Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

State of Play announced for this Thursday, with a special look at Deathloop. Unknown if anything else will be announced or if it'll just be Deathloop like the Horizon 2 State of Play.

Edit: Just seen that they'll also have info on some indie games and third party games, so seems like a full State of Play

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah there goes my hype when Deathloop is the main focus, no interest in that game. I'm hoping we see some juicy stuff like the rumoured Marvel game made by the Xcom team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    State of Play announced for this Thursday, with a special look at Deathloop. Unknown if anything else will be announced or if it'll just be Deathloop like the Horizon 2 State of Play.

Edit: Just seen that they'll also have info on some indie games and third party games, so seems like a full State of Play

More details
    We’ve seen Cole’s head-spinning powers in action before, but this Thursday we’ll get a nine-minute look at Deathloop’s time-twisted world as part of a new State of Play. The show kicks off at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 11pm CEST, viewable on Twitch or YouTube.

In this extended gameplay sequence, we’ll see Cole use his abilities to stealthily skulk across rooftops… or go in guns blazing to create a whole lot of mayhem. Lots of options available on Blackreef Island.
    In addition to this long look at Bethesda’s violent adventure, we’ll have updates on some exciting indie and third-party titles. The full show clocks in around 30 minutes.

This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.

See you Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Fecking drip feed announcements like the majority of last summer which was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah there goes my hype when Deathloop is the main focus, no interest in that game. I'm hoping we see some juicy stuff like the rumoured Marvel game made by the Xcom team.

I got sick of it after being forced to sit through trailer after trailer in every PS5 pre release stream. I hate that game for no reason whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fecking drip feed announcements like the majority of last summer which was crap

In fairness, that was pretty covid related

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm really looking forward to Deathloop, I like the look of it. But we've already seen plenty from it, and a featured spot on a State of Play is pushing it a bit to be honest, it's not surprising people are sick of the sight of it already!

Bit disappointing this rumoured Sony event is just this State of Play on a game we've already seen alot of, and some indies. Many people had been talking up a big Sony showcase similar to last summer, but at this stage that isn't looking likely any time soon. The blog post mentioned that there would be no news here on GOW or Horizon but to stay tuned, so those could be their own State of Plays too rather than on a bigger event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Hi all I'm sure this has been asked before so I won't ask for a big discussion on it.

Im looking to get a headset to use for night time gaming in the sitting room. Is the official ps5 headset good all-rounder or is it worth paying extra for one of the steel series?

I have the Pulse and I have zero complaints with it. Can't compare it to the Steel Series, but it's definitely better than my old XP510's! For €100, you can't go wrong really.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Anyone else find it very strange that Deathloop has been "on offer" on PS Store at 62e down from 70e basically since it's been announced/available to pre-order.
    I think this game is really going to struggle when it comes out.

Hoping for more on Kena, Stray, Jett, Season, Sifu and Open Roads at the SoP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Death Stranding Director's Cut out 24th September. Only 10 euro to upgrade, will definitely be getting this, new additions look great, especially that catapult :).

• Advertisement

Created playlist of all videos from last week just in case somebody hasn't seen them in the last week😎

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know if these would be alright to connect AirPods?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/233777759916

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Who knows, unbranded but for 6 quid it's probably worth a try. Me, I'd probably stick to ones that are known to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone know if the PS5 and XB series X use the same power cable?

According to t'internetz, yes, they both us a IEC C7 cable (2-pin 'figure 8' connector).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Perfect stuff, I am picking mine up tomorrow so looking forward to testing it out, As I already have a series X I dont expect to be blown away but is there something I should be picking up to make most of the system, I am probably going to grab demon souls and then a toss up between returnal or ratchet

I plan on picking up death stranding for the directors cut and also new ghosts as they are the two big ps4 games I didnt play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Definitely play through Astrobot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Apple TV+ is a handy one. I was considering getting it anyway for the For All Mankind show so saves me a few quid

• Advertisement

I know it's free, but is it even worth it? I'll probably take it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Apparently its gotten much better. Not sure if it's as big a leap prime was from its original days to now but def not trash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Worth it just for Mythic Quest alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ted lasso was probably the most wholesome show I watched during lockdown. Hard to not like and returning tomorrow for 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There’s not much on Apple TV+ compared to the likes of Prime or Netflix. But it is fairly handy if you’d want to purchase movies. They’ve sales on every week with movies down to €3-4. It’s been my go-to app since PS Video got shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

There isn't a lot on ATV+ but what is there is quality. Most shows are an AV 10/10 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

The Apple offer is available until July 22nd 2022, so I'll probably hold off until September when Foundation is due out.

Wonder if it will be like the PS Plus collection - people using their friends PS5 to link non pS5 Sony and apple accounts to get the free six months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement