Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

I turned 40 today . To go on social media and see those assholes in the pub sickens my **** . I spent the day holed up at home as I will be doing until my shift on the frontline on Monday . People will never ****ing learn. I'm so angry. Stay safe guys x

Happy birthday, 40 isn’t that old anymore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Hurrache wrote: »
    Longer doesn't equate to best.

You mean short and no information or semblance of what the plain is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I miss the 90's life seemed so simple then.

Tell that to someone in Bosnia or Rwanda

We will live with a virus I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Your post is complete utter ****e.

Agreed if you want to drink then drink at home, it will also save you money too.

I turned 40 today . To go on social media and see those assholes in the pub sickens my **** . I spent the day holed up at home as I will be doing until my shift on the frontline on Monday . People will never ****ing learn. I'm so angry. Stay safe guys x

Happy birthday and thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is anyone on here brave enough to admit to having Covid19 to answer some questions, AMA with an infected carrier would be helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

blanch152 wrote: »
    Was in a pub at lunchtime today and every second table had a reserved sign and nobody was allowed sit at them. You had to wash your hands on the way in. Another sign said if it got too full, you would be refused.

So it could work, but it only takes one entitlement culture addict to say I won’t wash my hands or I want to sit at that table or I won’t go away because you’re not really full. So sooner or later it won’t work because of idiots like that who will then probably complain about the government.

That's grand at lunchtime, not at 10pm at night when half the punters in the pub are pissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The pour on is better

Coopers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

What happens when the pubs run out of toilet rolls?

There is not enough bog roll for all the ****e stains in the pub this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Feels weird that shut-in losers like me are going to survive this but millions are going to die because they couldn't restrain themselves from going out and having 'de mad craic on de sesh' for a couple of weeks.

Can any of you normies explain this mentality to me? What on Earth is so bad about having to stay in on a Saturday night? Are you that terrified that people will think you are 'anti social' for staying in?

Well it's a godsend for Introverts anyway. No need to make excuses. I'm one of them, as are millions of others. Just can't say it out loud because the extroverts think you are mad or something.

Bliss.

Oh and a lot of people who subscribe to message boards and the like are intros. Nothing to fear, it's just a personality type. But unfortunately extroverts rule the roost, so if you are not out there having the craic there is something wrong with you. To me, there is something wrong with THEM!

I don't pretend anymore now, I am who I am, and I know I am not alone in thinking the way I do.

No bother to me to self isolate at all. Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seen my gob****e of a mate all day in the pub and heading out now again to the pub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I watched Varadkar the other day, his announcement was incredibly short compared with the UK press conference that went on for over half an hour talking to people. I log in to facebook/ youtube etc. and adverts from the nhs pop up because the government mandated it so you aren't telling the truth. The message from the Irish government has been weak and a partial lockdown, people don't think it's good enough so instead of criticising the Irish government they are on here criticising the U.K. which is bizarre but makes sense as it distracts from the issues at hand.

Varadker is actually appearing quiet irrelevant in this nightmare . He really is a hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

ITman88 wrote: »
    Happy birthday, 40 isn’t that old anymore!!!

Thank you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Ludicrous, there will be nowhere near this next week
    There will certainly be more, but we will not have the capacity to detect them.
    How do people feel about people getting take away from take away or reateraunts?
    Lots of places are pushing this.
    I'm not eating anything that anyone else across the globe has potentially touched or breathed near in the last ten days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

if gov didn't want people in pubs order them closed otherwise they give them the wrong impression.

The gov said no groups of over 100, and everyone should stay 1 meter apart. That was an initial attempt at a compromise.

The response was for a load of people to flock to pubs, blatently ignore the warnings, and actively make fun of them in places.

So, after trying to compromise, the government will likely now move to order them closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

They said I , and I agree with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭amacca

Faugheen wrote: »
    Difference is the people who are showing ‘hysteria’ are those who just don’t want people to contract the virus and for those people to pass it on to more vulnerable people.

The people showing ‘stupidity’ literally do not give a **** about any of that.

iI say old bean, its rather hard not to be somewhat perturbed when the lives of your loved ones and perhaps even yourself could depend on complete utter ****ing selfish morons

it would be quite interesting to see their levels of calmness if the shoe was on the other foot............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

Matthew Syed on Sky News press preview telling a nice story how he earlier brought his young kids to see his elderly father who has health issues. The ****ing state of the British media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I watched Varadkar the other day, his announcement was incredibly short compared with the UK press conference that went on for over half an hour talking to people. I log in to facebook/ youtube etc. and adverts from the nhs pop up because the government mandated it so you aren't telling the truth. The message from the Irish government has been weak and a partial lockdown, people don't think it's good enough so instead of criticising the Irish government they are on here criticising the U.K. which is bizarre but makes sense as it distracts from the issues at hand.

And did you watch the full 60-90 minute press conference after he spoke with Coveney, Harris and a handful of others? i guess not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

In times like this party politics goes out the window. Nah just sick of the rubbish being spouted.

You're criticising, and making it personal, Leo Varadkar, while defending the UKs impotency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is anyone on here brave enough to admit to having Covid19 to answer some questions, AMA with an infected carrier would be helpful

You'll be ok asking any question except National location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

#closethepubs is now trending on Twitter!! Get on to it and keep this movement going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

We will live with a virus I reckon

Jesus it was a simple comment from someone clearly worried about now and reminiscing about better times in their life

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

LRNM wrote: »
    We have a family dinner planned for Monday. 8 people. Two of them over 60.

Would you go?

Dear LRNM,

Thank you sooo much for the invite, even if it is a little 'impersonal' - I was like - 'OMG, that's so nice!'

Anyhoooo, soooo sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it as we are in this Lock-down yada yada....It's a whole Covid bla bla bla thing.

But Yeah! so Yeah!... you guys, 'Masks -on' as they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's almost if you were working PR for the Tories. Longer doesn't equate to best.

I always say that to the missus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

One would have to wonder, how to we return to normality....even when do we return to normality. There wont be a vaccine for 12-18 months. The partial lockdown will surely last longer than March 29 IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Attachment not found.

A lot of noise on twitter regarding this pic. Is this recent?

It looks like a stag party and if it is, I must admit, it is funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, what’s the best educated researched guess on the numbers that will text positive in Ireland by say, end April?

If there was only a 5% increase in daily new numbers it would be over 7000 at the end of April
    Reality is it starts to jump up massively and then starts to reduce in the daily increases (relative to the previous day)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The gov said no groups of over 100, and everyone should stay 1 meter apart. That was an initial attempt at a compromise.

The response was for a load of people to flock to pubs, blatently ignore the warnings, and actively make fun of them in places.

So, after trying to compromise, the government will likely now move to order them closed.

This idea seems flawed. Nobody goes with the intention of being a wanker, it’s the same idea that I’m not the problem, everyone else is the problem. Allowing 100 people to congregate is essentially saying it’s okay to go out on the beer. 100 is a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And thank you for being there Monday and every other day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement