Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gael23 wrote: »
    Struggling to see the logic behind the UK approach. Seems to be all about protecting the economy

There on sky news trying to call out the Russians for lying and not doing enough, they really are idiots, can't believe what I'm watching here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

I was sent these this morning. Not sure how credible they are.

It's not a story anyway that defence forces have stocked up on more vehicles. I know for a fact the office based gardai have been mobilised from Monday on that's indisputable, I saw my friends roster he was boring me to tears talking about the intracies of it and showing me his phone. But stories like this serve to portray a lockdown as some sort of Armageddon type scenario with armies and helicopters hunting down people breaking curfew. In reality it's closing premises and outlets to stop crowds congregating. It's not like a scene from terminator. It will just look like Xmas day for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Renjit wrote: »
    Do you have someone with medical conditions (respiratory, diabetes, cardiovascular, cancer etc)? Or someone in high risk area? Then probably not a good idea to bring kids to the beach. Maintain social distancing at all costs.

It's ok to go to the beach. Risk is very low outdoors and it's very very easy to keep your distance from people on a large open space like a beach

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Same phone call just now.
    Been to see her every day for weeks and already she is forgetting my siblings and her grandkids.
    We have a folder of photographs I go through every day trying to remind her of the family. Every day she remembers less and less.
    I know her forgetting her family is not as important as keeping her and others safe medically but am in bits here.

It's tough alright Kathleen.
    It's hard when our hands are tied.
    Best wishes to and yours and anyone that has to go through such measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭katie275

The Gardai cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,284 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Out and about in fresh air is fine, just be aware of your surroundings and interactions. Plenty plenty places to go that are wide and open and full of clean and feee space. Beach now for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

The critical care system in this country is top notch! Ireland will get through this crisis!
    Agree 100% about the care, world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Renjit wrote: »
    Do you have someone with medical conditions (respiratory, diabetes, cardiovascular, cancer etc)? Or someone in high risk area? Then probably not a good idea to bring kids to the beach. Maintain social distancing at all costs.

That's just over reaction that won't help anyone. Go to the beach. It's march, there will be no one there. Anyone that is give them a 10m berth. You'll have long enough inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Will all workplaces be closed down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

coastwatch wrote: »
    Agree with you there. I'm not on FB, but there was a long panic FB post doing the rounds and shared on here yesterday.
    It originated from Ger "Redser" O'Grady, former Tipp Inter-County Hurler (2003-2006). A good hurler no doubt, but not sure if he's an expert on pandemics though.

Report everything you see like this. Facebook have a Covid-19 policy in place which specifically covers rumours and panic-mongering but they need people to flag the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Reposting again as it’s so simple and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There was a 50th Birthday party in a local pub last night it seems. The pub was supposed to be packed according to a friend I met this morning while walking my dog.
    Morons.
    Time to ban pubs etc from opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,284 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Syncpolice wrote: »

No. But expect cafes and bars and cinemas, and non-essential premises to likely shut..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

With a large number of people still sick with this virus I wouldn't be taking the under 50 mortality rates as settled.

We know currently in Italy they're the group of patients getting most of the care and I'm sure the younger you are the longer your body will fight it. Could see a spike in the death rate for all brackets under 50 as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Today just 51% of the world's cases are in China. Yesterday 55% of cases were in China, the day before that 60%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

no mention on stopping offices with more than a 100 staff opening?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

We might be hours from the apocalypse but can we not resort to calling the north part of the uk please. We have got this far, no point falling apart at the last minute!

Why would you call it anything else?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

There's not a thread on the site that the obsessed won't make about Brexit & Trump and bore the bollocks off the rest of us.

It's nearly as if what Trump and the UK do will have an impact on how this whole thing goes down here as well.

Syncpolice wrote: »

Pretty much for 6 weeks starting Wednesday. Grocery, Pharmacies and Petrol stations to remain open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Pretty much for 6 weeks starting Wednesday. Grocery, Pharmacies and Petrol stations to remain open.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eldudebros

How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The vintners are holding sway here. Just close the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    My cousin is living in Northern Italy.
    She can go for a walk alone or with one other. They’re not allowed to be too close to eachother or holding hands and they’re not allowed to congregate. Same follows if you meet other people on your walk , you’re not supposed to stop for a big chat. Going for a walk is no issue over there as long as it’s alone or with one other and not standing around or sitting on a bench.

I'm living in Spain, we can't go for a walk as of today for a minimum of 15 days.

food shopping, bank, pharmacy, doctor/hospital or to bring care packages to elderly or infirm relatives...that's it.

Police have been given the power to stop everyone in the street, walking or in cars, and if you don't have a reasonable explanation for why you're there you are in big trouble.

All parks and playgrounds have been closed. I think Ireland is only one or two steps behind in following us tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

katie275 wrote: »
    The Gardai cars

Europecar have 2yr old stock now do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

You have no proof of that.
    While I think there will be a gradual shutdown you cant answer some out out straight saying yes starting from wednesday when that isn't the case.

Theres a national meeting as planned tomorrow, no decisions taken until during that meeting.

While I think we'll see more restrictions theres nothing set in stone yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

I was sent these this morning. Not sure how credible they are.

It was on the news they hired over 200 vehicles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

eldudebros wrote: »
    How do you know that?

They don't they are basing it on what is happening in other countries.

They won't be closing down the public sector anyways, it'll be work as usual for us as otherwise how would people get paid.

Likely moving to working shifts though to limit contact with others which is a good idea, imo anyways.

biggebruv wrote: »
    Source?

Nope not giving it. You might know this afternoon with everyone else once the meeting with government finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Not being funny but they are symptoms of Meningitis not Covid 19 id seek medical advice.

FFS.
    It also the symptoms of a sore neck!

Honestly some people just can't help but come out with absolute sh!te talk:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement