhat disappointed, your self is possibly over 90% which maximizes the ROI

I just have to get everybody in the house on board when it comes to using appliances, some insist on doing the laundry and ironing on crap days when they could wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

June 829kWh (much better than last year) with 6kW South facing in Wicklow

Best day 40.8kWh 18th June
    Worst day 10.2kWh 25th June

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

June prediction 941kwh

8.64kWp on a 6kw inverter,
    12 degree roof, NE/SW 50:50
    10kwh Battery storage

Using 15c/7.4 day/night rate

My total savings are slightly inflated, as nothing is currently running overnight.

Letting the battery discharge on night rate as I have no problem filling the battery enough to get me to midnight even on poor days (in summer anyway)

"June
    Generation : 1015.6kWh
    Solar Used Directly : 237.4kWh - €36.56
    Solar Used Nightrate : 58.6kWh - €4.34
    Battery Charged : 273.7kWh
    Battery Discharged Day : 126kWh - €33.47
    Battery Discharge Night : 91.3kWh - €6.76
    EVSE Divert : 109.9kWh - €8.13
    Battery Discharged From Grid Charging : 0kWh - €0
    Export : 336kWh
    Total Savings : €84.92"

Day import - 17.7, Night Import 337.5
    If I was on a smart meter with energia's rates and FIT (at 5c) was in, Id be 1 euro better off for the month of june. - Hopefully moving to the EV Tariff soon.. would be 5 euro better off.

July Prediction : 878.37kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

June output 335.1kWh best day 21 June 17.6 worst day 13 June 4.8
    Funny looking at May's best day was 16.7 on 30 may worst was 3.4 on 20 May but monthly total with an extra day was 335.3
    On a 2.5kw system louth sw facing from solar as a service

MAULBROOK wrote: »
    June Total 850.9Kw
    Best day, June 18th 40.2Kw
    Worst Day June 25th 13.3Kw
    Exported 274.5Kw
    Imported 1.3 kw
    Consumed 597.9Kw
    Total Generation since install (June 2019) 11.65MWh

Nice load management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

slave1 wrote: »

Nice load management

My wife has totally bought in to this, if the kettle goes on the dryer is switched off till kettle is boiled. She is pissed its 1.3kw.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

MAULBROOK wrote: »
    My wife has totally bought in to this, if the kettle goes on the dryer is switched off till kettle is boiled. She is pissed its 1.3kw.

That could be just measurement error!

What's your meter reading?

1.3kwh, over 30 days is 43Wh/day.

And that calculates to an average load of 1.8 Watts
    If we just count the hrs that you are running on batteries, say 6? Thats 7.2 watts

Which is still well within measurement error of a ct. Most inverters run on a very slight import.

How does the meter tally up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

graememk wrote: »
    That could be just measurement error!

What's your meter reading?

1.3kwh, over 30 days is 43Wh/day.

And that calculates to an average load of 1.8 Watts
    If we just count the hrs that you are running on batteries, say 6? Thats 7.2 watts

Which is still well within measurement error of a ct. Most inverters run on a very slight import.

How does the meter tally up?

I didn't check the meter reading but all I can say is the last bill I was charged less than €2 for power bought and I have had many bills in the good months coming in under 50 cent on power bought.

The only thing they are getting me on is standing charges and PSO.

1.3kW is effectively zero, especially when looked at over 30days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Pretty weird June over in this neck of the woods (Central Texas). Last year, total consumption was 2.8MWh, though there was a dodgy aircon unit for some of it.

However, not a single day in June was cloudless, and many of the days were overcast. This hit production much harder than consumption, as, overcast or not, the weather here is still warm. We're just talking temperatures closer to 32 instead of 40. 11.5kW system. A 'full' production day would be about 64kWh.

Reminder. The purpose of my system isn't power independence, it's cost limitation. It is financially non-viable (and, frankly I don't have enough roof space) to fit sufficient panels to cover all my power need in the summer.

557466.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭handpref

5.4 kwp East - West split
    636 kWh produced for June

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

June 960kWh

6kWh system south facing ground mount 30 degree incline in the south east corner.

Attachment not found.

