Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

When the doctors said he was free to go they might have meant he was free to leave the surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

First Up wrote: »
    Has it occured to you that if the EU was a democracy, all the Commissioners would be from Germany, France, Italy and Spain?

No I guess it hasn't.

How do you work that out? Britain is a democracy, as are we. 2 very different outcomes to our general elections based on using and not using PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Purgative wrote: »
    Can she?

According to Connelly's article yesterday yes he can be sack but the bar is high.

No one has ever been sacked from the Comissision

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Connelly just said Hogan was "contrite"??

Contrite or contrived????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

We are days away from hearing Hogan was golfing in Wuhan back in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Does he even care how badly the finger pointing and bullying attitude comes across on tv?
    I agree with everything that has been said about him on here, but I cant help feeling he is the perfect person to deal with the Brits in the Brexit negotiations

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe he out of the Commission but already has a new job lined up?

He seems to think he is away with it

The EU, who he works for, don't give a fûck what transpired in a remote backwater, unless he was licking door handles and coughing on babies deliberately...and even then...

He's an arsehole, but he's our arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lundstram wrote: »
    We are days away from hearing Hogan was golfing in Wuhan back in December.

And enjoyed some pangolin soup at the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

When the doctors said he was free to go they might have meant he was free to leave the surgery

He took that as a green light. You need to write it in law before Phil will comply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It's clearly a gap in information between Citizens information and the HSE.

The HSE advice should take priority. Citizens Information should update their incorrect page ASAP.

He is picking and choosing what pages to read on the site

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_and_covid19.html#l4a74f

Clearly says 14 days restricted movement it also states "From Wednesday 26 August 2020, the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form is changing to an online form. If you are travelling to Ireland on or after this date, you can complete the form before you arrive.

If any of the information you provide on the form changes in the next 14 days, you must email passengerlocatorform@plf.ie with updated information.

You may be fined up to €2,500 or imprisoned for up to 6 months, or both if you do not:

Fill in and submit the form to a relevant person
    Knowingly provide information that is false or misleading
    Provide further information when requested
    Update your residence details if these change within 14 days of your arrival."

So did he update his passengerlocator form?

• Advertisement

I wish RTÉ had brought on Alan Kelly about this.

I hate hearing Doherty be right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I agree with everything that has been said about him on here, but I cant help feeling he is the perfect person to deal with the Brits in the Brexit negotiations

No, they will point to him as an example of why they are leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The EU, who he works for, don't give a fûck what transpired in a remote backwater, unless he was licking door handles and coughing on babies deliberately...and even then...

He's an arsehole, but he's our arsehole.

They'll give a **** if it suits them. Especially for your last line. Not entirely sure Von Der Leyen is swayed by him as a Commissioner.

Dr Rónán Glynn directs people nightly to the dot gov site. As is proper.
    Who gave DR Phil the idea that you check citizens information as a first port of call in a fast-changing environment? This is more tired cynical political media advisor garbage. They rot this country's politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

ForestFire wrote: »
    When not playing golf, or negotiating lobster deals, big Phil enjoys a bit of....

Attachment not found.

Can someone embed the image properly :(

524286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I wish RTÉ had brought on Alan Kelly about this.

I hate hearing Doherty be right

Alan Kelly would have had a lot more credibility- Doherty is another ‘do as I say, not as I do’ type.

Funeral attendance, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

They'll give a **** if it suits them. Especially for your last line. Not entirely sure Von Der Leyen is swayed by him as a Commissioner.

She sees him for the Odious prick that he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Dr Rónán Glynn directs people nightly to the dot gov site. As is proper.
    Who gave DR Phil the idea that you check citizens information as a first port of call in a fast-changing environment? This is more tired cynical political media advisor garbage. They rot this country's politics.

Hogan should go. No doubt about it.

Aside from that I take issue that our public websites are not aligned over such a serious matter at this time.

It reaks of Civil Service incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

No, they will point to him as an example of why they are leaving
    But he is exactly like a brexiteer???

Tony Connelly said a lot of people over in Brussels are not happy with the mess Hogan has created

Just having Hogan in the Commission gives everyone they are dealing with the "moral high ground"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Tippex wrote: »

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_and_covid19.html#l4a74f

Clearly says 14 days restricted movement it also states "From Wednesday 26 August 2020, the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form is changing to an online form. If you are travelling to Ireland on or after this date, you can complete the form before you arrive.

If any of the information you provide on the form changes in the next 14 days, you must email passengerlocatorform@plf.ie with updated information.

You may be fined up to €2,500 or imprisoned for up to 6 months, or both if you do not:

So did he update his passengerlocator form?[I/QUOTE]

He did in his Swiss:rolleyes:

I wonder was the hospital appt legit?

He seemed to just show up without being checked before going there.

If he knew he had an appointment why didn't he come come back sooner and quarantine or if it was a sudden complaint he should have just gone up to the hospital after being abroad

He went to the hospital although he may have been covid positive.

Why isn't he putting his doctors in the spotlight? He is blaming everyone else ...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Just saw the clip when he is about to walk into the studio. Tony is waiting for him mask on his face and your man comes in with this arrogant grin, no mask of course. Then he looks at the camera ‘oh manure’ nervously tapping his Armani’s left pocket, hoping some of his aids put a mask in there. What kind of message does this send? Even after his genuine mea culpas, just shows how seriously he takes this and what he thinks about the people of Ireland. Up yours peasants I’m fking untouchable!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hand written notes he says in Kildare that he was getting.

He's a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

He took that as a green light. You need to write it in law before Phil will comply

Even that’s no guarantee.

jimd2 wrote: »
    Do not get any time off? Do have any downtime yourself?

I have no gra for Phil Hogan but I am a bit concerned at the witchhunt going on here.

He admits he made a mistake. Very very embarrassed. He is not living in Ireland and was advised by (so called) eminent people that all was ok ref this event. I would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. espcially as his job is in Europe and not directly involved in covid related decisions here.

He masterminded Enda Kenny's defence of his throne. So they're close. Yet Kenny had the good sense to depart. After having the bad sense to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tippex wrote: »

So did he update his passengerlocator form?

Thanks for the link but does it not refer to arrangements commencing tomorrow August 26th ?

Alan Kelly would have had a lot more credibility- Doherty is another ‘do as I say, not as I do’ type.

Funeral attendance, etc

Maybe Kelly was their first choice but he might become unwell watching the interview

I know I did

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

An Ri rua wrote: »
    He masterminded Enda Kenny's defence of his throne. So they're close. Yet Kenny had the good sense to depart. After having the bad sense to arrive.

I do agree with you there.

Kenny must have said it to Phil and co. that the meal was a bad idea.

I still think that its not serious enough to drop our commissioner but he is on shaky ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

murpho999 wrote: »
    He also trivialised his phone use in the car too. He did not come across well. Seems to think he's above us all.

He was indignant in explaining this.
    Sh1thead will keep his job I'd say though.

Advertisement