Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

rusty1983 wrote: »
    Did any one get called for Laois?

Yes - I was in top 10 after round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

I was top 20 in Cork and called to stage 2 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows from experience...I am in the early 600's for Dublin after stage 1, is there any chance of being called to stage 2?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lemon drop

Just got my invite to stage 3, presentation and Interview 😯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Lemon drop wrote: »
    Just got my invite to stage 3, presentation and Interview 😯

Oh god it is presentation :eek::confused: vom

Did they give the topic straight away for the presentation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lemon drop

No, they will give the topic 7 days before the date. I just quickly read through the email, so there there seems to be a lot of info. in it. I’ll read through properly later 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Lemon drop wrote: »
    No, they will give the topic 7 days before the date. I just quickly read through the email, so there there seems to be a lot of info. in it. I’ll read through properly later 😬

Presentation and research paper actually!!

Choice of 3 topics which are given 7 days in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Wonder how long you get to discuss each topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Foxy1987

Hi guys anyone from Sligo/Leitrim area contacted yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

What??????? Presentation and a research paper??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

I dunno, it just seems like more and more roadblocks are being thrown up with every passing competition. Not enough that people have demonstrable experience and qualifications, are in line with the competency framework and have aced those awful aptitude tests - they gotta drag them over even more coals yeesh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AngelaG

Foxy1987 wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone from Sligo/Leitrim area contacted yet? :)

Yes. Got called for Sligo Stage 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Niamhf wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows from experience...I am in the early 600's for Dublin after stage 1, is there any chance of being called to stage 2?

Thanks!

Based on past competitions Batch 2 will be called when Batch 1 is finished with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Did anyone get called for stage two in the Tipperary region?

I'm in the 160s so won't be called anytime soon. Just curious is stage 3 an interview and presentation? Or is it a presentation and research topic? And if it is the latter is it a record yourself situation again?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

Purpletoes wrote: »
    I’m Carlow and Kilkenny and was called today too

I have Kilkenny down but haven’t heard anything. It must be Carlow they are calling then 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sinniewinnie

Did anyone get called for stage two in the Tipperary region?

Hi Littlefinger I had Tipp and Limerick as my choices and got a call for stage 2 but that could be based on Limerick as a choice .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cardoyle

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    Yes - I was in top 10 after round 1

Do you know if it was just the top 10 called? I am oom 15

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Brera wrote: »
    I have Kilkenny down but haven’t heard anything. It must be Carlow they are calling then 🀔

Maybe they are only calling a few at a time. I’m pretty high up for both so far.... subject to change in a heartbeat though, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mariagirl

Just wondering how the Presentation will work? can we prepare in advance and present and record or is it similar to Stage 1 in that it is timed 'live'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

Purpletoes wrote: »
    Maybe they are only calling a few at a time. I’m pretty high up for both so far.... subject to change in a heartbeat though, obviously.

I’m pretty high up for Kilkenny, which is why I think they may be calling Carlow first.

It would be a lot easier if PAS just told us which counties they are going with.

I’m pretty high up for Kilkenny, which is why I think they may be calling Carlow first.

It would be a lot easier if PAS just told us which counties they are going with.

Yeah for sure, it really would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clearoutgirl

AngelaG wrote: »
    Yes. Got called for Sligo Stage 2 .

Hi Angela can I ask what other county you have chosen? And does that other county a vacancy? Do yo know if there is a vacancy for sligo? Just wondering as I am in top 10 for sligo but I haven't heard anything yet.🀷*♀️ i have leitrim as my other county. Thanks ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Disney2003

I have Kilkenny down but haven’t heard anything. It must be Carlow they are calling then 🀔

I have Carlow and kilkenny down too and I got called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dublincs2020

Just wanted to check if anyone as heard anything since the OOM and results were released for internal Revenue HEO.
    I know there was a mention of moving to another thread but didn't see any linked.
    Thanks

Good luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Could anyone who has completed the SONRU video interview confirm if you can take a couple of minutes between questions, just to swap over notes etc. or if it automatically moves on to the next question. TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Samjd wrote: »
    Could anyone who has completed the SONRU video interview confirm if you can take a couple of minutes between questions, just to swap over notes etc. or if it automatically moves on to the next question. TIA

You’ve 90 seconds to prepare for the first question and 3 minutes for the others

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EllieKelly123

Slightly off topic, my query relates to internal competitions. Can anyone tell me, if a civil servant works in HSE or An Garda Síochána, is it ever the case that a doctor or a guard completes their form as a supervisor or should it always be a higher ranking civil servant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Slightly off topic, my query relates to internal competitions. Can anyone tell me, if a civil servant works in HSE or An Garda Síochána, is it ever the case that a doctor or a guard completes their form as a supervisor or should it always be a higher ranking civil servant?

What form?

Advertisement