53 units purchased this June versus 650 last June..

Thats a great yield for 6kwp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

4.76kw South East facing array

690kWh solar production for June

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJ O Malley

5.9Kw system, south facing.
    June - West Galway
    Total 666Kwh
    Best day, 42Kwh

I was hoping for a bit more for June but it was pretty overcast for much of the month here in the west. System just in for 2 full months now. May was about 770 from memory. Overall I'm happy with our system. We are just learning how to maximise our savings. Exporting alot for free which is annoying. Getting a better hot water cylinder so we can use more, current system only has an emmersion on the top.. Will decide on another battery once the FIT details are announced. Currently we just have one 2.4kw battery..

I have the myenergi hub and app. I don't know if its possible to get display of data for the full month from the app showing the amount generated per day? I can see this on the inverter but not on the app. I've attached what I can see on the app in the below post but doesn't tell me much..anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    John

Data is here for the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,069 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I have the myenergi hub and app. I don't know if its possible to get display of data for the full month from the app showing the amount generated per day?

Not possible, AFAIK.

Should be easy enough for them to add that as an enhancement. Send them a support request maybe?

They might just say when you run a monthly report you are only interested in the totals, not the daily figures but worth asking anyway.

In the meantime just use the inverters app.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

June Stats
    6.4kWp (4.5 SSE, 1.9 WSW) , 4.8kWh battery, Eddi, dumb electric car charger – Tipperary

Generation – 722 kWh
    Export – 54 kWh
    Divert – 230 kWh
    Import – 104 kWh

Best day - 14th, 36.4 kWh
    Worst day - 23rd, 11.4 kWh

Totals so far:
    Month|Generate (KWh)|Export (KWh) |Divert (KWh) |Import (KWh)
    November | 163 | -- | -- | 443
    December | 117 | 0.5 | 22 | 552
    January | 163 | 1.5 | 29 | 709
    February | 213 | 9.6 | 47 | 496
    March | 436 | 25.6 | 119 | 384
    April | 705 | 53.7 | 219 | 207
    May | 734 | 63 | 223 | 141
    June | 722 | 54 | 230 | 104
    Total | 3247 | 208 | 889 | 3036

June slightly down on May, but lowest import overall. Also total generation has now overtaken total import for the first time. Didn't get any fully clean curves - and my best generation day this year was still back in April (by about 1KWh) - really thought I'd be breaking the 40Khw/day by now...well there's still time!

KCross wrote: »
    Not possible, AFAIK.

Should be easy enough for them to add that as an enhancement. Send them a support request maybe?

They might just say when you run a monthly report you are only interested in the totals, not the daily figures but worth asking anyway.

In the meantime just use the inverters app.

Thanks! I don't have an app for the inverter so just got to go and look at the display. Do I need a dongle thingie with the inverter to get the app working? Is there any other benefits in getting the app for the inverter?

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,069 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do I need a dongle thingie with the inverter to get the app working? Is there any other benefits in getting the app for the inverter?

Usually yes. What inverter do you have and someone on here will know for your make.

The inverter app gives you access to what’s in the menu of the inverter so it saves you having to go to the inverter. Things like current and voltage of each string, inverter temp etc. It’s not essential unless you are really interested in the numbers and since you have the hub you have most of what you need already.

KCross wrote: »
    Usually yes. What inverter do you have and someone on here will know for your make.

The inverter app gives you access to what’s in the menu of the inverter so it saves you having to go to the inverter. Things like current and voltage of each string, inverter temp etc. It’s not essential unless you are really interested in the numbers and since you have the hub you have most of what you need already.

Its a 5kw solis inverter. I remember the installer mentioning a dongle. Might look into it in the future but seems like right now its not something I really need.

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Its a 5kw solis inverter. I remember the installer mentioning a dongle. Might look into it in the future but seems like right now its not something I really need.

Cheers
    John
    For Solis you need WiFi/Lan dongle to send data to cloud.

The other option is use ModBus and pull and store data locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭al2009

June

5kw with 3.5kw solis inverter, south face, cork

Generated: 530kwh
    Used: 1009kwh

Best day the 29th, 29kwh generated.

Advertisement